• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

Haphazard

Probably in part because the team has been playing with its backup fullbacks for 2 months and it's starting CBs are worse than Luiz and Mustafi were. He's been poor since his injury yes and he was absolutely horrific against Newcastle but it's not like he's been leaking in Karius level goals. He's been letting in high percentage chances that are being gifted by a shaky defense. There's very few keepers about who would have saved most of what he's let in, that's just reality. Give him the City or Liverpool back 4 and he'd have more clean sheets.
While I agree a better back 4 always helps many of the goals he conceded were avoidable. Further his distribution from the back has become worse and he generally seems nervy in high pressure environments which is the last thing you want.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
While I agree a better back 4 always helps many of the goals he conceded were avoidable. Further his distribution from the back has become worse and he generally seems nervy in high pressure environments which is the last thing you want.
Agreed but I tend to think a drop in form that follows an injury as well as other extenuating circumstances such as a changed back 4 is more excusable than if you're just perpetually sh*t like say Mustafi.

TinFish

Think he will be fine next season. He's been a bit wobbly but he was great at the start of the season. Squad depth should sort this out.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

He's had dodgy moments but overall I've got to say that I like Ramsdale, albeit Leno wasn't such a problem area in my mind but that's another discussion.

I do agree that sometimes he needs to chill and it worries me slightly seeing how the pressure got to him at St. James' Park, that said it's something you'll hope he gets better at, especially as a young keeper.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Was it @Trilly who said he was worried about him next season? He had a decent few months right at the start but overall his first season has been pretty underwhelming. I’m convinced there really isn’t much between Ramsdale and Leno tbh.

Him and Emi Martinez are seriously underperforming despite their teams limiting shots on goal. Look at Jose Sa in comparison, he’s been a fantastic signing. Wolves only signed him for €8m and he’s been one of the signings of the season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Was it @Trilly who said he was worried about him next season? He had a decent few months right at the start but overall his first season has been pretty underwhelming. I’m convinced there really isn’t much between Ramsdale and Leno tbh.

Him and Emi Martinez are seriously underperforming despite their teams limiting shots on goal. Look at Jose Sa in comparison, he’s been a fantastic signing. Wolves only signed him for €8m and he’s been one of the signings of the season.
This is one of those where I genuinely hope he proves me wrong but I’m expecting a disaster class next season based on current trajectory.

He started off very well, was statistically overperforming but within a few months he had regressed all the way back to slight underperformance. I hadn’t checked since then but now seems he’s continued that and finished the season quite badly in that regard.

What’s worrying is that post-shot xG doesn’t have the same shortcomings as xG, if you’re goalkeeper is allowing more goals than the post shot xG he’s faced it simply means he’s a crap shot stopper. Needs to just calm down and focus on his goalkeeping.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Wow worrying statistics, I knew he dropped off after the first couple of months but he was almost the worst shot stopper in the league based on this. I think his passing out has also dropped off massively as the season progressed. Fans are still making out he is one of the best keepers in the league because he interacts with the crowd.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This is one of those where I genuinely hope he proves me wrong but I’m expecting a disaster class next season based on current trajectory.

He started off very well, was statistically overperforming but within a few months he had regressed all the way back to slight underperformance. I hadn’t checked since then but now seems he’s continued that and finished the season quite badly in that regard.

What’s worrying is that post-shot xG doesn’t have the same shortcomings as xG, if you’re goalkeeper is allowing more goals than the post shot xG he’s faced it simply means he’s a crap shot stopper. Needs to just calm down and focus on his goalkeeping.

That sounds really concerning as shot stopping is the basics for a goalkeeper and doesn’t reassure me going into next season especially when we’ve limited the amount of shots on goal as a team. In terms of post shot xG it would be interesting to see whether Ederson’s shot stopping is usually that low or if he’s dropped off this season as he’s in the same quadrant as Ramsdale, Martinez and Guaita.

The thing is with Ramsdale, I don’t really see a significant improvement on Leno considering the fee we spent on him when you take into account those stats and his general performance this season. Like you said, he’ll have to step it up significantly next season if he wants to live up to the price tag we paid for him, the same goes for Ben White too.

Malky

Established Member
Wow, that graph that @2Smokeyy posted just backs up what I originally suspected.. Ramsdale is a clown who had a 4 month " purple patch " that had everyone fooled.
This kid is getting a free run at the number one shirt next season. :shivering:
Also funny as **** seeing AM's golden boy, Martinez, also in the clown area. :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This is depressing. Not making excuses but what are the stats before and after Ramsdale's injury and very quick recovery? It's a major concern if there's little difference

albino

And you are what!!! Goalie coach have the ears of people in the know or just some other keyboard warrior who never watches him live! Prefer to listen to qualified people instead of **** ends sprouting ****e against young talented players! But hey bet you be in the queue for his gloves or shirt i bet

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This is depressing. Not making excuses but what are the stats before and after Ramsdale's injury and very quick recovery? It's a major concern if there's little difference

I don’t have the stats, maybe @Trilly does but before his injury, I’m sure it was a lot better than what I posted above. The drop off came in the second half of the season but it does make me wonder whether he was out to prove a point right from the start as he wanted to nail down his position and prove our fans wrong that he wasn’t what some were suggesting during the summer.

Hard to know but I’m sure we’ll know a lot more next season but the drop off is concerning.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Best peforming keeper in the league this season, should be PFA team of year in my opinion.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Best peforming keeper in the league this season, should be PFA team of year in my opinion.
How can you justify that when you see the shot stopping stats - he lets in way more goals than he should. He doesnt save penalties. His passing has declined as the season continued; he has lacked confidence and takes some massive risks. You can't get in PFA team based on passion and a couple of world class saves alone.

Haphazard

He will be found out next season badly, still can't believe the club decided to spend 30m on a Keeper that's is not an improvement on Leno instead of spending on much needed areas like midfield and attack.

• Goal
Reactions: Kav

Latest posts+

Top Bottom