• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

D

Deleted member 102404

It is obvious that he is not a finished product and is going to make mistakes. My worry is that he is the undisputed no 1 and has no competition, just having Leno waiting for his chance helped to keep him focused last season. Last season showed though that he has massive potential.
He has competition. Contrary to the negativity around Turner based on pre season games in his first games for us, he is a good goalkeeper.
That said , no need for #2 discussions as Ramsdale has played 2 good games to start the season . Probably won us 2 points at least and maybe 4.

• Dislike
Reactions: Kav

Kav

Established Member
So can the inference be drawn that he has a tendency to let in easy goals as we have seen this season or do we not have enough of a sample to make that decision.

If it’s happened over a number of seasons it can’t be an anomaly. It’s either a tendency for him to lose concentration or habitual flaws in technique or decision making.

Either way I know he’s capable of incredible saves and he lets in some very easy goal and what’s worrying is that he doesn’t let in a lot of howlers but he lets in the kind of goals you just expect a regular keeper to save.
Posted this earlier in the year. If he continues with this kind of decision making then I think we will have a serious problem on our hands over time.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We need to look at alternatives soon, think he needs proper competition.

We should be going back for David Raya next summer.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He's okay but next season id get David Raya in, he was our first choice for a reason. I can just tell watching Brentford. He's a level above, so calm and just as good on the ball if not better.

We need to look at alternatives soon, think he needs proper competition.

We should be going back for David Raya next summer.

So, our solution for a possibly dodgy keeper who Inaki Cana suggested is hoping third time is a charm with him?

Tongue in cheek, but I'd steer clear from him. It's how we ended with Runnarson.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This was amazing to be fair, especially when you compare his kicking with someone like de Gea (who looks terrified every time he has the ball at his feet) really adds to our counter threat..

...he has things he can work on, but he is a very good keeper.

Also...

:lol:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bad day at the office. Decision making for the almost penalty questionable and shouldn't let in Maddisons goal

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He's okay but next season id get David Raya in, he was our first choice for a reason. I can just tell watching Brentford. He's a level above, so calm and just as good on the ball if not better.
Surprised they didn’t try to get Raya again this summer, I’m sure they will eventually.

• Applause
Reactions: A_G

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Surprised they didn’t try to get Raya again this summer, I’m sure they will eventually.

I pray to god we don't ever go for David Raya. Tbh some of that is heightism, but he'll cost a whole boatload of money and I don't think it'll be worth it.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I pray to god we don't ever go for David Raya. Tbt some of that is heightism, but he'll cost a whole boatload of money and I don't think it'll be worth it.
Don’t feel that strongly about the goal keeper position at all, I just know they’ve gone into him multiple times. He was Ramsdale before Ramsdale came.

Think he’s alright myself.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He wasn't in the second half of the season.

Ramsdale is still only 24, routine will erase the inconsistency.

He has been starting in goal for the past three seasons or so.

He just needs to keep his head down and the club needs to luck out into some sort of competition for him.

Top Bottom