• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I would genuinely be worried for the bird's safety too (even watching on my TV, I was worried for the little guy) so I kinda rate that from Aaron :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I have a dumb question: Is there some "progressive passes" stats concerning goalkeepers thats worth looking at?
There's 'launched' completion %. Basically pass completion for long passes but it's not perfect because having a big lump up top who wins headers can make you look like a better long passer than you are.

There's passes attempted which again gives a good idea of how well a GK plays out from the back especially if compared to launch %. Guys like Ederson and Allison are top 10 in the league for passes attempted but are the only two in the top 10 who 'launch' less than 20% of their passes.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If all this Post shot xG stuff is a fairly accurate science then surely Ramsdale's poor stats must come down to positioning then? Because I don't remember too many obvious howlers he's let in.
Yeah maybe, tbh, that could explain things, people less likely to blame you for a shot going in if you didn't get near it.

He's not hugely underperforming in this time period btw, 34th Percentile isn't great but the overall numbers aren't that bad, he's only let in 2 more goals than he should have in his entire time here. Issue is two fold though. He's been trending negatively since that brilliant start and secondly the better keepers in the league are actually letting in less goals than they should have.

For context Kepa has already prevented 2.7 goals this season (yeah probably a purple patch), Pickford 3.9 and Allison 6.4. Ramsdale is at -0.2 so no alarm bells but you'd want our keeper to be in the positives come the end of the season.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Ramsdale is making the England squad I hear. But they see him see him as the third choice keeper, behind Pickford and Pope. Ramsdale gets in ahead of Henderson.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ramsdale to the Wolves fans every chance he got...

2-24510_trollface-deal-with-it-troll-face-png.png

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's quietly really stepped up recently after a period where he was really questionable. Backed to being pretty solid.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ffs, this stuff’s gonna stop him from being a top keeper. He has the talent, but he needs to be ice, like Ederson and his mate Ben White, then he can go to another level
Yeah he just enjoying himself too much than needed to. But look doesn't mind abuse from opponents fans

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ffs, this stuff’s gonna stop him from being a top keeper. He has the talent, but he needs to be ice, like Ederson and his mate Ben White, then he can go to another level
I think it's fine. You have the personality you have, and as a goalkeeper you need a bit of character. Never did Mad Jens any harm.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom