• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’m reserving judgement on Ramsdale until we play a team that’s not either at the bottom of the league or broken. Let’s see him in a good ol‘ mid table scrap and then we’ll know. So far, so good though.
At the end of the day the most important stat for him will be his xG prevented or even better his post-shot xG prevented. That’s a true measure of how good a shot stopper he is which ultimately is still the most important thing.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

At the end of the day the most important stat for him will be his xG prevented or even better his post-shot xG prevented. That’s a true measure of how good a shot stopper he is which ultimately is still the most important thing.
Statman Dave in this video says Ramsdale has in this season prevented 0.9 expected goals vs Leno's -0.66.

It's not a big sample size, but again shows that Arteta has to start Ramsdale until he makes some mistakes.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we can't support this bloke now over Leno then I don't know what will. This bloke has all my confidence over him. Leno can complain all he wants, I don't care but Ramsdale tends to have so mich self confidence within himself & our other back 4 which is what is well needed in the GK industry. He's also impressed me a fair bit with a few of his saves his made so far.

drippin

If we can't support this bloke now over Leno then I don't know what will. This bloke has all my confidence over him. Leno can complain all he wants, I don't care but Ramsdale tends to have so mich self confidence within himself & our other back 4 which is what is well needed in the GK industry. He's also impressed me a fair bit with a few of his saves his made so far.
Has he complained? Of course he is not happy, but any GK would not be if he is not playing. That's the mentality needed.

Leno has been a good servant to the club and should be respected in that, no need to bash the other.

A club like Arsenal needs two great goalkeepers, and if some GK is not okay with that, they need to be sold, like Martinez.

Melquiades

Mendy has been better than I thought, but if we just compare the transfer fees and Ramsdale can keep his performances up, we can see how cheap Ramsdale was.

I just quote Transfermarkt fees now, but Mendy cost 24 million euros according to them, and Ramsdale 28 million euros. Ramsdale is 6 years younger and HG, with possibility to be England number one, one day.

I was always baffled how people thought Ramsdale was very expensive. Maybe it's a combination on how they thought he is a bad keeper, and that relegation teams always sell cheap?

But the times have changed, and without a relegation clause a player with 3 years in contract will cost a lot, when a PL place is worth so much. Now it looks like Ramsdale was a bargain. But let's not go over the top yet.

I think two things are in play here.

1) A lot of fans simply haven't adjusted to the inflation in transfer prices and are still living in 10 or 20 years ago when a Robert Pires cost 6 million.

2) I think a lot of supporters have a snobbish attitude towards buying players from teams they consider 'beneath us'. Doubly so because Wenger basically never bought established players from English teams.

Ramsdale basically cost what we sold Joe Willock for. If you think of it as a NA-sports style trade of Willock for Ramsdale ... holy hell that seems terrific.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Ramsdale basically cost what we sold Joe Willock for. If you think of it as a NA-sports style trade of Willock for Ramsdale ... holy hell that seems terrific.

I was one of those who was in favour of Ramsdale, but to be fair this "trade" wasn't anywhere near as clear cut at the time. Willock had just broken a PL goal record at age 21. I still personally think that he will come good but can't argue that right now it's all looking like good business.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Has he complained? Of course he is not happy, but any GK would not be if he is not playing. That's the mentality needed.

Leno has been a good servant to the club and should be respected in that, no need to bash the other.

A club like Arsenal needs two great goalkeepers, and if some GK is not okay with that, they need to be sold, like Martinez.
Yeah Leno has been here for a few years now but GK's have to accept they are not always going to be #1. Leno has to accept he is not going to be #1 anymore unless you think he is still going to be. If we get some good cash for him in January then I'd be happy to let him go.

He has been here for a number of years yes, thanks to him but hardly anyone can stay here for their entire careers. Their comes a time when players have to accept their club careers are finished.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Probably our MOTM. He's starting to grow on me.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Ha that chance at the end there with Maupay seeing his name up in light and Ramsdale's hand came in :thumbsup::clap:

Did well to get back up and not let his concentration go after getting walloped by Duffy's elbow. Speaking of which Duffy should've been off for that one.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
regardless of how meh we were today, you feel this draw might've been a loss if not for him...

A game like today needs someone decisive and with a good shout on him. Think him, Gabriel and White could become something.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Man is saving us from defeats.

While you have people like **** face @Riou calling him ugly, this forum...

drippin

Man is saving us from defeats.

While you have people like **** face @Riou calling him ugly, this forum...
I told you that this forum probably rates him based on his relegation teams and beauty standards, even before you called him ugly.

Who is that Riou guy, sounds awful.

Anyway, he had some shaky moments but came back again.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Funny despite facing 20 shots the only time he was in danger when dropped the ball. He wasn't that bothered.

drippin

Funny despite facing 20 shots the only time he was in danger when dropped the ball. He wasn't that bothered.
Tbh, that was a tough ball, fast and upward spin on it and rainy weather.

Basically he had to bounce it off the floor back to his hands, which was a bit of a mistake with the opponent coming in.

But otherwise he would have had to fist the ball imo, or try to keep it with likely difficulties. I think it should have been a yellow as it looked like controlling the ball, but a tough call.

Moss was pretty good today, a couple small 50/60 (Nykänen reference) decisions going against Arsenal, but probably the other way around too.

Melquiades

Struggled on high balls a couple of times. People would have sent death threats to Leno for that.

Considering the conditions - a torrential rainstorm with howling wind where you could see high balls bending all over the place - I thought he actually did really well. Games like this are hell for keepers.

On the other hand, I didn't think his distribution and play from the back was nearly as good as in previous games.

Pulp

Thought he had a great match again. Not perfect, but I really like the attitude he brings in the defence. While Leno felt more like a keeper who showed up to work and did his best, Ramsdale really puts his heart into it. The slight bit of madness is a bonus as well.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He dropped the ball and caused panic but after that he instilled calm, confidence and authority. His distribution was a bit off but then so we're all our passes as we failed yo cope with the bad weather. That interception at the end was match winning level. Its another clean sheet too. The spirit of Seaman is strong in this one-so far.

Top Bottom