• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Aaron Ramsdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
It is either this or you will have to start believing in coincidences that defy logic. 2 of the most praised GK's of last season, Ramsdale and Johnstone...both in relegated teams. Pickford get a big move to Everton largely for his performances in a relegated Sunderland. He has failed to live up to those highs ever since.

Simon Mignolet got his move to Liverpool by looking great in a Sunderland side who were flirting with relegation most of the time.

Even our own Leno's best season was with Emery when we were conceding 30 shots a game.
I agree that it is hard to judge keepers in poor sides.

One thing that stuck with me is I remember Peter Schmeichel saying it was much harder being a goalkeeper for Man Utd than a poorer side. I guess it was even more the case in those days with less playing out from the back, he said that he could barely touch the ball for an hour and then suddenly he had to go into action from cold.

Keeping at the top level of concentration when you are pretty much a bystander for long periods must be so difficult. I appreciate the skill and mental toughness because I played international level pool for a decade. The hardest part of the game was when the other guy was getting all the table time and then suddenly you get your chance when you are cold. It was always easy to play well when it was the other way round and I was the guy who was warm and flowing.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Times saying Shef want 32 million atleast. That would put him 4th on the list ahead of buffon most expensive keeper
Comparing the fee to a keeper signed a couple decades ago isn’t the best comparison. But yes it’s a disgracefully high fee.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
We may be looking at letting leno go if we are paying big money for a keeper?

i know the home grown thing is really important but surely as a backup we could just stick AMN in net 😜

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I remember telling everyone on AM that the GK position would be a merry go round of transfer fees wasted since we sold Emi. People laughed, people pointed. And here we are. How much did we spend since he left? Club is run by amateurs.
I didn't... I knew the so called 20M would turn in loss because those idiots running the club would spend more than that trying to replace him because Leno is not good enough.

How much we would loss if we went the other way? Maybe 10M for selling Leno cheap this or next summer and looking for 2nd GK. But we would have one of the best GK in the League, probably better than Emerson and at the level of deGea and Allison and HOMEGROWN!

Arson Finger

The constantly rising price rumors show that other clubs know Arsenal are total chumps when it comes to transfers. Keep pushing up the asking price, they might just cave like they always do!
I actually think Ramsdale could be a good keeper, but if Arsenal weren't interested, the asking price for him would be at least ten million lower.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
People actually believe these rumours? Lol. Yeah we're gonna sign Ramsdale for 30m just like we were gonna sell ESR to Villa. Lol

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The constantly rising price rumors show that other clubs know Arsenal are total chumps when it comes to transfers. Keep pushing up the asking price, they might just cave like they always do!
I actually think Ramsdale could be a good keeper, but if Arsenal weren't interested, the asking price for him would be at least ten million lower.
If palace came in for him and we didn’t you are right. But they see we have mugs running the club. They got relegated and have to sell players. If we walk out they will feel pretty stupid.

idan

So what? Honestly why does it matter these days. I swear Arsenal fans have been conditioned by Arsène to be like this.
Since we dont have unlimited amount of money, Arsenal fans knows that spending X amount of money means X amount of money less for better players in other important positions.
Plus, Arsenal fans believes Ramsdale is not the profile of GK they want as a first choice one..

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Since we dont have unlimited amount of money, Arsenal fans knows that spending X amount of money means X amount of money less for better players in other important positions.
Plus, Arsenal fans believes Ramsdale is not the profile of GK they want as a first choice one..

Nobody knows that. All we know is what players we want in certain positions and who the main targets are.

This summer there's more money than usual available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom