• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Aaron Ramsdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanpayslip

ok 2.5 m,illion less than ederson

Sadly that is the harsh reality of how mediocre Arteta is. Good managers, unlike Arteta, come in and make their mark because they have a belief. Pep came and saw and told Hart to bounce. Hart was well regarded and no one could understand why he is was rejected. I remember this at the time because some pundits were saying Pep is trying a Mourinho move here and coming in and making a villain out of one player to scare the rest of the squad. Pep then got, what in my opinion is a mediocre keeper, to replace him but one that can use his feet. Then the next season he gets Ederson. Ederson is not the best keeper out there, but what he does with the ball at his feet, is beyond many mid table midfielders in this league. Conclusion - Pep came, Pep saw, Pep stuck to his philosophy and Pep got his team playing to his OWN philosophy. Most importantly, I believe there is an acknowledgement in his camp that a goalkeeper can make mistakes with his hands if he is good with his feet.

Arteta on the other hand - Arteta came, thought he had a philosophy, saw Leno can barely pass with his feet and decided that is his first choice even though he stubbornly wants playing out from the back. Then Arteta accidentally discovers a keeper that is Arsenal through and through that actually plays from his feet. He is good and already here. He decides to sell him because he favours Leno. Leno, who is a good keeper and experienced, probably looks out every game with the ball at his feet and thinks - seriously, you want me to pass out even though you know I can’t . And on top of that you gave me defenders that can’t either?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Sadly that is the harsh reality of how mediocre Arteta is. Good managers, unlike Arteta, come in and make their mark because they have a belief. Pep came and saw and told Hart to bounce. Hart was well regarded and no one could understand why he is was rejected. I remember this at the time because some pundits were saying Pep is trying a Mourinho move here and coming in and making a villain out of one player to scare the rest of the squad. Pep then got, what in my opinion is a mediocre keeper, to replace him but one that can use his feet. Then the next season he gets Ederson. Ederson is not the best keeper out there, but what he does with the ball at his feet, is beyond many mid table midfielders in this league. Conclusion - Pep came, Pep saw, Pep stuck to his philosophy and Pep got his team playing to his OWN philosophy. Most importantly, I believe there is an acknowledgement in his camp that a goalkeeper can make mistakes with his hands if he is good with his feet.

Arteta on the other hand - Arteta came, thought he had a philosophy, saw Leno can barely pass with his feet and decided that is his first choice even though he stubbornly wants playing out from the back. Then Arteta accidentally discovers a keeper that is Arsenal through and through that actually plays from his feet. He is good and already here. He decides to sell him because he favours Leno. Leno, who is a good keeper and experienced, probably looks out every game with the ball at his feet and thinks - seriously, you want me to pass out even though you know I can’t . And on top of that you gave me defenders that can’t either?

Yeah its a little different when Pep can go to the Sheikh's and say get me Bravo for £30M.... Oh wait it didn't work get me Ederson for £30M the next summer.

We don't have that luxury bro, think about what you're saying. Manchester City can write a cheque for a player instantly.

Vanpayslip

Yeah its a little different when Pep can go to the Sheikh's and say get me Bravo for £30M.... Oh wait it didn't work get me Ederson for £30M the next summer.

We don't have that luxury bro, think about what you're saying. Manchester City can write a cheque for a player instantly.

As opposed to Arteta going to an American and saying Ramsdale for £30 million plus? You’re a lost youth.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is also a lot closer to 30m than to the 15m max people said they'd pay for him.
He will go for 30 atleast, my fear is it may be more. Just as we bent over for Brighton and anderlecht who got what they wanted. We waste weeks and always end up what they asked for in the first day lol

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That sort of money indicates he'll be viewed as more than just a backup, he surely can't be worse than what Leno produced last season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That sort of money indicates he'll be viewed as more than just a backup, he surely can't be worse than what Leno produced last season.
Way worse. First half of the season shef United fans wanted him out and play the reserve keeper. He made more errors first half than any other keeper by far. He did have better second half. He is comfortably top 3 worst keepers in the league. Not even other pl clubs who go after relegated players are looking at him

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
So Arteta's 2 keepers that he is looking to sign/did sign, Runarsson and Ramsdale...and I thought Arsène had problems with that position post Lehmann :lol:

If you could have picked any keeper in this league last season, that I would have least wanted Arsenal too sign...and we are actually trying to ****ing sign him!

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

I say lay the bag on the table and get it done. £25m is half a Ben White - good value. The War Chest is well and truly open people, there's no closing it now! Let's spend ALL of Kroneke's dirty money. Mad Mads next in the door, Europa League here we come💰💰

(Thread Police - Note, it's possible I'm drunk right now and will reassess / blame relatives in the morning)

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I say lay the bag on the table and get it done. £25m is half a Ben White - good value. The War Chest is well and truly open people, there's no closing it now! Let's spend ALL of Kroneke's dirty money. Mad Mads next in the door, Europa League here we come💰💰

(Thread Police - Note, it's possible I'm drunk right now and will reassess / blame relatives in the morning)

You forgot the "Conference" part between Europa and League, there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom