• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Aaron Ramsdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Arteta wanted Stones and Jorginho in the past; what if he wants Ramsdale cos he knows something we don’t...
I havent watched Ramsdale tbf but anyone who actually watched Stones and Jorginho could see they had massive amounts of ability. More than a few posters here wanted them at the time.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
It's the bits in-between that people conveniently forget about though. Leno was injured and Emi wanted out. You don't sell a guy that just got injured. Nobody knew Leno a year later would want out either.

I greatly dislike how people use this situation to bash the club when 9/10 people would've done the exact same thing in that exact scenario.

Obviously then going on to sign a backup keeper for £20M doesn't look great at all. But if it works and Ramsdale turns into a top keeper for us for the next 10 years who's complaining
Master gaslighting at his best. He didn't want to go out, he wanted to keep playing. Basically he knew he was better than Leno so he wanted to be number one because he wanted to play Copa America.

He deserved the place over Leno. I wouldn't play a recently injured Leno over him, now we would have Emi and yes, probably Leno leaving but I wouldn't care because Emi was the best of them. We are selling Leno for peanuts anyway.

But yes, you are the best one defending the board stupidity and you even believe your lies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Tell me how and why you would sell a player when they're injured because a guy has come in and played well for 10-15 games? Please tell me any scenario where any club in world football would actually do that? Its so so so so easy to say what players better, who does things better. But that isn't the situation we are talking about. We know Emi is better at certain things, this isn't rocket science. This is about scenario at the time, you do not sell an injured guy because Emi plays 15 games and says I want the number 1 jersey, how ridiculous.

You would do that when the guy coming in has a higher ceiling....... Leno is a good shot stopper but meh in every other aspect as a goalkeeper. Bad distribution. Commands the area poorly. Weak with crosses. Finding an upgrade from him was something that was going to be inevitable. Martinez's shot stopping is just as good as Leno's and he is better in everything else. If you don't think Martinez is good enough that's fair. Cause his performances at Villa certainly hasn't been perfect. Just stop pretending Leno is irreplaceable.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You would do that when the guy coming in has a higher ceiling....... Leno is a good shot stopper but meh in every other aspect as a goalkeeper. Bad distribution. Commands the area poorly. Weak with crosses. Finding an upgrade from him was something that was going to be inevitable. Martinez's shot stopping is just as good as Leno's and he is better in everything else. If you don't think Martinez is good enough that's fair. Cause his performances at Villa certainly hasn't been perfect. Just stop pretending Leno is irreplaceable.
ramsdale had 43% correct passing to team mates....the lowest in the league. He is terrible at distributing

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I'm not as against this one as most because he looks like a good shot stopper and a good character as well by all accounts. I worry the price effects our other business, but that aside the main thing that is puzzling is his ball skills... doesn't seem like this is particularly one of his strengths and given Arteta's style of play that seems like an odd decision, especially if we view him as a potential number 1 in the future. Personally, like with CB's I think this gets way over done and would prefer a keeper to be composed, elite at shot stopping and dealing with 1v1s and crosses. Not too fussed about passing, but this has obviously been high up the list for us before.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
How the eff do Sheffield value him so high. I mean, I'm angry with Arsenal with being so wasteful, but why are Sheffield being so unrealistic about their player. He shouldn't be more than 15m tops, any bid above that amount should be accepted, otherwise they're harming themselves.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
How the eff do Sheffield value him so high. I mean, I'm angry with Arsenal with being so wasteful, but why are Sheffield being so unrealistic about their player. He shouldn't be more than 15m tops, any bid above that amount should be accepted, otherwise they're harming themselves.
They are obviously going to value him higher than £15m because they brought him in for £18m and he's their first team keeper and also an England keeper. He's highly rated and they are right not to just roll over and accept whatever - look at the prices that England players are being quoted at elsewhere. £40m is ridiculous though, no way that he goes to anyone for that amount. I think personally that they will accept £25m and if they don't we will move on to other targets. Whether we should go that high is another question...

samshere

Why so serieuse?
They are obviously going to value him higher than £15m because they brought him in for £18m and he's their first team keeper and also an England keeper. He's highly rated and they are right not to just roll over and accept whatever - look at the prices that England players are being quoted at elsewhere. £40m is ridiculous though, no way that he goes to anyone for that amount. I think personally that they will accept £25m and if they don't we will move on to other targets. Whether we should go that high is another question...
They bought him for 18m? Thats news to me. Yeah, you're right then they can ask for more than that. I haven't seen much of him, i'm just opposed to spending more than 20m on a goalie on principle and here it seems that we are spending that much on a backup.

TheIceman85

In my FM save Ramsdale went on to replace Neuer as Bayern #1, was labelled an “Elite Goalkeeper” and had more than 100 caps for England.

Just saying. Those FM scouts usually know a thing or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom