• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

blrgooner

Established Member
I personally don’t like judging players on their personality. I try to only look at them from a footballing perspective but Aaron is so damn likeable ffs. He’s like an old school madman keeper like Lehmann but he is also a modern twist with his kicking. Plus, he gives me the vibes that you know he’s so grateful to be playing for us. Always smiling and jovial. It’s gonna suck when I have to criticise him when he has a poor game but for now I’m all aboard the Ramsdale train.
That interview was so funny. I don`t like the idea of judging players based on their personality either(Usually its based on an oversimplification of the personality) but there is something very likeable about Ramsdale. I didn`t think he would be this good when he signed but his performances till now have been brilliant so far.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Why do we have to bash Leno when saying Ramsdale is looking great?

I'm not sure why this has to happen either. Leno was incredible for a season with us as well - goalies have periods of good and bad form like other players. Don't think we can definitively say that one is better than the other yet - Ramsdale has got away with some risky passing like the one to Xhaka yesterday for example.

I like the energy that Ramsdale has brought to the team though - it seems like him, Gabriel & White are forming a good unit together. Leno is a damn good number 2 though, and having him in the background should push Rammers on even more.

Barry

Apart from having the worst username I’ve ever seen on any forum I think he/she was ok. The brother was alright too. No idea what they did to get banned.
I've got a screenshot of the final post and it's pretty explosive. Going to respect the mods on this one though. They are working for free after all. I like the idea of an Arsenal-Mania sin bin as well though. Would be nice to know what's happened to posters rather than having them just disappear along with all posts related to the incident.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I've got a screenshot of the final post and it's pretty explosive. Going to respect the mods on this one though. They are working for free after all. I like the idea of an Arsenal-Mania sin bin as well though. Would be nice to know what's happened to posters rather than having them just disappear along with all posts related to the incident.
No doubt the username alone warrants a ban so the mods can’t go wrong there.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I'm not sure why this has to happen either. Leno was incredible for a season with us as well - goalies have periods of good and bad form like other players. Don't think we can definitively say that one is better than the other yet - Ramsdale has got away with some risky passing like the one to Xhaka yesterday for example.

I like the energy that Ramsdale has brought to the team though - it seems like him, Gabriel & White are forming a good unit together. Leno is a damn good number 2 though, and having him in the background should push Rammers on even more.

Leno is an elite shot stopper, but I feel that you need a lot more energy from your GK when you're a defender and vice versa. The fit wasn't there, I think.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
There's been a lot of talk about Ramsdale's personality, but for me, the main thing is his skill set. You don't need a personality to organise a defence- just point and shove your defenders into position. He commands his box with his aerial dominance. His goal kicks gave Auba a chance to contest a few headers- a new skill for the captain. His shot stopping looks good- at full stretch, he palmed the ball away but crucially outside the width of the posts to give Tomi a chance to clear. His distribution and ability to play out from the back instill confidence. After Son scored, he still came up with a big save and was open and confident that had he been set correctly, he would have saved Son's effort. It's very early days but in every department, there's something to work with. With Leno, there's one skill to work with. I'm not bothered about comparing the two keepers. It's what they can do to help us play better and control abd win a game that matters.

Barry

Leno is an elite shot stopper, but I feel that you need a lot more energy from your GK when you're a defender and vice versa. The fit wasn't there, I think.

Yeah I think you have to have a baseline of being good as a shot stopper; confident on crosses etc. Then after that all the other stuff comes in which is unique for keepers and makes it hard to work out who the best ones are. Think that Leno has performed pretty well but has gone off the boil and is getting judged because we all saw how amazing Martinez was when he came in.

Leno's good but he has some deficiencies in his game that we've all talked about, and even Arteta alluded too when he mentioned Ramsdale's strength as a communicator. It's over to Ramsdale now really - 4 games is too small a sample size to be sure, but he looks more rounded than Leno already. His long and short passing seems better and he seems to be in sync with his back four as well.

We've seen two worldie saves from him now so we know he can do that side of it (which is backed up by the stats). All in all he looks a decent signing. Leno hopefully keeps him honest and pushes him on this season. He's unlikely to stick around after that unless he wins his place back.

Barry

He's a unit too, not sure he looked this big playing for United lol
He's actually pretty short for a keeper (6,2 I think) but he has presence and doesn't look small at all. He's not Donnarumma but I can't see him getting bullied either.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yeah I think you have to have a baseline of being good as a shot stopper; confident on crosses etc. Then after that all the other stuff comes in which is unique for keepers and makes it hard to work out who the best ones are. Think that Leno has performed pretty well but has gone off the boil and is getting judged because we all saw how amazing Martinez was when he came in.

Leno's good but he has some deficiencies in his game that we've all talked about, and even Arteta alluded too when he mentioned Ramsdale's strength as a communicator. It's over to Ramsdale now really - 4 games is too small a sample size to be sure, but he looks more rounded than Leno already. His long and short passing seems better and he seems to be in sync with his back four as well.

We've seen two worldie saves from him now so we know he can do that side of it (which is backed up by the stats). All in all he looks a decent signing. Leno hopefully keeps him honest and pushes him on this season. He's unlikely to stick around after that unless he wins his place back.

As others have said, he also seems to be a bit of a nutter, which Leno isn't.

Our last great goalkeeper was a nutter, our last decent one in Woj was one too. Martinez has a masters in Argentinian ****housesery. When the buck literally stops at you, you have to project a little confidence and ego.

Barry

As others have said, he also seems to be a bit of a nutter, which Leno isn't.

Our last great goalkeeper was a nutter, our last decent one in Woj was one too. Martinez has a masters in Argentinian ****housesery. When the buck literally stops at you, you have to project a little confidence and ego.
Totally agree with this. I guess it's not an absolute - Petr Cech was a robot as well - but a lot of great keepers are loons

Barry

In current form Ramsdale derseves a call up to the next England squad. As does ESR.
Ramsdale's gotta have a great chance of a call up, although he's unlikely to play yet. Henderson hasn't been playing for United and Johnston's in the Championship now. Reckon Ramsdale will be moving up to third choice behind Pickford & Pope who are what, five years older than him? If he has a good season with Arsenal he might be England's number 2 by the end of the calendar year.

Melquiades

Absolutely. I rate Leno and think he's been mostly good here and would be a fine fit with a different team.

However, given what we're trying to do and the way we're trying to play ... he just isn't a fit with Arsenal going forward. His play from the back is horrible/terrifying and Ramsdale is just instantly on a totally different level there.

And likewise, the energy and positivity that Ramsdale has brought has been exactly what the team needed and you can tell the rest of the squad loves him already. And it's nice to have likeable players that are fun to cheer for.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He said he should have done better when they scored. Some of you say that he couldnt do anything about that goal but the fact that he complain about himself is a good thing.
I don't think he could have done any more(though I'm not a goalkeeping expert) but I love the ownership on his part. That mentality is exactly what this club has been missing far too often. The first place any player needs to look is the mirror and the guys who do that are the guys you can count on.

tcahill

Still seeing people mention Martinez, who ****ing cares about him. Most over rated keeper in recent years.
Ramsdale has the chance of becoming Arsenal and Englands number one for the next decade.

I can't believe Martinez is still a stick people beat Edu with.

The man played well for 10 games in empty stadiums after being ass for a decade, then wanted a guaranteed starter place over a keeper that carried us for two seasons.

In hindsight, maybe we should have kept him but at the time selling him was the right decision.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom