• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyrth

So xhaka is expected to turn into prime pirlo with the help of Unai’s supreme coaching but telling Ramsey to sit deeper is too far fetched?
IMO, its not only receiving coaching and guidance for Xhaka, but with a better drilled and instructed team. Whereas for Ramsey, the work is needed to curb his play style. Where one is dependent on the team to flourish, the other is independent to it, but rather would enhance the team.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ramsey's going to flourish yet again this season just as he had done last season. One of the best players in the premier league and we are lucky to have him.
Sorry, can't really say I agree with this. I agree he could flourish but yet again is a bit much. He WAS, imo, one of our better players last season but given the season we had that isn't saying much.
Unless you're referring back to that November month of 2014 where he indeed did flourish for a while.
There is a reason this thread is long and filled with much debate. He just hasn't been, without any doubt, as good as some of his fanboys suggest he is. Haviong said that, he is nowhere near as bad as his detractors make out either.

Good discipline and new tactics could see him excel though, agree with that. We wait and see.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

G.I. Rambo

4E4FBF9800000578-0-image-m-47_1531747477950.jpg

I have Luta family here in my neighborhood and Ramsey looks exactly like being one of them. Remzi Luta.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

IMO, its not only receiving coaching and guidance for Xhaka, but with a better drilled and instructed team. Whereas for Ramsey, the work is needed to curb his play style. Where one is dependent on the team to flourish, the other is independent to it, but rather would enhance the team.
Wouldn't better coaching and guidance allow Ramsey to naturally flourish. Like given what Emery has said already

I am very happy with him,” Emery said of Ramsey. “Every training is with the ambition I want, working with quality and the competitive spirit I want. I want to work with him. His future is a question for the player and club. I said to Ivan, Raúl and Sven [Gazidis, Sanllehí and Mislintat, the collective dealing with contracts and transfers] he’s an important player for me.”

That's not a player being cast to the sidelines especially after what happened with Wilshere. If he had a similar conversation with Ramsey he'd be getting flogged left right and centre.

Zyrth

So xhaka is expected to turn into prime pirlo with the help of Unai’s supreme coaching but telling Ramsey to sit deeper is too far fetched?
Wouldn't better coaching and guidance allow Ramsey to naturally flourish. Like given what Emery has said already

I am very happy with him,” Emery said of Ramsey. “Every training is with the ambition I want, working with quality and the competitive spirit I want. I want to work with him. His future is a question for the player and club. I said to Ivan, Raúl and Sven [Gazidis, Sanllehí and Mislintat, the collective dealing with contracts and transfers] he’s an important player for me.”

That's not a player being cast to the sidelines especially after what happened with Wilshere. If he had a similar conversation with Ramsey he'd be getting flogged left right and centre.
Yea that's the point. I was just replying (and echoing) Fewtch in his post. People were questioning why Xhaka can improve under Emery's coaching but not Ramsey.
I've never liked Ramsey's over zealousness in getting into the box. CM first and foremost for me. But as I've agreed, I'm hoping Emery can work on the timing and frequency of his runs. He is already IMO a good player, maybe needs to improve a bit on his technique, but hes the full package for a B2B. Great instincts in the box, good engine. If and once Emery polishes him he will greatly improve the entire team. But for Xhaka's case, he wasn't able to flourish because of the imbalanced and chaotic team.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
If this guy is really trying to get Özil money then he can honestly **** off to the highest bidder. He’s not even 4th best player in the club and he’s very injury prone.
I’m seriously tired of these players holding us to ransom over these contracts these days. Sell him before we get ourselves into another mesut/alexis type situation.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If this guy is really trying to get Özil money then he can honestly **** off to the highest bidder. He’s not even 4th best player in the club and he’s very injury prone.
I’m seriously tired of these players holding us to ransom over these contracts these days. Sell him before we get ourselves into another mesut/alexis type situation.
Out of curiosity I'd love to know who your personal top four best players are in our sqaud.

gkoat

Found on reddit. His reps seem to be liking posts about him signing.

z3udggakjob11.jpg

Either the agent is making some big demands we're earnestly trying to meet or Emery is not 100% sold on renewing and is stalling. Our business team made 5 signings in 5 weeks. If we 100% wanted this renewal done it would be done. Hard to not believe alternative options are at least being considered. I don't necessarily agree with it but I believe there is a plan at least, hard to believe this is the same dithering we saw from last summer.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I believe he already agreed a deal, but you know, one thing at a time. him signing is a big thing, save the announcement for the perfect moment.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Out of curiosity I'd love to know who your personal top four best players are in our sqaud.
Ramsey is a huge liability in the midfield.
Leaving so much space in our midfield for the opponent team to exploit. Literally being absent when the team is needed to defend.
Ramsey and Xhaka are meant to be the defensive wall, surrounding our castle.
Without half a ****ing wall, no matter how tough the other half is, the enemies would get in. Stupid people would ridiculously blaming the existing wall for its fail, but in fact, the problem is actually stemmed from the missing half.

Ramsey does not focus on making the perfect pass and movement to create space for our attacking players, instead, he want to be the attacking player. So we have one less midfielder linking up play and dictating tempo in the midfield area, thus providing us less possession. He does not have the ability to make beautiful through passes. His ball control is poor. And he has a low football IQ.

To conclude:
1 Ramsey as a midfielder, does not protect our defensive line, therefore we conceded more goals as a team.
2 He does not help to provide possession, which we’d score less goals overall.
3 His poor touches and techniques reduce our possession, which again, would result in conceding more goals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If he's not signed by the end of next week,then sell. Wilshere has already done a great Flamini impression. Don't want Ramsey copying Ox and Alexis. That was toxic.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If he's not signed by the end of next week,then sell. Wilshere has already done a great Flamini impression. Don't want Ramsey copying Ox and Alexis. That was toxic.
I wouldn't worry Ramsey is a model pro.

Hard to see him phoning in games like Ox or becoming alienated like Alexis. Even with 11 months left no agent plants in the press.

TheArsenalis

Emery has to be happy with him. Given that he is a very fit lad. And we need the numbers. Even if he end being a sub player. He is crucial.

Last edited:

TheArsenalis

Ramsey is a huge liability in the midfield.
Leaving so much space in our midfield for the opponent team to exploit. Literally being absent when the team is needed to defend.
Ramsey and Xhaka are meant to be the defensive wall, surrounding our castle.
Without half a ****ing wall, no matter how tough the other half is, the enemies would get in. Stupid people would ridiculously blaming the existing wall for its fail, but in fact, the problem is actually stemmed from the missing half.

Ramsey does not focus on making the perfect pass and movement to create space for our attacking players, instead, he want to be the attacking player. So we have one less midfielder linking up play and dictating tempo in the midfield area, thus providing us less possession. He does not have the ability to make beautiful through passes. His ball control is poor. And he has a low football IQ.

To conclude:
1 Ramsey as a midfielder, does not protect our defensive line, therefore we conceded more goals as a team.
2 He does not help to provide possession, which we’d score less goals overall.
3 His poor touches and techniques reduce our possession, which again, would result in conceding more goals.
His goals are an act of compensation. He used to be so tenacious in midfield harrassing the opposition. All that side od his game went missing.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I wouldn't worry Ramsey is a model pro.

Hard to see him phoning in games like Ox or becoming alienated like Alexis. Even with 11 months left no agent plants in the press.
He is professional but I'm not sure we can afford the uncertainty or take another financial hit. It's a new project and we need all and any first teamers fully on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom