• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm almost certain he makes his runs on the manager's orders.

It amazes that people just don't get this. Wenger has an attacking philosophy where his midfielders making runs is essential to the type of football he wants us to play. Ramsey is the best capable of doing what Wenger wants from his B2B midfielder, if Ramsey was asked to sit there beside Xhaka and sit deep and not make any runs forward I'm sure he'd try his best to follow those instructions like he's done in big games like vs Chelsea in FA Cup final, Chelsea at the bridge this season and the 2-0 win over Sp**s I mean he still made runs in those games but he like the team were clearly asked to be more conservative at times.

pikey2000

He's been here for 10 years and you think some fantasy/fifa system can save his shortcomings?

I don't think he's a nailed on starter for us under any coach/system but he has a place in the squad for me, especially ahead of others as I said.

Just because Wenger plays him every single game when he is fit doesn't mean a different coach would do the same, if by some chance he was willing to take a rotational role in the squad i'd keep him and see how he goes.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Ramsey at Real Madrid midfield. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I said in theory he could provide Real something that they lack, a goal scoring threat from the midfield.

It was in response to users who think he’ll find it hard to play at other big clubs.

Let us look at all possibilities.
1. Bayern’s midfield is stacked and the only guy I can see Ramsey replacing is Vidal (box to box role) but Vidal does 3x the defensive work that Ramsey does, so no Ramsey won't get a place there.
2. He is not technically skilled enough or physically/defensively good enough to play at Barca.
3. Juventus’s playing style is much more defends oriented and maybe he could fit in there if the manager there uses him like he plays for Wales, however I cannot see him displace Dybala behind Higuain, or Pjanic in midfield. He is not defensively on the same planet as Matuidi and Khedira. He also doesn’t like playing on the wings. So no Juve as well.
4. PSG too are stacked with Pastore, Draxler, Rabiot and Verratti who are all goal scoring threats from midfield, so Ramsey won't fit in.
5. Ramsey has no chance at Man City. Not even worth discussing.
6. Man United. They have many goal scorers in midfield in Pogba, Matic, Fellaini and Mata. Ramsey won't offer them anything that they don’t have.
7. Chelsea could use him, but I don’t think they play a three man midfield and I can’t see him in the two behind the CF ahead of Hazard, Pedro, Willian. Maybe he can replace Bakayoko or Drinkwater

That leaves Liverpool, Sp**s and Madrid. Sp**s rely on big strong midfielders and then Eriksen and Kane up front to score the goals. Goals from the midfield is really not in their system.

I can see Ramsey doing fine at Liverpool if Klopp utilises him well and plays him behind the devastating trio up front.

Real Madrid have struggled for goals this season. Their tendency to heavily rely on BBC to do the scoring is being exposed. Kross, Modric and Casemiro might score on the rare occasion but they don’t score often enough to make up for the forwards not scoring. Isco has changed that somewhat because he is scoring from the midfield. In their counterattacking set up I can see a midfielder like Ramsey providing another goal scoring option if the forwards are being marked out of the game or if the forwards are having a poor day.

Never am I saying that Ramsey will go to Real or that he will work like a charm at Madrid. I’m just saying in theory he could provide a midfield goal scoring threat for Real, something that Real have lacked and with their forwards not firing this season, Real have struggled by their lofty standards.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It amazes that people just don't get this. Wenger has an attacking philosophy where his midfielders making runs is essential to the type of football he wants us to play. Ramsey is the best capable of doing what Wenger wants from his B2B midfielder, if Ramsey was asked to sit there beside Xhaka and sit deep and not make any runs forward I'm sure he'd try his best to follow those instructions like he's done in big games like vs Chelsea in FA Cup final, Chelsea at the bridge this season and the 2-0 win over Sp**s I mean he still made runs in those games but he like the team were clearly asked to be more conservative at times.

Think he wants him as a late runner which I think Ramsey understand snow . Wenger didn't want him bombing forward Willy Nilly which he used to do .

"There have been hints of that brilliance – his mesmerising, 30-yard strike against Galatasaray, for example, which hit the back of the net at 53.4 miles per hour – but Wenger seems less appreciative of a Ramsey preoccupied with the pursuit of the spectacular. “He has to keep his priorities right,” growled the Frenchman in November. “He needs to help the team. It's not about goalscoring.” Wenger has previously credited a meeting with Ramsey in which he stressed the importance of simplicity – “you have to do basics, basics, basics,” he told the midfielder – as laying the foundation for his stellar 2013-14 campaign."

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
So many comically off observations on his role and overall team tactics. Going further, how can any one player apparently destroy something ("shape") that's doesnt exist at all right now in the team?

Concerning his injuries: How is it his fault? He's surely not planning on it, climbing trees or feigning illness like others do.
There's a nicely paid team of doctors, therapists, fitness coaches, nutritionists et al who are supposed to be top dogs in their respective fields, whose only job it is to keep players fit and performing by designing individual workouts, diets etc for them.
This not working for some reason has clearly been a problem for years with different players, especially regarding chronic injuries. Ramsey clearly has issues with his harmstrings since suffering a critical leg break while still growing. Hasn't been addressed by staff. They crushed Cazorlas achilles. Then there's the story about Hayden's serious injury.
I dont put any blame on Ramsey re injuries. I'd be fuming as a player if medical staff cant keep me fit while exactly knowing where the problem is. And at 27/28 I'd feel like those butchers have hampered my career enough and would opt to leave just for medical reasons alone.

I think he'd flourish at Juve, Liverpool, Atletico and Utd, and if he decides to leave a lot of top Clubs will be interested.

Ah, the best joke in here? Saying Tolisso is better at everything and even offers more than Ramsey...have you seen the frenchie play? His good performances can be counted on one hand. He's lucky not to be publicly labelled a flop, cause he's damn close to being one. His weak season is one if the reasons Bayern signed Goretzka.

Longy

Ramsey may have drive and desire.
He just doesn't have the talent/tech for a top top team.
He is at current Arsenal level, no more.

Real Madrid ????
Crazy.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Ramsey is the least of our problems. He should be our main midfielder now that Santi is sadly finished.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Before the season starts he should either have signed a new contract or be sold. Don't want another Alexis/Özil saga lingering on into the season.

He isn't worth the reported 250k a week, though, would say 170K most, on par with Mikhi and Auba. Otherwise just get rid.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
You want a player who can't hold his midfield position for 5 minutes to be our main midfielder? How does Ramsey's style of play resemble Cazorla's exactly?

You tell me as I've only saw you suggest that in this topic.. In Santi' absence, Ramsey is the only cm that I trust not to hide and to produce match winning moments. He should be our driving force.

He could definitely start at Chelsea, Unted or Liverpool and a host of European teams.

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
You tell me as I've only saw you suggest that in this topic.. In Santi' absence, Ramsey is the only cm that I trust not to hide and to produce match winning moments. He should be our driving force.

He could definitely start at Chelsea, Unted or Liverpool and a host of European teams.

Fine, play him in the front 3 then, but as a midfielder he's one of the reasons why our defence is so shiite. He won't hold his position, and you can't have a midfielder who will constantly bomb forward, crowding the attack, and exposing the defence, you simply can't.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Ramsey is the least of our problems. He should be our main midfielder now that Santi is sadly finished.

How can he be our main midfielder when he has so many flaws in his game and gets injured so much?

We should stop with these limited midfielders BS who can only perform if the team is perfectly set up for them.

We need complete modern midfielders who can do pretty much everything.
Players like Cesc Cazorla Arteta were on a whole other level than Ramsey Wilshere Elneny Xhaka and so on.

We need at least 2 top class midfielders this summer and pay whatever it takes to build a serious partnership which can dominate the game by themselves.

We have by far the worst midfield in the top 6 IMO.

nick gould

Ramsey and Bellerin rested for Milan.
I don’t believe that narrative. In Bellerin’s case apparently he was dropped 2 hours before the match according to today’s press. It must be something to do with their involvement or lack of in the players inquest and subsequent leaks to the media.

Zyrth

Ramsey would still make a poor front 3 due to his level of technique. It’s ok, but nothing to shout about when he’s being crowded out by defenders.

I still feel his skill sets best suit him for a role as a B2B midfielder. But only if he were to cut out his tendencies of bombing forward when the ball is being passed from our defenders to xhaka. That stinks of irresponsibility and also a hint of cowardice. Otherwise his late runs are a good weapon, and he is tenacious, good at winning back possession.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Ramsey is 27, one year younger than Theo Walcott... this is the time on a players career where clubs want to see a players prime while we're still discussing which parts of his game he needs to change.

We should admit that Ramsey hasn't quite developed as we expected and cut our losses. Otherwise we'll be left with another Walcott situation, keeping a clearly not good enough player for too long.

OSBK

Established Member
Another 3 games and he hits top form and then another 2 games then out injured.

Same crape every year with this player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom