• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

D

Deleted member 102404

Next time just push the guy instead of hugging him
Ref would have given a penalty if Ramsdale shoved the player out of the way.
Remember Lehman against Sp**s when we won the league at their ****hole stadium?
We have to accept that all goalkeepers are protected from that kind of obstruction except our goalkeeper. That’s the way the PGMOL rolls.

With the ball he is excellent, very good right foot that often finds its target even when pressed

On the first goal he should've covered the left space more, everyone knew that Antony was going to open his left foot

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
When Ramsdale started and most of his first season I was quite calm with him in goal. Now however everytime he comes for something or even going to make one of those passes into midfield or quick releases I have to hold my breath abit.

We have seen a few shaky moments this season. We have also seen some excellent saves but I think, like many have said, he needs to calm abit and know when to go quick and when not.

Things like miskicking balls and hitting players or kicking it into the ground is not good enough. Although him smacking Mitrovic in the face was funny. Hopefully he can land one on Kane someday.

Pop Tart

Established Member
I don't think he is ready to be number 1 for a team chasing cl football and other things.

I rate him , think he has potential but he is too rash and maybe over confident. Nothing wrong with confidence on sport but he over uses it.

Would prefer him to be the main backup and learn from are experienced older keeper.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I don't think he is ready to be number 1 for a team chasing cl football and other things.

I rate him , think he has potential but he is too rash and maybe over confident. Nothing wrong with confidence on sport but he over uses it.

Would prefer him to be the main backup and learn from are experienced older keeper.
The same criticism could be levelled at Neuer, too. You look brilliant when it comes off, and silly when it doesn't. What matters is whether your success rate justifies it, and in Ramsdale's case it's fine. His ability to play with the ball is huge for our build up, and his ability to come off his line probably saved a goal in this game.

It's actually not that easy to find the package of skills Ramsdale offers as a keeper.

Rattata

There's no Goalkeeper on the market that offers what Ramsdale does for under 40M.

There are other bigger issues in the squad namely both midfield positions and arguably the right back position.

Just need to trust Ramsdale to get back to his best and learn from his errors.

Malky

Established Member
Feel like we sign a top CM and Ramsdale starts to look like the weak link in this team.
Come the summer I wonder how much Milan would demand for Mike Maignan?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
He is very important for our build up . I don't think Turner can replace him.
He really is impressive in this aspect. Watched the game on the spanish stream here on DAZN and Nacho González and his partner were amazed by his ability on the ball, Nacho said at some point it's like he has a GPS with his passing.
With the ball he is excellent, very good right foot that often finds its target even when pressed

On the first goal he should've covered the left space more, everyone knew that Antony was going to open his left foot
Yeah, also feels like he came out tentatively. Made it way too easy on him.
The same criticism could be levelled at Neuer, too. You look brilliant when it comes off, and silly when it doesn't. What matters is whether your success rate justifies it, and in Ramsdale's case it's fine. His ability to play with the ball is huge for our build up, and his ability to come off his line probably saved a goal in this game.

It's actually not that easy to find the package of skills Ramsdale offers as a keeper.

Totally true. I'm content with him because I think he adds more value with his build-up than he takes away with his lack of shot stopping but he definitely needs to improve his shot stopping significantly, Neuer is greatly superior to me it would seem here. He had very worrying statistics when we signed him re: xG and goals conceded, and we've started to see that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There's no Goalkeeper on the market that offers what Ramsdale does for under 40M.

There are other bigger issues in the squad namely both midfield positions and arguably the right back position.

Just need to trust Ramsdale to get back to his best and learn from his errors.
He is an average goalkeeper with good distribution. Personally goalkeepers distribution is meaningless if he is as average as this guy. He always rushes forward makes it easy for strikers

Pop Tart

Established Member
He is an average goalkeeper with good distribution. Personally goalkeepers distribution is meaningless if he is as average as this guy. He always rushes forward makes it easy for strikers
he is not average, pulls out saves other keeps can only dream of. He is flawed in his rash decision making and over confident which can lead to mistakes. Is he the worlds best? no but he is not average

Top Bottom