• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Well you’d bring him back because you told him you were giving him a break. Though knowing Arteta Leno probably won’t be the starter going forward. Yet more dressing room disharmony on the way.
I don't think any GK has cause to moan after Wenger rested Invincible Lehmann and played Almunia. Leno can suck it up and focus on his "new adventure". Take any bad apples out of the dressing room. Most don't raise the level anyway.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don't think any GK has cause to moan after Wenger rested Invincible Lehmann and played Almunia. Leno can suck it up and focus on his "new adventure". Take any bad apples out of the dressing room. Most don't raise the level anyway.

Why is he a bad apple? The club hadn’t started extension talks with him before the end of the season and we went into the window looking for a replacement for him, but he’s a bad apple because he said in an interview he’d be open to a new adventure in the future? He was one of our most consistent performers for a couple of seasons and Arteta has ditched him quicker than he’d ditch a French U21 starlet.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Why is he a bad apple? The club hadn’t started extension talks with him before the end of the season and we went into the window looking for a replacement for him, but he’s a bad apple because he said in an interview he’d be open to a new adventure in the future? He was one of our most consistent performers for a couple of seasons and Arteta has ditched him quicker than he’d ditch a French U21 starlet.
I only called him a bad apple because you or someone else referred to potential "dressing room disharmony". I don't know if Leno will be disruptive or not but Martinez was supposedly sold partly because it was felt that he would be disruptive if forced to stay as a number 2. Bad apples is a loose term/shorthand on my part. No need to be defensive :). For the record, I've never rated Leno and we shouldn't let any player dine out on a couple of good seasons.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Jens had a poor start to 07/08, but feel we were too quick to drop him...Almunia was such a bad goalkeeper, can't believe he was our number 1 for almost 4 seasons.

Also, it would be mental to bring Leno back for Sp**s, the pressure on him would be immense.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Now that Leno has been dropped there really would be no point in taking him back in. They've invested big money in Ramsdale to be the starting keeper here so they may as well just roll with him now.

Whether he turns out to be the answer I'm still very doubtful about but Leno's time here is done.

Malky

Established Member

strange if true
Got to question Arteta's managment if there's truth to this.
What's the point of dropping Leno, bringing in Ramsdale for two games, where he could keep a clean sheet in both (hopefully) and begin to build an understanding with the defense ( unless Arteta starts chopping and changing the back 4 :facepalm: )
Only for him to bring Leno back in for arguably our biggest game of the season?

Arteta himself is obsessed with us playing out from the back, so you'd think it would be essential for our keeper and back 4 to become settled and build an understanding. Chopping and changing players, for no reason, will only make things worse.

Reactions: A_G

Malky

Established Member
I only called him a bad apple because you or someone else referred to potential "dressing room disharmony". I don't know if Leno will be disruptive or not but Martinez was supposedly sold partly because it was felt that he would be disruptive if forced to stay as a number 2. Bad apples is a loose term/shorthand on my part. No need to be defensive :). For the record, I've never rated Leno and we shouldn't let any player dine out on a couple of good seasons.
Genuinly dont think Leno has enough personality to be disruptive.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Jens had a poor start to 07/08, but feel we were too quick to drop him...Almunia was such a bad goalkeeper, can't believe he was our number 1 for almost 4 seasons.

Also, it would be mental to bring Leno back for Sp**s, the pressure on him would be immense.
His mistake against Blackburn showed his confidence was in tatters tbh, had to be done. Just a shame it was Almunia that came in, if only they'd signed a ready made GK like Igor Akinfeev who was always linked instead of Fabianski.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

His mistake against Blackburn showed his confidence was in tatters tbh, had to be done. Just a shame it was Almunia that came in, if only they'd signed a ready made GK like Igor Akinfeev who was always linked instead of Fabianski.

Where was Sebastien Frey when we needed him!

I would have brought Jens back into the starting 11 after a while, he was still a better keeper than Almunia even if he was declining...think he had quite a good Euros that summer too.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Goalkeeper situation back then was so weird. You could pick up decent keepers for peanuts but we had poverty for about 4 years

sdotzdot

Established Member
Our back 5 would have a Brazilian, German, Japanese and two British players with Leno in it, it is too all over the place.

With Ramsdale you have 3 British players, it will really help gel the defence and help the other two out, communication and understanding is so vital in defence. It is even more important when the back line is new and not used to playing together.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I think people are fed up with Leno that's why everyone is bigging up Ramsdale.

I have to agree with @OnlyOne here. He hasn't been really tested yet so let's calm down a bit. I do truly hope he becomes elite though, his value will skyrocket!
I hate Leno since they picked him over Emi. Ridiculous decision at the time and even more so now.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

pGcdE1oguQu7jXzyL6Y59ggBH-UNPfRfURNZK0N88nzeg4-LOB-mUB8B6qg0Q2bv6R04_lOi4xoXH1OHxYtdYKKVrjX1z0NTj1ToWO3aWC0uoyks0YQ-kjI-NMtzzxnnBmn1V9-M_c4xvUzA9sgnEnhh4s_V8ae1IAA

But seriously, I actually like that, I was a bit worried that Leno was starting to drift but I want the competition to light a fire under his a*s.

If the players are playing to their max potential even if they leave, and Leno may very well do, it atleast means that we'll get a better fee, then again with the way we're moving it seems like we'd manage to sell Bitcoin for 2012 prices so maybe it doesn't matter so much lol.

Reactions: A_G
Top Bottom