• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
How can you justify that when you see the shot stopping stats - he lets in way more goals than he should. He doesnt save penalties. His passing has declined as the season continued; he has lacked confidence and takes some massive risks. You can't get in PFA team based on passion and a couple of world class saves alone.

Outstanding first half season and I do mean Outstanding. Saved us so many points with his top quality highlight reel saves in which in a lot of cases he had no right to be making. Second half season although not amazing as he was in first half season, he was still good.

This all with the likes of a error prone flop in Ben White and CMs that don't provide much defensive protection Infront of him.

It's clearly best season performance from a GK for us since Lehmann ( even better than Chesney's Golden glove season).

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

That sounds really concerning as shot stopping is the basics for a goalkeeper and doesn’t reassure me going into next season especially when we’ve limited the amount of shots on goal as a team. In terms of post shot xG it would be interesting to see whether Ederson’s shot stopping is usually that low or if he’s dropped off this season as he’s in the same quadrant as Ramsdale, Martinez and Guaita.

The thing is with Ramsdale, I don’t really see a significant improvement on Leno considering the fee we spent on him when you take into account those stats and his general performance this season. Like you said, he’ll have to step it up significantly next season if he wants to live up to the price tag we paid for him, the same goes for Ben White too.
Off the top off my head Ederson is usually slightly above average as a shot stopper but he obviously makes up for it in other areas.

I could deal with Ramsdale being a slightly below average shot stopper if his distribution hadn't disappeared either. I'll repeat before the agenda boys start crying that I hope I'm wrong but everything about this screams 'purple patch is over'.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Outstanding first half season and I do mean Outstanding. Saved us so many points with his top quality highlight reel saves in which in a lot of cases he had no right to be making. Second half season although not amazing as he was in first half season, he was still good.

This all with the likes of a error prone flop in Ben White and CMs that don't provide much defensive protection Infront of him.

It's clearly best season performance from a GK for us since Lehmann ( even better than Chesney's Golden glove season).
Agree with this. I'm still of the opinion his effectiveness dropped when Partey left with injury, our LB/RB positions were dire, and our central defenders were inconsistent due to rotating in and out from injuries.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

And you are what!!! Goalie coach have the ears of people in the know or just some other keyboard warrior who never watches him live! Prefer to listen to qualified people instead of **** ends sprouting ****e against young talented players! But hey bet you be in the queue for his gloves or shirt i bet
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Agree with this. I'm still of the opinion his effectiveness dropped when Partey left with injury, our LB/RB positions were dire, and our central defenders were inconsistent due to rotating in and out from injuries.
His shot stopping should be independent of all of that though.

Reactions: Kav

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is not better keeper than Leno. But he is good for our image being young and English. Having young English players actually protect us from being absolutely destroyed by media

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Typical knee jerking on this thread, good to see. All the posters who were wrong originally about Ramsdale being cr@p are now queuing up to tell everyone that they were right after a dip in form. He's 23 people - maybe give him a bit of a chance eh?

Meanwhile, Onana manages 500 minutes in the Eredevisie...

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Lmao, what was he doing for their goal?
He has done it a lot this season. I can remember a similar goal we conceded to Brentford at the Emirates.

Ramsdale panics when the ball is in the area and the opposition look to get a shot away, rather than making himself big / hard to beat. Allison has this down to a tee.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
As has been said, he has just turned 24, nothing for a keeper...it's not crazy to think he can improve, ffs :lol:

After the first half of the season he had, he deserves our support.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Typical knee jerking on this thread, good to see. All the posters who were wrong originally about Ramsdale being cr@p are now queuing up to tell everyone that they were right after a dip in form. He's 23 people - maybe give him a bit of a chance eh?

Meanwhile, Onana manages 500 minutes in the Eredevisie...

Not sure who this indirect at because it definitely ain’t for me 🤣🤣

giphy-downsized-large.gif

If we’re being honest, that second part isn’t true. 99.7% of the forum didn’t want him and were saying he wasn’t good enough for Arsenal, so I think it’s a little unfair to try and pin that on a certain group of posters. Off the top of my head, I only really remember HairSpray defending the signing.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

And you are what!!! Goalie coach have the ears of people in the know or just some other keyboard warrior who never watches him live! Prefer to listen to qualified people instead of **** ends sprouting ****e against young talented players! But hey bet you be in the queue for his gloves or shirt i bet

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

As has been said, he has just turned 24, nothing for a keeper...it's not crazy to think he can improve, ffs :lol:

After the first half of the season he had, he deserves our support.

Who said anything about him not improving? I’m confused here.

🤔

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Love this lads attitude. Think he's maybe a tad overrated as a keeper right now but he's good and young, loads of room to improve and he seems like the exact type of character you've been desperately wanting in the squad for years now.

24 for a keeper is like 20 for a striker in terms of development. You rely a lot less on physical attributes and you won't find a position where match experience develops your game more than GK. Worth having in mind when discussing where he is right now. He's easily good enough to keep his spot in the team, he ticks a very important box in terms of squad registration and all reports point to him being an amazing person to have in the squad personality wise.

In other words, there are very few teams below you in the table where he wouldn't start. Considering he's 24, that's pretty damn good.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Not sure who this indirect at because it definitely ain’t for me 🤣🤣

giphy-downsized-large.gif

If we’re being honest, that second part isn’t true. 99.7% of the forum didn’t want him and were saying he wasn’t good enough for Arsenal, so I think it’s a little unfair to try and pin that on a certain group of posters. Off the top of my head, I only really remember HairSpray defending the signing.
You must have a guilty conscience if you're calling yourself out. No idea who did or didn't want him at the outset but yeah there was a lot of nonsense getting posted (Hairspray wasn't the only defender either - @tcahill for example as well).

Just find it a bit tedious when the pendulum swings. It wasn't aimed at a particular poster - you can read up the thread if you like but suddenly Ramsdale's passion is a problem (because people have got bored of it) or whatever.

Incidentally if you take his performances over the season he's got the best PSxG/ SoT* of any keeper in the league at 0.24. Arguably that's the most important goalkeeping stat showing saves against quality of shots. Not too bad in his debut season with us for a young goalie.

*(Post-Shot expected goals per Shot on Target)

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You must have a guilty conscience if you're calling yourself out. No idea who did or didn't want him at the outset but yeah there was a lot of nonsense getting posted (Hairspray wasn't the only defender either - @tcahill for example as well).

Just find it a bit tedious when the pendulum swings. It wasn't aimed at a particular poster - you can read up the thread if you like but suddenly Ramsdale's passion is a problem (because people have got bored of it) or whatever.

No guilt since I didn’t heavily criticise him, my posts were pretty fair, balanced and constructive assessing his post shot xG stats without going overboard. I was just slightly curious who the indirect was for as it seems a common theme on here nowadays.

My initial point was, I could probably count in one hand the amount of people defending him when we were first linked, so I just found that part irrelevant since the majority of A-M was in the mud after those first few months. As I mentioned on the previous page, it will be interesting to see how next season pans out for him and whether he’ll be able to take his game to the next level.

Incidentally if you take his performances over the season he's got the best PSxG/ SoT* of any keeper in the league at 0.24. Arguably that's the most important goalkeeping stat showing saves against quality of shots. Not too bad in his debut season with us for a young goalie.

*(Post-Shot expected goals per Shot on Target)

Have you got a link for that? Would be interested to see what the likes of Alisson, Mendy and José Sá have on there.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We're at a weird stage where our fanbase cares a lot about stuff that has nothing to do with actually being good at football. Don't know if it's some kind of collective trauma response. :lol:
Yeah its because of our past were we bring in players who don't really give a **** about the club apart from their paycheck and living in London. I like Ramsdale's personality and attitude too, and I do feel there is a better mentality forming in the club overall. But performances can't be ignored and those stats that were shown indicate he has been just about the worse shot stopper in the league.
One thing I do worry about Arteta is that he is so focused upon culture reform that he does it at the expense of talent. We will buy players who have the mentality to take us back to the top but not quite the ability.

Haphazard

Any mentally strong and good player will have a big ego. Arteta has convinced people that the only people fit to play for Arsenal are good little boys that never go against the manager irrespective of their actual footballing ability.

The whole culture reset is utter BS anyway, these players are mentally fragile and have average talent.

Top Bottom