• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Song Billong

Yeah problem is that Ramsey scored goals, and then he became a very different player from what he was in 13/14. Emery's record suggests he is old school and prefers water carriers as his midfielders, not wannabe strikers.

Agree, he did. He got ahead of himself. Hopefully Emery can get the best out if of him and turn him back into the B2B that we saw in 13/14. I don't care about the goals either really, they're great obviously but they're a bonus. It's the effort on the defensive end that he needs to bring back, the harassing and tackling.

Divided_Pie

Ramsey is pretty much the most important question of this offseason.

It's either build the team around him (and not Özil) or move him on. I am guessing that Arsenal want Emery to have a bit of time with Ramsey before they make that decision.

Not only does it have huge ramifications financially (huge contract plus no transfer fee), it will impact team tactics (Ramsey pretty much needs to be in a 4-3-3, which likely pushes Özil out wide and reduces his impact), and the captaincy, which Ramsey would be in line for.

Massive decision for the club.

Personally I would sell him and buy someone who fits on a team built around Özil in a #10 role, which means someone who has the technical ability and defensive nous that Ramsey lacks.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
His agent will draw this out cause he knows the club will get desperate and he'll sign a massive contract he doesn't deserve towards the end of the window
The thing is that we an act now. We're not yet desperate. Give him a deadline or call his bluff. Let's see who comes knocking.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's either build the team around him (and not Özil) or move him on. I am guessing that Arsenal want Emery to have a bit of time with Ramsey before they make that decision.

Not only does it have huge ramifications financially (huge contract plus no transfer fee), it will impact team tactics (Ramsey pretty much needs to be in a 4-3-3, which likely pushes Özil out wide and reduces his impact), and the captaincy, which Ramsey would be in line for.

Personally I would sell him and buy someone who fits on a team built around Özil in a #10 role, which means someone who has the technical ability and defensive nous that Ramsey lacks.

I don't buy the whole Özil needs to be a 10 argument. Özil does not need to be central to effect the game. He pretty much finds the space even if he is wide.

Arguably the two best number 10s from the last two decades played wide at their peak.

Zidane and Ronaldinho.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

NO

We play 4-3-1-2

it is the only system that gets ALL our best players on the pitch in closest to their natural position as possible
------------------Leno-----------------
Bell---Must----Sokratis----Kola
---Xhaka--Torrieira---Ramsey---
----------------Özil-----------------
-----------Laca-----Auba----------

Divided_Pie

NO

We play 4-3-1-2

it is the only system that gets ALL our best players on the pitch in closest to their natural position as possible
------------------Leno-----------------
Bell---Must----Sokratis----Kola
---Xhaka--Torrieira---Ramsey---
----------------Özil-----------------
-----------Laca-----Auba----------

One can hardly say that Xhaka and Ramsey are natural out wide. Mkhi is our only attacker that fits well out wide and you have him on the bench. Swap Xhaka for Mkhi and that might work but I still see Arsenal getting killed on counter attacks since Xhaka and Ramsey don't have the pace to cover if the fullbacks are caught up field and Arsenal lose the ball.

Ramsey fits best as the furthest forward CM in a 4-3-3, and if he could learn some discipline I could see him as a B2B in a double pivot next to Torreira in a 4-2-3-1 (although that's putting a lot on Torreira).

Zaza

One can hardly say that Xhaka and Ramsey are natural out wide. Mkhi is our only attacker that fits well out wide and you have him on the bench. Swap Xhaka for Mkhi and that might work but I still see Arsenal getting killed on counter attacks since Xhaka and Ramsey don't have the pace to cover if the fullbacks are caught up field and Arsenal lose the ball.

Ramsey fits best as the furthest forward CM in a 4-3-3, and if he could learn some discipline I could see him as a B2B in a double pivot next to Torreira in a 4-2-3-1 (although that's putting a lot on Torreira).
Sokratis or Mustafi will cover for the full backs while Xhaka and Torreira drop in as CBs

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Swap Ramsey for Mkhi

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

They are not outwide
They are cms

Ramsey would of course drift out at times
But so would Özil and Auba (but to the left mostly)

Playing three in the middle is good because when Ramsey goes forward Xhaka isn't alone
Xhaka has some more leeway now to to unleash that Canon of a leftpeg he got

Call it 4-1-2-1-2 if that is more to your living or 4-1-3-2 with Özil as tbe central playmaker (but I rather see him as part of the trio upfront

With the same guys on the field it might at times look like good ol 4-2-3-1
With Ramsey flottig out to rw and Auba to LW

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
The thing is that we an act now. We're not yet desperate. Give him a deadline or call his bluff. Let's see who comes knocking.

Agree with this, I think a reality check is whats needed, sign with us or see who comes in, I'm sure it wont be the Barca's, Juve, City's what he would want and will be Everton, maybe at a push Chelsea but then he will probably ride the bench.

He is probably dragging on signing to get more money, Özil made the blueprint, these players obviously all talk and if I was in Ramseys situation the first person I would be talking to about negotiating is Mr Özil (who played it well), the longer he leaves it however he will start to put in a few calls to Mr Wilshere (who did not)..

Personally, if he hasnt signed by the start of the season/window shuts he should be a bench option for the whole year, set an example that we will not be held ransom (again).

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Agree with this, I think a reality check is whats needed, sign with us or see who comes in, I'm sure it wont be the Barca's, Juve, City's what he would want and will be Everton, maybe at a push Chelsea but then he will probably ride the bench.

He is probably dragging on signing to get more money, Özil made the blueprint, these players obviously all talk and if I was in Ramseys situation the first person I would be talking to about negotiating is Mr Özil (who played it well), the longer he leaves it however he will start to put in a few calls to Mr Wilshere (who did not)..

Personally, if he hasnt signed by the start of the season/window shuts he should be a bench option for the whole year, set an example that we will not be held ransom (again).
Sell him to Everton.

TheArsenalis

Cause Theo got 140, I'm guessing they're pretty confident and rightfully so
Theo got 140 and got benched. His agent and arsenal knew he was important at the time so he had bargaining chips. Ramsey aint got the same situation plus step daddy wenger ain't here to make is happen for him.

If this carrys on i think he get shipped out.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Sell him to Everton.

Would rather keep him if a fair deal can be agreed between the club and Ramsey, if he takes the piss then yeah, sell him while we can still get somewhat of a decent fee under the circumstances.

100% against keeping him around in hope and this running until and through January when also any fee will be low.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Was dropping deep for the ball, and making late runs, and almost got a goal.

Looked dangerous af, and a lot more disciplined.

Needs to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom