• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I’m shocked when I saw Ramsdale has worse passing completion than de Gea. Obviously as United fans, most of us would see de Gea as someone who is liability because he can‘t keep possession when being pressed (other than him not performing in big game). All he did was just play long kick. This rises an argument about ramsdale. Is he someone that you guys will keep an eye on whether he can be relied on for long term?

If you look at the 3rd image below, Arsenal are 2nd best team in term of possession based team at home. But in the away, you are worse than United. One of the no 1 problem in our possession is that de Gea can’t play from the back which made it difficult for us to retain possession. But the fact that rasmdale has worse passing accuracy than de Gea and you have worse possession than us in away games, is ramsdale the no 1 problem of this? If you look at Steele, Allison, and Ederson, they played in possession based team and had 80% plus passing accuracy.

B1427876-BC4F-4FCC-B705-D275FDD5BBD1.jpeg

27A1F337-F146-4D8F-9259-28DFEA75E1DB.jpegA215102C-B0E1-4380-B0B9-CE8FE3106EA2.jpeg

CFB8F4F0-C605-4BC7-B774-458D71918F93.jpeg3542AD59-16F7-4C0F-B908-813B9ABCD00C.jpeg3630C427-F100-47A6-AD56-7F64267A1053.jpeg

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I’m shocked when I saw Ramsdale has worse passing completion than de Gea. Obviously as United fans, most of us would see de Gea as someone who is liability because he can‘t keep possession when being pressed (other than him not performing in big game). All he did was just play long kick. This rises an argument about ramsdale. Is he someone that you guys will keep an eye on whether he can be relied on for long term?

If you look at the 3rd image below, Arsenal are 2nd best team in term of possession based team at home. But in the away, you are worse than United. One of the no 1 problem in our possession is that de Gea can’t play from the back which made it difficult for us to retain possession. But the fact that rasmdale has worse passing accuracy than de Gea and you have worse possession than us in away games, is ramsdale the no 1 problem of this? If you look at Steele, Allison, and Ederson, they played in possession based team and had 80% plus passing accuracy.

View attachment 15613

View attachment 15614View attachment 15618

View attachment 15615View attachment 15616View attachment 15617
Us sensible fans don’t need to keep an eye on it, we know he’s rubbish.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

View attachment 15613

View attachment 15614View attachment 15618

View attachment 15615View attachment 15616View attachment 15617
You also need to look at passing completion for short/medium/long passes separately, and Ramsdale & De Gea both actually have 98+% in short and medium passes, but completely drop the ball in long passes with the 35-40% completion compared to Alisson/Ederson's 60%+ long passing.
But yeah, overall the whole passing stuff isn't looking good for Rammers :lol:

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
You also need to look at passing completion for short/medium/long passes separately, and Ramsdale & De Gea both actually have 98+% in short and medium passes, but completely drop the ball in long passes with the 35-40% completion compared to Alisson/Ederson's 60%+ long passing.
But yeah, overall the whole passing stuff isn't looking good for Rammers :lol:
Based on fbref. Rasmdale played more long passes (passes more than 40 yards) (11.80 per game) than De Gea (10.86 per game). That’s incredibly bad to be a goalkeeper in a team that wants to be possession based team.

For reference:
Allison (7.42), Steele (4.93), Ederson (7.64). In other words, a keeper in the possession based team these days shouldn’t make long passes attempted that exceed 8 per game. Anything more, it’s something needs to be improved or upgraded.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
To be fair Ramsdale is just very inconsistent with his passing, when he's in form he's as good as anyone in the league when he isn't he's awful. De Gea is constantly trash.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I’m shocked when I saw Ramsdale has worse passing completion than de Gea.

"Arsenal football club aren't interested in swapping Aaron Ramsdale for David De Gea, thank you for your offer though and good luck to you in your future endeavours"

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
To be fair Ramsdale is just very inconsistent with his passing, when he's in form he's as good as anyone in the league when he isn't he's awful. De Gea is constantly trash.
inconsistency is probably the last thing your defenders want from their GK though

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Do you think ramsdale is someone should be upgraded in your XI?

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
"Arsenal football club aren't interested in swapping Aaron Ramsdale for David De Gea, thank you for your offer though and good luck to you in your future endeavours"
The de Gea comparison is just a reference that ramsdale needs to do much much better in possession.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
inconsistency is probably the last thing your defenders want from their GK though
Yeah if we're being honest the potential to become great that he clearly has doesn't merit sitting through his troughs.

Not even so much that he can't concentrate for longer than 10 minutes, it's that he actually gives interviews telling everyone about it. Both attitude and brain are rotten here ffs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think Arteta will trust him to be our number 1 next season, as we have other targets to go for this summer...but if he has another underwhelming year, I wouldn't be shocked to see Arteta look for another keeper next summer.

Thought he was very good in 21-22 for us, but had a bit of a dip last year (minus some elite saves here and there) with Arteta in charge if he doesn't play well he will be replaced.

Saw an interview by Jens recently and he was saying how Arsène really pushed him when he had a dip midway through his second season here, dropped him for Almunia for a bit and told him he would be replaced if he didn't get back to a top level.

Jens said that really got him back to his best, we probably don't win the FA cup in 2005 and reach the Champions League final in 2006, while Lehmann himself probably doesn't end up starting for his country at the 2006 World Cup and 2008 Euros if Wenger didn't push him.

Important for Arteta to not let the players rest on their laurels either.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Saw an interview by Jens recently and he was saying how Arsène really pushed him when he had a dip midway through his second season here, dropped him for Almunia for a bit and told him he would be replaced if he didn't get back to a top level.

I remember that lol. Jens is from a different gen though, I am unsure if that approach works on Ramsdale.

I am sure they have given him some stuff to work on and he will be given this coming season like you said. If they don’t improve, then his replacement will probably come under the guise of “competition”.

Malky

Established Member
Do you think ramsdale is someone should be upgraded in your XI?
100%. The stats you brought up look really bad for Ramsdale considering his " elite " distribution was the one thing he was so highly praised for. At one point people on here thought he was better than Ederson and Allison with the ball at his feet.
In all honesty Ramsdale is no better than Pickford.
Wish list replacement is Maignan, however I'd be very happy with Raya.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
100%. The stats you brought up look really bad for Ramsdale considering his " elite " distribution was the one thing he was so highly praised for. At one point people on here thought he was better than Ederson and Allison with the ball at his feet.
In all honesty Ramsdale is no better than Pickford.
Wish list replacement is Maignan, however I'd be very happy with Raya.
Big Mike is the guy. Won the title at Lille, moved to Milan, won the title at Milan immediately. Compare that to a man with 2 relegations on his CV and it's clear who is better karma for this club.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Surprised at the comments considering how his performance vs Liverpool was apparently the best individual performance of the season for many.

Can't disagree with the stats though, it's been ages since anyone has been impressed by his distribution.

Latest posts

Top Bottom