• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Aaron Ramsdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yes it makes sense to sign a backup homegrown keeper for a multitude of reasons. Especially when we're struggling getting rid of non HG first team players.
we have 14 with no kola, torreira and thats without adding new rb, cm or AM. So they would rather pay extra for that waste a spot on him. They dont want to fill all 17 spots in case they are in emergency in january. So he is only being signed because he is hg. If he wasnt we wouldnt be looking at him

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
In terms of xG goalkeeping stats he’s not really stood out. Comfortably in the bottom half of most keepers and although he was marginally better this year 30M is just a lot of money for someone who is probably a midtable keeper at best.
Yeah I wondered if that was where you were at with it - not necessarily that he is a terrible keeper, but that he is not a top 4 keeper which I think it's hard to argue against. I think he was 9th in XG this year (obviously depends on which stat you use).

Trust levels in Edu and the club are low at the moment anyway, and it's hard to see Ramsdale as an inspiring choice for future number 1. I wouldn't mind him personally as a number 2 but am desensitised to the fees now and think you have to judge this one in the round at the end of the window.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
we have 14 with no kola, torreira and thats without adding new rb, cm or AM. So they would rather pay extra for that waste a spot on him. They dont want to fill all 17 spots in case they are in emergency in january. So he is only being signed because he is hg. If he wasnt we wouldnt be looking at him

We have 15 in total and Xhaka looking like the only one who's currently close to leaving. Without Kola and Torreira it would be 12. We are fine for non HG spots IF players leave. The issue is its looking tough for them to actually go. Xhaka's replacement wont be HG and the right back is fairly likely to not be HG as well if we sign one, so you can't really just go and buy a non HG keeper knowing that you may not be able to shift certain guys.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Seriously just stop you're getting on my nerves.
Literally how 95% of this forum feels about you.

On topic - I just can't get behind putting down £30m on a keeper that's not world class. He'd be the 6th most expensive goal keeper of all times behind Kepa, Allison, Courtois, Ederson and Buffon. Aaron ****ing Ramsdale... It's so ridiculous I can't find the words

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

On topic - I just can't get behind putting down £30m on a keeper that's not world class. He'd be the 6th most expensive goal keeper of all times behind Kepa, Allison, Courtois, Ederson and Buffon. Aaron ****ing Ramsdale... It's so ridiculous I can't find the words

You don't need to get behind it, we've been told we won't pay 30M.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Anything over 15 million is way too much, and they're not going to sell him at a loss. Unless a miracle happens, there's no way his cost will justify him being signed.

Like I said earlier any deal will probably be done based on performance add ons etc. But yeah Sheffield United didn't help themselves by overpaying so much.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Anything over 15 million is way too much, and they're not going to sell him at a loss. Unless a miracle happens, there's no way his cost will justify him being signed.
I think they will get 30 million from us. Brighton got 50 million + add ons. Edu is a rookie every team will violate

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Kepa is the outlier there... what a horrendous deal that one was

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Like I said earlier any deal will probably be done based on performance add ons etc. But yeah Sheffield United didn't help themselves by overpaying so much.

Why would Sheffield agree to performance addons for a keeper that is likely to be n2 for the foreseeable future, in a team that has been under performing for two seasons?

They'll want most of any fee to be fixed in place so that they can invest in their promotion battle. They won't want to wait around for three years for bonuses to kick in. Makes zero sense.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Didn't Wolves only want to pay £20 million for Nike's, when he was playing brilliantly for us...how can Sheffield United ask to make a profit, when he has been crap for 2 years, ffs?

Normally I don't like blaming players for the price clubs pay, but if we do make him the 6th most expensive keeper ever...we can make an exception for Aaron, he is that ****.

Everytime he makes an error here, I want the price constantly brought up...and if he ends up making loads of errors, then hopefully our fans can bully him out of the club, like they did to Jenkinson.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Didn't Wolves only want to pay £20 million for Nike's, when he was playing brilliantly for us...how can Sheffield United ask to make a profit, when he has been crap for 2 years, ffs?

Normally I don't like blaming players for the price clubs pay, but if we do make him the 6th most expensive keeper ever...we can make an exception for Aaron, he is that ****.

Everytime he makes an error here, I want the price constantly brought up...and if he ends up making loads of errors, then hopefully our fans can bully him out of the club, like they did to Jenkinson.

Stop being mean to him 😡

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Sheff U checked out mentally in november, every keeper in the world would look shifty with that btec defense

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I advocated for him läst year already, pleased Mikel seem to read my posting. Wout and Jonjoe next pls

Kysus

In terms of xG goalkeeping stats he’s not really stood out. Comfortably in the bottom half of most keepers and although he was marginally better this year 30M is just a lot of money for someone who is probably a midtable keeper at best.
Xg alone is fairly meaningless for a GK as it does not take into account shot quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom