• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Why are we bashing Ramsdale now? A bad game against Hungary? Every goalkeeper will have games when they look less than stellar. Donnarumma let in 5 against Germany and not all of them looked unstoppable. Guess he is **** too now... :facepalm:
I was thinking this as well tbf. Judging players on one international game makes no sense at all. F365 had Ramsdale as England's MOTM for the game before just to illustrate that point.

That said, I do agree that his consistency is a bit of a concern. It's not just this season either, the season before we bought him he was amazing for 2/3 of the season and terrible for 1/3. He has a lot of quality attributes - leadership and organisation, fast off his line, distribution, shot-stopping - when he's on his game. If he improves his consistency then he should realise his potential.

All the people piling into him now hated Leno anyway, it's just typical fickle fanbase syndrome. He's better than Leno imo. Not by much right now, but definitely has a higher ceiling.

Kav

Established Member
I was thinking this as well tbf. Judging players on one international game makes no sense at all. F365 had Ramsdale as England's MOTM for the game before just to illustrate that point.

That said, I do agree that his consistency is a bit of a concern. It's not just this season either, the season before we bought him he was amazing for 2/3 of the season and terrible for 1/3. He has a lot of quality attributes - leadership and organisation, fast off his line, distribution, shot-stopping - when he's on his game. If he improves his consistency then he should realise his potential.

All the people piling into him now hated Leno anyway, it's just typical fickle fanbase syndrome. He's better than Leno imo. Not by much right now, but definitely has a higher ceiling.
No one is judging him on a single game. He’s had his issues since February. These concerns are not new.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why are we bashing Ramsdale now? A bad game against Hungary? Every goalkeeper will have games when they look less than stellar. Donnarumma let in 5 against Germany and not all of them looked unstoppable. Guess he is **** too now... :facepalm:
You have a knack of twisting people’s posts. It’s like a talent.

Who’s judging him on one single game? His last few games were pretty poor, some awful loose passes and his rushing around was headless. That tackle in Bowen could easily have been red.
KP4E3W9ehZYZwdoNkvuRuW-1024-80.jpg.webp

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
People complaining at Ramsdale getting criticism should learn the lesson from him and realize just clapping like a seal is not enough to cut it

The only difference is that unfortunately there is no Pickford on the sidelines to upgrade on you. Which is why some fans feel nervous with him on the upcoming season, the most likely scenario is that Turner is not an upgrade either.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
His head can go when he concedes and that’s a concern. He has excellent distribution and when he’s on form can make elite saves, but after he lets a goal in he always looks susceptible to conceding another.

Chelski’s first goal when we beat them at Stamford Bridge was such a terrible one to concede. I don’t know why he readjusted so late. It’s like he was resigned to conceding before he even dived.

Entropics

Established Member

Surprised he's in the busy quadrant. I know the heart of our defence (Gabriel) was on poor form for a while but I thought one of our best things last season was restricting the attacks from our opponents

Oh wait this must be his bournemouth relegated season, right?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
This isn't a comment for or against Ramsdale's shot stopping performance last season, but just an observation -

The reason he ranks so lowly on those charts (last season, he's much higher the season before) is because he faced a high number of "easy shots" ie. shots that statistically he should have done better at saving. That's what the PSxG is showing. If you look at all shots - ie. his overall save %, then it's nowhere near as grim. He saves north of 70% of shots in total, somewhere around midtable.

I've no idea why that is - why we conceded easy shots whilst others conceded harder - or why he did so badly on them, relatively speaking. We might get a better picture next season if it keeps happening.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Surprised he's in the busy quadrant. I know the heart of our defence (Gabriel) was on poor form for a while but I thought one of our best things last season was restricting the attacks from our opponents

Oh wait this must be his bournemouth relegated season, right?
Think so, Leno is also on that graph and it would only make sense to include the no.1s

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't make sense if that overview is from 19/20 when Bournemouth got relegated. Mendy is listed on there and not Kepa for instance. It must be from this season, which is a bit scary.

Entropics

Established Member

Wouldn't make sense if that overview is from 19/20 when Bournemouth got relegated. Mendy is listed on there and not Kepa for instance. It must be from this season, which is a bit scary.

Yeah I messed up, meant Sheffield United relegation

Johnstone is there so that's WBA from 2020-21

Kav

Established Member
So can the inference be drawn that he has a tendency to let in easy goals as we have seen this season or do we not have enough of a sample to make that decision.

If it’s happened over a number of seasons it can’t be an anomaly. It’s either a tendency for him to lose concentration or habitual flaws in technique or decision making.

Either way I know he’s capable of incredible saves and he lets in some very easy goal and what’s worrying is that he doesn’t let in a lot of howlers but he lets in the kind of goals you just expect a regular keeper to save.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
He's really had two completely different halves to the season. Up until Jan/Feb he looked like a great signing, shaky at times but with loads of promise especially distributionwise where he's in a different league to the oldschool Leno. End of the season he's gotten so bad it would've been a **** signing if he were a free agent.

All depends on which version shows up next season. Which in turn is reliant on what our GK coach does to get his confidence back up, and unfortunately Inaki Cana's body of work at Arsenal so far looks like another fraud wormed his way into the job.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

It's the anti blonde brigade prejudice on this forum. Ramsdale, Holding and Ødegaard all very underrated.

Ramsdale was absolutely sensational first half of season and good the second half season. In my opinion our best and most important player last season (although offficial fan poll he finished 3rd in the voting) due to amount of points he saved us. Best goalkeeping season peformance by Arsenal keeper since arguably Lehman going in the C/L ginal season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
DSC_5074_185cee70-d99a-4b8d-b9af-65cefc4e13cf.JPG

...praying this guy doesn't become a meme this season :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom