• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Ramsdale has not proven to be an improvement on Leno. Just imagine we'd kept martinez. We can't keep indiscriminately discarding players and replacing them. It's not sustainable especially for a club like ours with finite resources.
I'm willing to give him a bit of rope just because the biggest dropoff came following an injury and I'm sure that an oblique that isn't 100% can affect not just your mechanics but your confidence. That said, I think all of the concerns over how he ended the year are valid and if he begins the new season in the same manner then we have yet another real problem.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

He is in some departments to be fair. His distribution surprised me for example and whilst he's not the hulk, he goes for every corner at least. The things I don't like about him are literally nitpicks but he is young and it's expected.

Martinez is a b*m sorry, I remember when A-M used to cry about him everyday lol, then they had to stop because he was embarrassing himself.
Personally, I'll take Martinez over Ramsdale. Apart from distribution the latter has nothing on Martinez and Leno. Also I think he's a massive phony. He's just trying to play up his image to the fans.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Personally, I'll take Martinez over Ramsdale. Apart from distribution the latter has nothing on Martinez and Leno. Also I think he's a massive phony. He's just trying to play up his image to the fans.
Fair enough.

His SU stint put me off initially, but looking at his time with Bournemouth and his first season at Arsenal I think he's a fine enough keeper and will only get better if his mind is right.

I used to complain all the time we didn't make enough prem signings and now we have, a borderline English international to boot as well, so I want to give him a chance.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Personally think his composure could be a real issue, unless those working with him can keep a lid on it.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I haven’t really seen anybody say bin him tbf. Personally, it was a bit of an unnecessary signing as we had Leno. I think the club probably shouldn’t have rushed into signing a GK as if José Sá builds on his first season stats and performs even better next season, I’m sure a lot of top teams will be circling.

Hopefully Ramsdale proves me wrong next season but the stats aren’t looking promising.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
He's become a bit of a Gooner like Woj. Less heart and more head should even him out. This season has been a very steep learning curve that he'll be relieved to have passed for the most part.
Problem is he doesn’t seem to have much between the ears. His comments in podcasts demonstrate this.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I haven’t really seen anybody say bin him tbf. Personally, it was a bit of an unnecessary signing as we had Leno. I think the club probably shouldn’t have rushed into signing a GK as if José Sá builds on his first season stats and performs even better next season, I’m sure a lot of top teams will be circling.

Hopefully Ramsdale proves me wrong next season but the stats aren’t looking promising.
Exactly, he's certainly a good keeper if he can keep his head at the same time. My point is that it was all a bit unnecessary, we had Martinez and Leno, there are other areas that needed money, like midfield. Lokonga was a cheap back up that didn't pay off. Priorities.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Exactly, he's certainly a good keeper if he can keep his head at the same time. My point is that it was all a bit unnecessary, we had Martinez and Leno, there are other areas that needed money, like midfield. Lokonga was a cheap back up that didn't pay off. Priorities.

Yeah, that’s why I won’t be jumping to any conclusions this early in career tbf as he can definitely improve next season. The club’s priorities have been all over the place for a while now and I actually tried to make that point many times last season especially regarding Lokonga but the Drippin Squad tried to tell me otherwise. There was absolutely no need for that signing when we could have strengthen the midfield properly rather than focus on someone who will potentially turn good in 2026.

On the José Sá point, he definitely looks like an upgrade that a team like Utd should be making. He does a lot of those saves with his feet like what De Gea was doing at his best:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
People still pining for that **** Martinez. :lol:
Not pining but just wondering how we might have done better. I feel we might have sold Leno for more than the £10m we'll be lucky to get now. Emi might have continued his good form here and mentored Ramsdale. With Emi now an International, even if he'd tailed off, we'd be no worse financially at least. Sliding doors and all that.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Poor comments from him regarding finishing 5th but not necessarily his fault either as the players will all be singing off the same hymn sheet. From the outside looking in it doesn't appear to me there's anyone in that dressing room who will be demanding higher standards from a results point but who knows?

On the pitch I think he had a really solid, at times great, first season. Definitely surprised me after what I'd seen of him previously. Didn't think he would be able to raise his level anywhere near enough. Tailed off towards the end, as did the rest of the team, but I don't see it being a position we need to worry about going forward. Likeable lad as well.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I understand the concept of buying a new keeper because we supposedly wanted someone who’s good with their feet.

Hugely important to a lot of managers now and even guys like De Gea aren’t as valued at bigger clubs as poorer shot stoppers like say Ederson because they’re far worse with their feet.

Its one of the quirks of the modern game along with left footed centre backs and crossing heavy attacks which is supposedly supported by their high level analytics.

I didn’t understand the Ramsdale signing at the time because of his pretty mediocre save numbers but his footwork is very good.

These days you either have to be an elite shot stopper like say Courtois or De Gea if you can’t play it out from the back, and neither Leno or Emi are on that level.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I understand the concept of buying a new keeper because we supposedly wanted someone who’s good with their feet.

Hugely important to a lot of managers now and even guys like De Gea aren’t as valued at bigger clubs as poorer shot stoppers like say Ederson because they’re far worse with their feet.

Its one of the quirks of the modern game along with left footed centre backs and crossing heavy attacks which is supposedly supported by their high level analytics.

I didn’t understand the Ramsdale signing at the time because of his pretty mediocre save numbers but his footwork is very good.

These days you either have to be an elite shot stopper like say Courtois or De Gea if you can’t play it out from the back, and neither Leno or Emi are on that level.
I think that's my main issue with him, I don't think he'll ever be anything above average as a shot stopper so I didn't mind him getting beaten at the corner or the odd slow reaction too much. But my biggest concern is how his distribution went to **** towards the end of the season. If he doesn't have his distribution then he's a nothing keeper.

I think we might have missed a trick not going for Arteta's original target Raya though, possibly best in the league with the ball at his feet.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think that's my main issue with him, I don't think he'll ever be anything above average as a shot stopper so I didn't mind him getting beaten at the corner or the odd slow reaction too much. But my biggest concern is how his distribution went to **** towards the end of the season. If he doesn't have his distribution then he's a nothing keeper.

I think we might have missed a trick not going for Arteta's original target Raya though, possibly best in the league with the ball at his feet.

Yeah I agree he looked a lot worse distribution wise end of the year.

Key to me is he has got that early season passing in his locker so hopefully he’ll become more consistent with time.

I don’t know if Ramsdale will ever be a world class keeper but I don’t hate the club’s thinking on trying to move on from Leno and Emi, solid as they are.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It’s not his shot stopping that bothers me so much though, it’s his mad rushing out and thrashing about at corners like an adrenaline fuelled junky.

Top Bottom