• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Rambo? I call you Rambo? I can't I can't! It's too soon! 😭

E9QMVv6XoAEPioE

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Those gloves are weird though, make his fingers look weird.

Reminds me a bit of that creepy Salad Fingers internet cartoon.

IstraBalagina

If he can command his box, I'm a fan of this move. No point in comparing him to Emi, but I'd start Ramsdale over the German flapper.

Leno is a good shot stopper though in fairness.
I used to think he's a great shot stopper too, but now I don't even think he's consistently good with that. Overall he's a poor goalkeeper

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I've got to be honest, I wasn't happy about the Ramsdale signing but this made me atleast feel a bit better:

Ok it looks like you can't read it fully unless you go to reddit so I'll paste the comment here too:

"I won’t tell you if Arsenal is spending the right amount on Aaron Ramsdale, or whether there are better improvements out there.

I am a member of the Dons’ Trust, who are the fan owners of AFC Wimbledon after an independent commission stole our former club to Milton Keynes. Against much odds, Wimbledon fought their way back into the Football League, finding themselves in League One in 2018 using little more than the fans’ money in the smallest stadium in the EFL. Perpetually reliant on loans, our only hope of progress was to stabilise and rebuild our home Plough Lane in order to economically compete.

But that would be a couple years away. December 2018 saw us sunk at the bottom of the table, a respected manager sacked for someone best known for controversial remarks (and later fired over betting misconduct). Relegation was a certainty, fans thought. It would have set us back years, but there was little hope for else.

On 4 January 2019, Aaron Ramsdale replaced Tom King between the sticks. We were still 5 points adrift, and the results did not improve at first. By mid-February, we were 10 points down. But I could clearly see, from my vantage point less than 5 metres behind the goal, that Aaron was a class above. He should be playing at least in the Championship. He was bailing the team out, time after time, and eventually his teammates repaid his faith. We went on an incredible run that culminates in an incredible draw with the leaders Luton where Aaron made this save.

One match later, a win against Wycombe would take us out of the relegation zone for the first time all season. We would seal our survival with a 0-0 away draw against Bradford. The fans did not leave Valley Parade for a long time as the players joined them in celebration. Aaron ended up entering the stands and leading the fan chants .

Three months later, Aaron started his first Premier League game for Bournemouth. He would win hearts down the south coast and later at Sheffield United, being voted player of the season in both 2019-20 and 2020-21. Wimbledon supporters would also vote him their goalkeeper of decade despite a mere six-month stay. When Aaron has a day off, he still comes to see the Dons play.

Many fans have personal stories about Aaron. I was not one of them, but I have never heard a bad word about the man. Last year, we finally returned to Plough Lane for the first time in almost 30 years. Our future looks bright, and that is in substantial part because of Aaron.

I’ve watched a lot of football and held fondness for many players, but nobody has made me feel pride like Aaron Ramsdale. Good luck Aaron, you have earned this chance."

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Sorry if this has been posted already, but I've got to be honest, I wasn't happy about the Ramsdale signing but this made me atleast feel a bit better:

Ok it looks like you can't read it fully unless you go to reddit so I'll paste the comment here too:

"I won’t tell you if Arsenal is spending the right amount on Aaron Ramsdale, or whether there are better improvements out there.

I am a member of the Dons’ Trust, who are the fan owners of AFC Wimbledon after an independent commission stole our former club to Milton Keynes. Against much odds, Wimbledon fought their way back into the Football League, finding themselves in League One in 2018 using little more than the fans’ money in the smallest stadium in the EFL. Perpetually reliant on loans, our only hope of progress was to stabilise and rebuild our home Plough Lane in order to economically compete.

But that would be a couple years away. December 2018 saw us sunk at the bottom of the table, a respected manager sacked for someone best known for controversial remarks (and later fired over betting misconduct). Relegation was a certainty, fans thought. It would have set us back years, but there was little hope for else.

On 4 January 2019, Aaron Ramsdale replaced Tom King between the sticks. We were still 5 points adrift, and the results did not improve at first. By mid-February, we were 10 points down. But I could clearly see, from my vantage point less than 5 metres behind the goal, that Aaron was a class above. He should be playing at least in the Championship. He was bailing the team out, time after time, and eventually his teammates repaid his faith. We went on an incredible run that culminates in an incredible draw with the leaders Luton where Aaron made this save.

One match later, a win against Wycombe would take us out of the relegation zone for the first time all season. We would seal our survival with a 0-0 away draw against Bradford. The fans did not leave Valley Parade for a long time as the players joined them in celebration. Aaron ended up entering the stands and leading the fan chants .

Three months later, Aaron started his first Premier League game for Bournemouth. He would win hearts down the south coast and later at Sheffield United, being voted player of the season in both 2019-20 and 2020-21. Wimbledon supporters would also vote him their goalkeeper of decade despite a mere six-month stay. When Aaron has a day off, he still comes to see the Dons play.

Many fans have personal stories about Aaron. I was not one of them, but I have never heard a bad word about the man. Last year, we finally returned to Plough Lane for the first time in almost 30 years. Our future looks bright, and that is in substantial part because of Aaron.

I’ve watched a lot of football and held fondness for many players, but nobody has made me feel pride like Aaron Ramsdale. Good luck Aaron, you have earned this chance."
Sounds like a top class bloke. Hope he steals the hearts of the Arsenal faithful.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
How were the most important things written in the Gunner Blog Athletic piece brushed off as fluff?

He sticks his neck out for crosses at the 2nd highest rate in the PL and he is quick to throw accurate long passes. Those two things Emi unquestionably has over Leno are what we need for Arteta's playing out from the back crap. This will eliminate our players dallying on the ball in front of our own goal and get things ramped up quickly.

Leno is a good shot stopper but his command and distribution are non-existent. He goes into more of a shell when things are down too. I am feeling much better about this and Ramsdale will probably beat Leno out sooner than later.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He will become our first choice, after the 2 defeats against Chelsea and City...when we appoint Eddie Howe to replace Arteta, and begin our return to the Europa, with a commanding 3-0 win over Norwich.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
I rate him as a keeper but its absolutely baffling we were willing to spend 25m on him before getting our hands on a Right back/Central midfielder

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He's a top bloke. Seeing this along with his interview on Arsenal.com where he even speaks on his Grandpa points to that. I was in favour of Onana but I hope Ramsdale comes here and smashes it. Would love to be wrong on this one.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Saw his interview, saw abit of a cocky vibe from him, which is always good.

Much better than that brooding mysterious thing Arteta unconvincingly tries to pull off. Guarantee he wears a beret and smokes cloves when going back home for the San Sebastian Jazz Festival. Poser.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

How were the most important things written in the Gunner Blog Athletic piece brushed off as fluff?
I posted the article in it's entirety and for those who couldn't be bothered to open the spoiler, were never going to care about the data in the piece. It's there for everyone to read though my summary was just that, a summary.

The fluff I was actually referring to the abuse stuff, it's been done to death and as a forum the general consensus is that we will give him a chance.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom