• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I'd keep Ramsey and see how he gets on under a new coach / system, of course he may take that decision out of our hands by not signing a new contract.

In the right system he could work, would rather see Elneny/Xhaka leave first tbh

He's been here for 10 years and you think some fantasy/fifa system can save his shortcomings?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He's a Giroud/Walcott level player. Time to get rid, too injury prone, too inconsistent, and ultimately average. Gets treated on here like he's still 18.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
He's a Giroud/Walcott level player. Time to get rid, too injury prone, too inconsistent, and ultimately average. Gets treated on here like he's still 18.

I agree even though I think he could make a great bench player.
Same goes for Wilshere. You can't build a team around those 2. They're too unreliable.

We need to let go one of the 2 and get 2 or maybe 3 midfielders who are consistent, not injury prone.

Newchange

Ramsey is another one who technically isnt upto the standard. Although not the worst we have he should be sold in summer for sure. Tollisio should have come in last summer to replace ramsey. Hes got everything ramsey has and more. Well done Bayern

Marmaduke

This forum would sell the whole squad as below standard and then tell everyone else they play too much FM. People already complaining about Mikhi and Auba which is absolute nonsense.

Ramsey isn't the problem, neither is Cech, or even Xhaka. Its not any one player...

Jojoba

Haters will hate

Ramsey was great. His late runs from midfield are something we miss when he doesn’t play, some of his touches tonight we’re very good. If only the other 9 outfield players had the same desire to press that he does.
This late runs nonsense is funny. The hype of it makes one think Ramsey scores so many goals from it. Like say Lampard or Gerard etc.. With the runs he made yesterday or sunday how many goals did he score from that?
He reminds me of the typical Özil excuses, “But but he creates so many chances, so that is enough, don’t expect anything more from him”. Smh

Jojoba

I realise that, which is why he should be offered it, so he can refuse it and be sold. I think we can do much better than him in midfield and the goals don't really bother me to be honest. For me Ramsey played his best football when he actually wasn't scoring goals alongside Arteta. He was averaging a massive amount of tackles per game and holding his disciplined position in a two man midfield.

Suddenly, his game is based on output only? As soon as we have possession of the ball he is bombing forward. A post was made in the Xhaka thread highlighting Xhaka's inability to receive the ball off the defence. In each clip Ramsey is out of the picture as he he is occupying Özil's number 10 spot.

I would rather thrust more responsibility upon Özil to score an extra 8 goals and provide more assists, along with Mhiki and sell Ramsey to fund a winger who can bag 20 goals and 10 assists than have to sit through another season of Ramsey in our midfield.

We need technical playmakers who are agile. We don't need one pace off the ball runners who have an arrogance to occupy a number 10 spot, leaving his duties to build play, pushing our actual number 10 to pick the ball up deeper and feed balls into the final third when he should be receiving them there.
That is funny.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
People say that Ramsey won’t play at any top club, I can see him fit in nicely at Liverpool.

Also, IMO, Ramsey can (in theory) work in the Real Madrid team as well. He will have Kroos managing the play alongside him and Casemiro doing the defensive dirty work. Isco is an attacking midfielder who can make play and that leaves Ramsey to do his thing.

Newchange

People say that Ramsey won’t play at any top club, I can see him fit in nicely at Liverpool.

Also, IMO, Ramsey can (in theory) work in the Real Madrid team as well. He will have Kroos managing the play alongside him and Casemiro doing the defensive dirty work. Isco is an attacking midfielder who can make play and that leaves Ramsey to do his thing.
Please don't mention Ramsey and Real Madrid in the same sentence

Brown Gooner

Please don't mention Ramsey and Real Madrid in the same sentence
Don’t let your bias cloud the idea. I said in theory he could do a job there. Real Madrid rely heavily on their forwards to score the goals and don’t have a consistent goal scoring threat from the midfield (except maybe Isco)

They are pretty one dimensional in attack and are being exposed this season for that. Shut down their forwards and Real cannot seem to score. Emery got his team and tactics all wrong that’s why they lost 3-1 away, not because Real Madrid played great.

Ramsey could offer that to them. He’ll have a proper defensive mid (and a good one too) in Casemiro to protect the defends for him and Kroos can do the Pirlo role of conducting the play. Isco is possibly one of the top five attacking midfielders in the game (Özil, James, Eriksen and KDB being the other four) and Isco offers more defensively than Özil. So Ramsey would be able to make runs from midfield and use Bale or some other forward as a decoy.

Brown Gooner

This late runs nonsense is funny. The hype of it makes one think Ramsey scores so many goals from it. Like say Lampard or Gerard etc.. With the runs he made yesterday or sunday how many goals did he score from that?
He reminds me of the typical Özil excuses, “But but he creates so many chances, so that is enough, don’t expect anything more from him”. Smh
I have an idea. Lets sell Özil, Ramsey, Xhaka, Jack and Mkhi. Even Lacazette and Aubameyang while we’re at it.

However, lets keep the root of all our problems, still at the club for another season ;)

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
He's possibly the last player playing for Wenger right now. Honest guy is Rambo, won't be downing tools or making excuses for his performances.

Aaron Ramsey is playing for the manager? :lol: Stop.

Ramsey plays for himself each and every game. Otherwise he would wise up and stay in midfield when we're overun all the time.

The lad, like always, is playing for personal glory and his move away. He always tries and doesnt hide like so many other we have in the ranks, so I will give him credit but time and again you see he plays for himself.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Aaron Ramsey is playing for the manager? :lol: Stop.

Ramsey plays for himself each and every game. Otherwise he would wise up and stay in midfield when we're overun all the time.

The lad, like always, is playing for personal glory and his move away. He always tries and doesnt hide like so many other we have in the ranks, so I will give him credit but time and again you see he plays for himself.
I'm almost certain he makes his runs on the manager's orders.

I have an idea. Lets sell Özil, Ramsey, Xhaka, Jack and Mkhi. Even Lacazette and Aubameyang while we’re at it.

However, lets keep the root of all our problems, still at the club for another season ;)
Nah, we only want wenger, ramsey, xhaka out. Also that Real Madrid nonsense you served up with Isco playing thru Aaron (wtf?!) gave me a laugh. Prerequisite @madrid is you need to be able to control the ball!

Brown Gooner

Nah, we only want wenger, ramsey, xhaka out. Also that Real Madrid nonsense you served up with Isco playing thru Aaron (wtf?!) gave me a laugh. Prerequisite @madrid is you need to be able to control the ball!

Madrid play direct football. You seem to be confusing them with Barcelona. I have seen Seville, Valencia and Sociedad “control” the game against them and dominate Real in possession. Real Madrid either use their fullbacks to put in crosses or hit you on the break with pace. And I stand by my statement that Real do not have a consistent goal scoring threat from midfield.

Also if you had watched yesterday’s game. Ramsey once controlled the ball through three defenders and tried to set up PEA.

This is the formation I was talking about
Carvajal Varane Ramos Marcello
—————— Casemiro——————
——— Ramsey ———— Kroos ———
——————— Isco ———————-
—— Bale ——————— Ronaldo——

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom