• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

6666Louis

He’s a extremely gifted overconfident perfectionist who aims for the stars

He’s extremely eager to do well. A bit too eager at this point.

He tries catch stuff other keepers would block

His distribution is ice cold and confident (incomparable with Leno, and buildup from the back was main aim for Arteta, eg Ben White)

Lately his eagerness to do better has let him down too many times, he has been nervous, but i am sure it will disappear with age. He is extremely ambitious and eager to learn, and will be our starting keeper for years to come

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
And you are what!!! Goalie coach have the ears of people in the know or just some other keyboard warrior who never watches him live! Prefer to listen to qualified people instead of **** ends sprouting ****e against young talented players! But hey bet you be in the queue for his gloves or shirt i bet
It’s alright, Ramsdale won’t shag you because you’re defending him on the internet.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah its because of our past were we bring in players who don't really give a **** about the club apart from their paycheck and living in London. I like Ramsdale's personality and attitude too, and I do feel there is a better mentality forming in the club overall. But performances can't be ignored and those stats that were shown indicate he has been just about the worse shot stopper in the league.
One thing I do worry about Arteta is that he is so focused upon culture reform that he does it at the expense of talent. We will buy players who have the mentality to take us back to the top but not quite the ability.
This means that we will never get back to the top. You can instill mentality but a clogger and plodder can't do much even at their max.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
My initial point was, I could probably count in
Have you got a link for that? Would be interested to see what the likes of Alisson, Mendy and José Sá have on there.
I'm going to put my hands up and admit that I totally ballsed this up (statistically speaking). He was actually below average at shot stopping last season although there are hints of other strengths in the numbers.

Ramsdale does have the lowest PSxG/SoT at 0.24 but what that actually means is that he faced the easiest shots in the league (ie. shots with a low average - 24% chance of a goal). This means that as a team we were limiting chances to less dangerous areas but it doesn't reflect well on him particularly as a shot stopper. His save% is decent but mid table at around 72%...but his xG +/- is negative which is bad basically and ranks him well down in the keeper list (very close to Mendy weirdly who was also flying at the start of the season).

It's tricky with keepers because you could argue that his organisation contributed to the low shot quality that he faced - but that's complete conjecture, obviously. The other area of his numbers that stands out is "Outside Penalty Area" actions - basically sweeper keeping where he's ranked 5th overall.

I'll post the link and you can mess about with the all the stats easily enough -

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
The **** is up with the age excuses? Seen both him and Ben White having that used in their defense. You'd think they were 18. No one is claiming they are in their prime, but they sure aren't young enough to be hiding behind inexperience as an excuse. Sczensney won golden glove at around the same age.

Typical knee jerking on this thread, good to see. All the posters who were wrong originally about Ramsdale being cr@p are now queuing up to tell everyone that they were right after a dip in form. He's 23 people - maybe give him a bit of a chance eh?

Meanwhile, Onana manages 500 minutes in the Eredevisie...
Hard to take you seriously when you randomly bring up Onana's playing situation which has to do with his contract situation. Don't worry about Onana, he'll be playing at a CL club while us and Aaron will be fighting to qualify for Conference league.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The **** is up with the age excuses? Seen both him and Ben White having that used in their defense. You'd think they were 18. No one is claiming they are in their prime, but they sure aren't young enough to be hiding behind inexperience as an excuse. Sczensney won golden glove at around the same age.

Hard to take you seriously when you randomly bring up Onana's playing situation which has to do with his contract situation. Don't worry about Onana, he'll be playing at a CL club while us and Aaron will be fighting to qualify for Conference league.
You can take both age and performance levels together can't you? Ramsdale is both a young keeper and a keeper performing (mostly) to a high level. It is a relevant point because it indicates the trajectory of the squad and indicates that his own performances will improve further with experience. Golden glove (ie. most clean sheets) is a very, very crude measure of goal keepers by the way. I think what you mean is you don't rate Ramsdale (or White by the sounds of it).

Your second paragraph sounds so bitter about Arsenal - makes me sad to read it to be honest.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Spending 80m on him and White was a massive mistake. Both are not world class and probably will never be. They're are ego signings. We didn't need them the manager brought them in to replace the players he didn't like.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Spending 80m on him and White was a massive mistake. Both are not world class and probably will never be. They're are ego signings. We didn't need them the manager brought them in to replace the players he didn't like.

🤣🤣🤣

We over paid but both could easily be top players.

‘ego signings’ 😅

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm going to put my hands up and admit that I totally ballsed this up (statistically speaking). He was actually below average at shot stopping last season although there are hints of other strengths in the numbers.

Ramsdale does have the lowest PSxG/SoT at 0.24 but what that actually means is that he faced the easiest shots in the league (ie. shots with a low average - 24% chance of a goal). This means that as a team we were limiting chances to less dangerous areas but it doesn't reflect well on him particularly as a shot stopper. His save% is decent but mid table at around 72%...but his xG +/- is negative which is bad basically and ranks him well down in the keeper list (very close to Mendy weirdly who was also flying at the start of the season).

It's tricky with keepers because you could argue that his organisation contributed to the low shot quality that he faced - but that's complete conjecture, obviously. The other area of his numbers that stands out is "Outside Penalty Area" actions - basically sweeper keeping where he's ranked 5th overall.

I'll post the link and you can mess about with the all the stats easily enough -

Yeah I was about to call you tf out. :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
🤣🤣🤣

We over paid but both could easily be top players.

‘ego signings’ 😅
Yeah. They're. You can't even definitely say they're better than both their predecessors (Saliba, in the case of White).

What have they shown to actually shown to actually convince you're they'll "easily be top players?"
If you're actually replacing Saliba and Leno, then you replace them with proven quality not with another potential. Then you also have the likes of Lokonga, these guys aren't better than the guys they came to replace, it's more of a case of the manager trying to get rid of certain characters.

Like I said, white and Ramsdale are average.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
He's still very young for a goalkeeper. Suddenly has to deal with the pressure of playing for a big club, unlike anything he experienced at Sheffield/Bournemouth. Very shaky in the second half of the season, but I do think he has the mentality to overcome this. I love his personality and the fight that he brings into the team.

I think we'll see a more consistent Ramsdale next season.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Yeah. They're. You can't even definitely say they're better than both their predecessors (Saliba, in the case of White).

What have they shown to actually shown to actually convince you're they'll "easily be top players?"
If you're actually replacing Saliba and Leno, then you replace them with proven quality not with another potential. Then you also have the likes of Lokonga, these guys aren't better than the guys they came to replace, it's more of a case of the manager trying to get rid of certain characters.

Like I said, white and Ramsdale are average.

Disagree with most of this.

I’m not saying they’ll be world class VVD Allison level, but both are young in their retrospective positions and personally I’ve seen enough that they have time and the assets to develop into top players comfortably. Whether that’s at Arsenal remains to be seen.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Also I’m not Ramsdales biggest fan but he’s got qualities we need in a keeper and like others he can definitely improve.

I rated Leno loads tbh but I can see why we’ve persisted with Rambo over him. Leno is a much better shot stopper but you’re looking at a guy in his prime.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Also I’m not Ramsdales biggest fan but he’s got qualities we need in a keeper and like others he can definitely improve.

I rated Leno loads tbh but I can see why we’ve persisted with Rambo over him. Leno is a much better shot stopper but you’re looking at a guy in his prime.

I’ll be honest, to this day I’m still a bit more confused with the Ben White signing than this one. We’ve got a really talented young CB in Saliba that a lot of clubs around Europe would be keen on if he’s on the market but Teta opted to freeze him out and spend 50m in an area that wasn’t a priority last summer.

Can see we still haven’t learnt from our mistakes as we’re being rumoured to be keen on another CB in this window. The priorities at the club are all over the place.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Maybe at Sheffield United (where you belong) but not at one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

Why should Ramsdale have an idea what a successful season is? That should be instilled by the board and manager and it’s clear 4th wasn’t it. Ramsdale doesn’t know what it means to play for Arsenal he’s only been here one season. Let’s see his answer next year.

Top Bottom