• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
We've got around 3 weeks before the window on purchases closes on the 9th. I really do hope the club have set some sort of deadline for this, hopefully by the end of this week. Letting this drag on does us no good and only benefits Ramsey. If we can sort it out by the end of the week, one way or the other, it would give us 3 weeks to find a replacement and 6 weeks to sell Ramsey, which should be enough time. Hopefully we've learnt from the Sanchez debacle.

Last edited:

TheArsenalis

We've got around 3 weeks before the window on purchases closes on the 9th. I really do hope the club have sets some sort deadline for this, hopefully by the end of this week. Letting this drag on does us no good and only benefits Ramsey. If we can sort it out by the end of the week, one way or the other, it would give us 3 weeks to find a replacement and 6 weeks to sell Ramsey, which should be enough time. Hopefully we've learnt from the Sanchez debacle.
Sign or go. This dragging in is all to familiar

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
G.I. Rambo

4E4FBF9800000578-0-image-m-47_1531747477950.jpg

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wow, he can play in our under 21's now!

Seriously, I want him to sign and stay, I feel there is so much more we can get out of him and believe Emery may be the man to do it.

Ramsey doesn't work in a 3 man midfield. He turns it into a 4-4-1-1 because he constantly makes forward runs. Even against Boreham Wood the difference could be seen. The first half had Willock holding with AMN and ESR more advanced. Even though ESR was making forward runs, it was clearly a 3 man midfield as more often than not AMN and ESR were parallel.

The second half saw Chambers holding with Ramsey and Jeff in midfield. It was a complete shambles compared to the first half. It had nothing to do with tiredness seeing as they were all fresh, but their positioning was shocking. I couldn't even make out who was playing where, but guaranteed you could see Ramsey busting a gut to play centre forward as much as he could. Guendozi then came on for Jeff and Ramsey basically moved to centre forward.

The best I have ever seen Ramsey play is when he was alongside Arteta in a 2 man midfield and went through a massive goal drought. He had the numbers for the highest tackles in the league and played like a true central midfielder.

We have an elite attack. It is up to our attack to score the goals. If Ramsey doesn't play as a true central midfielder and wants to break forward constantly then he needs to be sold.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ramsey doesn't work in a 3 man midfield. He turns it into a 4-4-1-1 because he constantly makes forward runs. Even against Boreham Wood the difference could be seen. The first half had Willock holding with AMN and ESR more advanced. Even though ESR was making forward runs, it was clearly a 3 man midfield as more often than not AMN and ESR were parallel.

The second half saw Chambers holding with Ramsey and Jeff in midfield. It was a complete shambles compared to the first half. It had nothing to do with tiredness seeing as they were all fresh, but their positioning was shocking. I couldn't even make out who was playing where, but guaranteed you could see Ramsey busting a gut to play centre forward as much as he could. Guendozi then came on for Jeff and Ramsey basically moved to centre forward.

The best I have ever seen Ramsey play is when he was alongside Arteta in a 2 man midfield and went through a massive goal drought. He had the numbers for the highest tackles in the league and played like a true central midfielder.

We have an elite attack. It is up to our attack to score the goals. If Ramsey doesn't play as a true central midfielder and wants to break forward constantly then he needs to be sold.
That myth about him getting instruction to bomb forward from Arsène may be debunked pretty soon.

Divided_Pie

Maybe Ramsey is feeling pressure to score goals because of the contract situation, thinking more goals = bigger contract. Wishful thinking but maybe he will settle back in to being an all-around midfielder once he gets a new deal.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Maybe Ramsey is feeling pressure to score goals because of the contract situation, thinking more goals = bigger contract. Wishful thinking but maybe he will settle back in to being an all-around midfielder once he gets a new deal.
This suggests that the problem only creeps up when he is due a new contract (or negotiation) which I do not believe to be true. This, i feel, is an ongoing issue.

Zyrth

This, many times over.

This has been my gripe towards Ramsey and how we function as a team.

It’s easy to jump on the Ramsey bandwagon because he’s much more noticeable in terms of offensive output, compared to say Özil who pulls the strings from behind. Ramsey’s play style, to an extend is similar to Sanchez, is easier to take notice for fans because he always makes runs or positions himself inside the box to score or assist. But like someone mentioned, a midfielders job is to support attack and defense, so far he’s only done half the job well.

The other half, he’s completely ignored, which has and will cause more organizational chaos and ultimately affect our games. I’m fine with him making runs, but not all the time like he’s a center forward. If he’s unwilling to play as a CM we will suffer like how we did against Liverpool again. Hope emery really does coach him on when to make runs and when to stay behind. His standout performances in his 13/14 was actually his defensive numbers for me. Tackles and interceptions. I didn’t really bother bout his goals, just a huge bonus to me.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
So xhaka is expected to turn into prime pirlo with the help of Unai’s supreme coaching but telling Ramsey to sit deeper is too far fetched?

TheArsenalis

if that is the case even in the slightest, he is making a big mistake. that mean he will vacate his role in the team to impress, leaving the game is dier situation. this is not a good look in any case. i can only except hat ramsey does on the pitch if its his managers orders, otherwise you cant defend it.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
So xhaka is expected to turn into prime pirlo with the help of Unai’s supreme coaching but telling Ramsey to sit deeper is too far fetched?
I expect both players to, unfortunately, carry on as they have been. Which will of course lift that wool everyone has over their eyes regarding both players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom