• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

What grief was that? Before his dad came in people were talking about his performances.

If you won't bother to keep people apart, than yes, snide remarks are off the table for you. It's your problem to be dealt with and not other posters.

You can't have it both ways. Hope this makes it clear.
:lol: Yes, sir! No snide remarks for Case it is! Keep unrecognizable posters apart second rule. Third was not to post anything in the Arteta thread that can make the Outers miffed. I am on it! ;)

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Fair enough. I haven't posted a huge amount in the Ramsdale thread. I've obviously missed a lot.

I've just seem a tweet by Scott Willis from June 14th of this year saying

''Aaron Ramsdale ranked 40th out of 42 Premier League goalkeepers in Goals saved compared to Post Shot xG, allowing 4.6 more goals than expected based on the locations for an 'average' goalkeeper. He ranked 200th out of 218 in the big five leagues combined.''

I don't know what Post Shot xG is but I'm very dubious when I see stats like this, there's no way he's that poor of a goalkeeper.
Statistics can be incredibly misleading…

As an example, let’s say Ram-ram faces less shots on average than most PL goal keepers. It could be easy to put this down solely to the defenders in front of him. But how many situations have we seen where our defenders defuse a potentially dangerous situation by passing to ramsdale because they trust his ability on the ball? You completely miss all of this if you just look at a statistic like shot save percentage out of context.

Same goes with how effective a goalie is at dealing with crosses and set pieces. If they manage to catch the ball or consistently get good mileage on punching a corner then they will face less shots. I bring this up coz someone mentioned flappy-handski and how good his “stats” look…

Edit: AND ANOTHER THING…

Same goes with how quick a keeper is at coming off his line. How many more shots would Neuer have faced over his career if he wasn’t so elite at coming out and smothering the ball before the opposition striker.

Stats ain’t everything… at least not in isolation…

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I don’t get why people (excluding his father) are getting so sensitive and over protective about constructive criticism and factual information? Me & @Trilly were simply analysing the stats towards the back end of last season + the one I posted up the other day and giving our take on his downwards spiral of form but I didn’t realise it was burning through the chest of certain man on here.

If you have a look below, that was as constructive as it gets before his father decided to quote me and the usually posse who spin things tried to say we’re being heavily critical and slating him:

I don’t see that same energy being applied from others to Gabriel when he makes his blunders. Ramsdale can be upgraded on just like Gabriel can but I very much doubt we will. Hopefully both of them start improving very soon.

@grange really thought his father would care what an “inner” or “sexual” is 🤣🤣🤣🤣 this shameless bunch are a different gravy, I have to hand it to them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm going to go ahead and assume @albino is who he says he is.

Kind of a shame if he doesn't feel like posting on here because he / his son are getting mocked by internet warriors. It would be cool to have someone related to a player who actually wanted to post here.

If he was Saka's grandad or Saliba's aunt everyone on here would be bowing down.

At the end of the day it's his son. It must be frustrating to read people like us slate him at times when we don't really know what we're talking about.
Tbh his son can be annoying and lacks composure

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This forum does like to pick and choose, that's my only real gripe with the player ratings. Super harsh with some, wishy washy with others.

Pepe, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Eddie, Tavares, Sambi, a little bit with Gabriel, all absolutely obliterated on here. Yet it's be kind to Ramsdale cause his dad logs in when he has time to step away from his box seats.

Yes some of them weren't up to standard but it's goes deeper to the size of their brains, to their numerous cars or the size of their b*m, their family or even their kids and that could be reading this forum too but of course not everybody gets this respect.

The ones that pretend to be positive are some of the worst for this actually and turn very nasty when a players failings starts to look bad on Arteta.
What do they all have in common?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
The guy announced he’s leaving and you’re here begging it to him, icky. 🤢
Also I guarantee I’d wipe the floor with you at any physical activity, first part of your post sounding a lot like projection :lol:
A 40 year old man calling himself Trilly. Right. You gotta stop smoking them backwoods.

Last edited:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Top posting, @albino. Don’t let these invalids who couldn’t jog a city block without keeling over get you down. The Arteta Inners have always supported your son.

Just make sure you put @2Smokeyy, @Trilly, @jones, @GDeep™, @farzad4daarse, @Rasmi, @Entropics, @ExtjExhtts, @<<reed>>, and @Oxeki on ignore and you’ll find our forum quite welcoming.
Seems like there is a lot of confusion here. These two paragraphs are two separate thoughts but AM lacks reading comprehension as usual.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Well that's all good, but I would say quite confidently that Ramsdale is just ok with loads of room to improve. As long as he stays on the right side of Arteta and the team has loads of possession then he will be aight.

However, this is what players getting mocked by "internet warriors" actually looks like:

Tavares:

I couldn't even be bothered to find more examples because reading this forums blatant unconscious bias was just making me incensed, having to unignore some complete d*ckheads to prove a point. Lacazette and Xhaka threads are there if you want more.

There are a few that are ferociously protected on here and there's some where it's open season and there's nobody offering perspective or any reasonable anaysis other than gtfo out my club.

Does Ramsdale even see a percentage of this? No and quite frankly he will never be called certain things no matter how bad he is, that's his privilege.

@albino is an idi*t tbh, no sympathy. Stop policing tame opinions on the internet and just enjoy the free box seats instead of logging in here and calling people names. Nonsense behaviour.

This forum is complete bullshit sometimes I really wonder why I log in here and subject myself to reading all you guys bollocks.

Stop whinging and go support Nice and Marseille then you player worshiping sad act.

For the money we invested Pepe was a flop and unsuited to the way we want to play. Tavares was a major disaster and one of the reasons we missed top 4. Deal with it!

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Well, im thinking about Ederson passes.

If it's not around you just make it up

For example take distribution that goes past your half of the pitch, reaches the intended target and is not a header, something like that

and then you can call it expective progressive passes by goalkeepers xppgk or something, as if you just discovered a new animal out there

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

😂😂😂 this actually so funny always at southampton there birds flying in our last attack of game there was a bird inside Southampton goal these guys just trolling the players.
Bird was mad over how we handled AMN's career

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Fair enough. I haven't posted a huge amount in the Ramsdale thread. I've obviously missed a lot.

I've just seem a tweet by Scott Willis from June 14th of this year saying

''Aaron Ramsdale ranked 40th out of 42 Premier League goalkeepers in Goals saved compared to Post Shot xG, allowing 4.6 more goals than expected based on the locations for an 'average' goalkeeper. He ranked 200th out of 218 in the big five leagues combined.''

I don't know what Post Shot xG is but I'm very dubious when I see stats like this, there's no way he's that poor of a goalkeeper.
Post shot xG basically measures how good the shot is, makes things fairer on goalkeepers and lets you identify lethal finishers. It's pretty much a perfect stat for identifying how good of a shot stopper a GK is.

A 30 yard longshot that flies into the top corner would have an XG value of like 0.01 because it's a low percentage shot, it would be very unfair on the goalkeeper in that case to say he conceded one goal even though he only faced an xG of 0.1.

That same top corner long shot however would have a post shot xG of like 0.99 though because of how good it was, right in the top corner. A lot fairer on the goalkeeper because now he's only condeded one goal from a psXG of 0.99, can't really slate him for that.

That's what makes Ramsdale's stats worrying, it's taking the quality of the shots he's facing into account and he's still performing poorly.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Post shot xG basically measures how good the shot is, makes things fairer on goalkeepers and lets you identify lethal finishers. It's pretty much a perfect stat for identifying how good of a shot stopper a GK is.

A 30 yard longshot that flies into the top corner would have an XG value of like 0.01 because it's a low percentage shot, it would be very unfair on the goalkeeper in that case to say he conceded one goal even though he only faced an xG of 0.1.

That same top corner long shot however would have a post shot xG of like 0.99 though because of how good it was, right in the top corner. A lot fairer on the goalkeeper because now he's only condeded one goal from a psXG of 0.99, can't really slate him for that.

That's what makes Ramsdale's stats worrying, it's taking the quality of the shots he's facing into account and he's still performing poorly.

If all this Post shot xG stuff is a fairly accurate science then surely Ramsdale's poor stats must come down to positioning then? Because I don't remember too many obvious howlers he's let in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom