• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Emery is the end of Ramsey either way

- Ramsey signs and Emery finds out pretty quick that he can't play with a ball and sits him off the bench
- Emery already knows and agrees with Sven to sell him asap

Ramsey’s actually the kind of midfielder that Emery was desperate for at PSG.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Big Ems could be the making of Rambo, bringing a more disciplined structure to his game. Here's hoping.

I agree. Ramsey would be a better player if he played with more discipline. But that only addressed the third point.

(And don’t forget, if he played with more discipline, he’d not score as much. So at the end, his contribution won’t increase by a lot, because playing with discipline is just a trade off to his normal game.)

Ramsey is the one making our midfield unfunctional.

1 He doesn’t really help our team build up, and feed crap to our attacking players, because his passing range is limited, he’s not a good passer, and his football iq is low. As a result, we score less as a team.

2 He gave away too much possession, because of his poor touch, misplaced pass and poor technical abilitiy. And what does less possession means? We have less chance to score while the opponent has more.

3 And he doesn’t help the team to defend, leaving our midfield exposed to counter attacks. (he does help sometimes, but only when he’s able to, because more than often he was not in place when the midfield needed someone to defend).

Ramsey might be useful if we want to bypass our midfield, playing mourinho or benitez type of ****, but we are Arsenal.

He’s still **** regarding the first two points. And those are basics attributes for a midfielder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saikung

I never rated Ramsey but I hope Emery can make him a much better and disciplined player.

It is odd though......Emery saying he wants to build the team around Ramsey and PEA.

I dont think the club would want that leaked out especially since Ramsey still needs to sign a new contract. The agent would be demanding more money knowing that!

Wryer

Or what if Emery is looking to give him the license to roam? Ramsey always look to have another level in a Wales-type set up where basically he and Bale runs the attack.

But this is going to be massive tear up of the team structure. Honestly not sure if Ramsey is worth this risk.

Longy

Its all nonsense.

I'd believe it if he had the skills and speed to get the ball moving, but he does not. They're his weakest attributes.
Emery likes 2 disciplined midfielders with a 3 in front, correct ?
He is not playing AM while we have Özil and Mikhi.

He still goes imo, unless he wants to be an option with salary reflecting that.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Its all nonsense.

I'd believe it if he had the skills and speed to get the ball moving, but he does not. They're his weakest attributes.
Emery likes 2 disciplined midfielders with a 3 in front, correct ?
He is not playing AM while we have Özil and Mikhi.

He still goes imo, unless he wants to be an option with salary reflecting that.
I'm willing to take a chance on Emery knowing more about how to use players than you do, and it certainly sounds as if he will be well aware of Ramsey's shortcomings

blaise

I can only see this working in 4-4-2 or some sort of hybrid of 4-2-3-1 with Ramsey being the 4th midfielder.
Ramsey at CM is shooting at your foot before start unless he plans to watch USBs with Ramsey whole summer

HappyChap

Man I think Ramsey is certainly a flawed player but some of the negativity about him is a bit much. With some good coaching he could clearly be very good..
I thought Wenger was a good coach for this position, his training of midfielders was exceptional. Throughout his Arsenal career he had dominant midfield setups, and he had worked with all sorts of players (from Parlour to Hleb). There is a general expectation on this forum that the Emery will turn all of our mediocre midfielders into top players, but I have a feeling this won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom