• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale (Out)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Saudi Magpies want him, eh?

Either £45 million or...

hotfuzz-jogn-on.gif

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
We already know Edu is going to bend over and take the 15m. I thought he was turning a corner when he kicked his own son out of the club but it was probably because his son is a Brazilian who can dribble and would make the Marquinhos deal look even worse.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
£15 million won’t even cover the petrol to get him up to Newcastle these days. That would be a joke sum.

Edu better be getting more out of them. £25 million all in at the very least.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

£15 million won’t even cover the petrol to get him up to Newcastle these days. That would be a joke sum.

Edu better be getting more out of them. £25 million all in at the very least.
Edu can’t force them. All he can do is try to negotiate the price up. You either sell or have second choice keeper on 120k. And his value won’t increase after another year on the bench

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

I think we will get enough money from other sales plus prize money from the Premier League and Champions League, to not just have to sell Aaron at all costs.

We need to start being a bit tougher on players sales, imo...Newcastle desperately need a starting keeper really, Pope is ageing and all their other keepers are crap.

If they want a goalie who has just last season helped get us back into the Champions League and is above their own keeper Pope in the England pecking order, then they HAVE to pay our price...lets call their bluff, rather than letting them call ours.

Aaron Ramsdale is not a £15 million player this summer ffs, we can get much more.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The consensus on various Newcastle boards and here seems the same. £15m is cheap for Ramsdale.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think we will get enough money from other sales plus prize money from the Premier League and Champions League, to not just have to sell Aaron at all costs.

We need to start being a bit tougher on players sales, imo...Newcastle desperately need a starting keeper really, Pope is ageing and all their other keepers are crap.

If they want a goalie who has just last season helped get us back into the Champions League and is above their own keeper Pope in the England pecking order, then they HAVE to pay our price...lets call their bluff, rather than letting them call ours.

Aaron Ramsdale is not a £15 million player this summer ffs, we can get much more.
They can pay a low price if Isak or Clare Balding are coming the other way. Otherwise they pay us at least what we spent on him.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
The consensus on various Newcastle boards and here seems the same. £15m is cheap for Ramsdale.
I think £15m is very cheap.
I would hope for at least £20m + some add-ons. He is young, homegrown & decent with his feet.
He is a good keeper & will likely improve with experience & by playing.

What I will say is that the value of keepers can fall pretty quickly if not seen as the answer by their Clubs.

Look at Kepa at Chelsea £70m

Now loaned out.

Man U paid what £50m for Onana 12 months ago.
Most fans are saying he's not good enough. I don't think they will sell as they probably have more pressing needs.
But say they wanted to would they get half that money back today?

Let's play Aubamawang

Yeah, I'd rather send him on loan for a year to boost his value than sell him for such a cheap sum, especially when Newcastle would happily rinse us for £100m+ for their top players. Didn't we pay about £30m for him anyway? There's no way his value dropped that much, as he proved what he was capable of last season.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

15m is low, but don’t think for a second we’ll get more than 20. We paid like 30 for a starting goalkeeper and now we’re selling a 2nd choice after paying 30m for another starter.

No way any club would pay more than 20 under those circumstances, buying club has all the negotiating leverage here.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm happy to sell but £15m is a joke. Man City or even Liverpool would get that for a kid that's never played for them.

England International / HG, good keeper. Should be looking at £25m at least, in this market.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
15M would be an absolute joke. Only five more than we paid for a past it Petr Cech almost 10 years ago.

Hold out as long as we can. Newcastle are worse than City. At least when they want some they just drop a bag and run.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I'm happy to sell but £15m is a joke. Man City or even Liverpool would get that for a kid that's never played for them.

England International / HG, good keeper. Should be looking at £25m at least, in this market.
Thing is a Kid that's never played could be the next big thing. Aarons is now perhaps seen (probably unfairly) as not quite good enough for a top club.
You will increase value with a loan if he has a really good season. Tbf we could say the same about ESR,Eddie, Reiss or whoever, we simple can't loan everybody as we need to bring in funds.

A loan doesn't always help increase value as it did for say Willock or Balogun the player may disappoint or not play enough
See Pepe, AMN etc.
Look at this seasons loans not sure any of Nuno T, Sambi or KT for various reasons have significantly increased in value.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

A proven EPL English keeper who will continue to improve with age. Should at least be looking our money back (or a discount on Isak or another)

Let's play Aubamawang

Thing is a Kid that's never played could be the next big thing. Aarons is now perhaps seen (probably unfairly) as not quite good enough for a top club.
You will increase value with a loan if he has a really good season. Tbf we could say the same about ESR,Eddie, Reiss or whoever, we simple can't loan everybody as we need to bring in funds.

A loan doesn't always help increase value as it did for say Willock or Balogun the player may disappoint or not play enough
See Pepe, AMN etc.
Look at this seasons loans not sure any of Nuno T, Sambi or KT for various reasons have significantly increased in value.
Well that has as much to do with the idiots in charge of our loan system. They will send players to teams they think have a similar fit to our own, but totally ignore the depth the team has or set a playing time clause.

Of course, KTs situation has more to do with being a crock.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Well that has as much to do with the idiots in charge of our loan system. They will send players to teams they think have a similar fit to our own, but totally ignore the depth the team has or set a playing time clause.

Of course, KTs situation has more to do with being a crock.
Perhaps but it's always a bit of a gamble when you go on loan. All 3 have had injuries tbf. Managers or circumstances can change at clubs, You also need a bit of luck.

Maybe they haven't quite shown enough?

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 18

Arsenal’s primary focus is strengthening their midfield, with the club leaning towards adding #6 due to having more options for this position in the market [Gunnerblog]

Arsenal will continue to follow Benjamin Šeško’s progress and maintain a relationship with the player [Gunnerblog]

Monaco midfielder Aleksandr Golovin says he would be open to joining Arsenal: “But if you move, then only to top clubs. PSG, Manchester City, Real Madrid. I would also say Arsenal, because I have always had sympathy for this club.” [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom