• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

Was one of our best players. The control he has with the ball at his feet is insane. Got himself into good positions to create good chances but unfortunately the forwards squandered them all.

He wasn't great mate in all honesty. We looked much better without him and Xhaka on the pitch, Ramsey was poor pre-season as well.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Was one of our best players. The control he has with the ball at his feet is insane. Got himself into good positions to create good chances but unfortunately the forwards squandered them all.
Surely trolling..

emilursin

read somewhere that he only had a pass accuracy of 66%, i get that he played more upfront, but that is just not good enough,,,

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
There isn't a single club that has made a serious approach for Ramsey this summer even though he was going into the final year of his contract.

He's still in his prime years and he's a HG midfielder.

Guess he isn't that good afterall. :lol:

lucky7

I'll
Agreed. It does not even have to be an argument of the Ramsey out fraction and Ramyey in fraction, it was hardly a game where we could see his worth in that position as we've been pretty much outplayed till Ramsey left the field.

He cannot replace Laca and we should start both, PEA and Laca anyways, but we still have to judge Ramsey in a game where we play better as a whole and have more control in the game
I agree about reserving judgement of our play as well as individual players (to an extent) until we see more and get Emery's system integrated.

I do wonder though if we (still) lack an offensive player that imposes themselves on opposition. Especially if we play a 442 we're looking to two of Geundouzi, Torreira and Xhaka to run the game. I am loving the two new boys but that's a lot to ask.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
There isn't a single club that has made a serious approach for Ramsey this summer

Where exactly do you get this info from? You're an insider with ties to the upper echelons of Arsenal's hierarchy? Mislintat told you over a cup of coffee when you met him yesterday?

The media reporting or not reporting on this/stuff in general means f*ck all. Football transfer media is on the lowest level of journalism and they make up **** as they go. It's beyond me how anyone can build his opinion on it. It's nice chatter while there's no footie to watch during the summer, but 90% is pure speculation, fiction or strategically planted by buying/selling clubs which doesn't mean it's in any way true/reliable.

Truth is, we don't know if anyone has enquired about him or not, if it happened what fees we're being talked about, if Ramsey and/or the club we're even open to it.

We do know that him and the club have been in talks for a while. First they stalled 'cause of his agency swap, then they stalled for Wenger's adieu and the search for a new manager. Right now most club operatives will probably be more concerned with possible deals for our deadwood over the next two weeks than signing up Ramsey as quickly as possible as the damage with him is already done. Doesn't make a difference now to extend him tomorrow or in November - he's already down to his last year anyway.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Where exactly do you get this info from? You're an insider with ties to the upper echelons of Arsenal's hierarchy? Mislintat told you over a cup of coffee when you met him yesterday?

The media reporting or not reporting on this/stuff in general means f*ck all. Football transfer media is on the lowest level of journalism and they make up **** as they go. It's beyond me how anyone can build his opinion on it. It's nice chatter while there's no footie to watch during the summer, but 90% is pure speculation, fiction or strategically planted by buying/selling clubs which doesn't mean it's in any way true/reliable.

Truth is, we don't know if anyone has enquired about him or not, if it happened what fees we're being talked about, if Ramsey and/or the club we're even open to it.

We do know that him and the club have been in talks for a while. First they stalled 'cause of his agency swap, then they stalled for Wenger's adieu and the search for a new manager. Right now most club operatives will probably be more concerned with possible deals for our deadwood over the next two weeks than signing up Ramsey as quickly as possible as the damage with him is already done. Doesn't make a difference now to extend him tomorrow or in November - he's already down to his last year anyway.

Because most of these things get leaked to the press. That's how it works in 2018.

Ramsey's agent would have gladly leaked to put pressure on the club either to get him more money for his client or force a move away.
Last year we knew Oxlade has attracted the interest from 2 clubs, Chelsea and Liverpool.

We knew Alexis was attracting the interest from several clubs before he left (Bayern City and United) .

So yes if a club would have made a serious approach or offer for Ramsey we would have heard about it. :lol:

Toby

Because most of these things get leaked to the press. That's how it works in 2018.

Ramsey's agent would have gladly leaked to put pressure on the club either to get him more money for his client or force a move away.
Last year we knew Oxlade has attracted the interest from 2 clubs, Chelsea and Liverpool.

We knew Alexis was attracting the interest from several clubs before he left (Bayern City and United) .

So yes if a club would have made a serious approach or offer for Ramsey we would have heard about it. :lol:

Don't really think so. The Alexis Bayern interest was complete bullshit for example. I don't give anything on agent talk, them planting stories or not. Ramsey doesn't need any more leverage via links to other clubs than he already has right now. Same goes for Özil when he was in contract talks. Do you seriously think not one club bar Fener would be interested in Mesut Özil on a free or in the last year of his contract? That's deluded.

Agents planting intel isn't as standard a practice as you make it out to be, it's a lot more common with the big, big money transfers and dirty factions involved. All this "oh bohoo no one's interested haha" talk is too much of a stick to beat our own players with and I'm fed up with it. "Look no one's interested in Özil can't be that good, hm?" **** talk - just cause not everything leaks. We don't now **** about what goes on behind the curtains of the football business and inside clubs.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I'll

I agree about reserving judgement of our play as well as individual players (to an extent) until we see more and get Emery's system integrated.

I do wonder though if we (still) lack an offensive player that imposes themselves on opposition. Especially if we play a 442 we're looking to two of Geundouzi, Torreira and Xhaka to run the game. I am loving the two new boys but that's a lot to ask.

We've been lacking a Mahrez/Bailey/Dembouz for years !!

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Don't really think so. The Alexis Bayern interest was complete bullshit for example. I don't give anything on agent talk, them planting stories or not. Ramsey doesn't need any more leverage via links to other clubs than he already has right now. Same goes for Özil when he was in contract talks. Do you seriously think not one club bar Fener would be interested in Mesut Özil on a free or in the last year of his contract? That's deluded.

Agents planting intel isn't as standard a practice as you make it out to be, it's a lot more common with the big, big money transfers and dirty factions involved. All this "oh bohoo no one's interested haha" talk is too much of a stick to beat our own players with and I'm fed up with it. "Look no one's interested in Özil can't be that good, hm?" **** talk - just cause not everything leaks. We don't now **** about what goes on behind the curtains of the football business and inside clubs.

The Alexis to Bayern link were genuine you can Google it if you want their guys officially said Alexis was too expensive for them. So yes there have been contacts. :lol:

And yes I do think there wasn't a single club ready to meet our valuation of Özil AND pay him the 300k/week he wanted.
On a free yes there might have been some clubs interested. But not a transfer fee + 300k/week.

(and for the record as much as I rate and love Özil I don't think he's worth the 300k/week but this is another debate) .

I think it's also the case for Ramsey there wasn't a single club that was ready to meet our asking price and his wage demands. :lol:
Tbf if he was that good and that important as some people might think he would have been sold for a CL club like the Ox was sold. His agent would have leaked it to the press and maybe forced a move.

I'm not saying he's a bad player but if a player doesn't attract interest from other big clubs going into the final year of his contract when you can get him cheaper then he might not be the very good player some people think he is.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The Alexis to Bayern link were genuine you can Google it if you want their guys officially said Alexis was too expensive for them. So yes there have been contacts. :lol:

And yes I do think there wasn't a single club ready to meet our valuation of Özil AND pay him the 300k/week he wanted.
On a free yes there might have been some clubs interested. But not a transfer fee + 300k/week.

(and for the record as much as I rate and love Özil I don't think he's worth the 300k/week but this is another debate) .

I think it's also the case for Ramsey there wasn't a single club that was ready to meet our asking price and his wage demands. :lol:
Tbf if he was that good and that important as some people might think he would have been sold for a CL club like the Ox was sold. His agent would have leaked it to the press and maybe forced a move.

I'm not saying he's a bad player but if a player doesn't attract interest from other big clubs going into the final year of his contract when you can get him cheaper then he might not be the very good player some people think he is.

So according to your logic the 40-50m offer from ManU which was in place for Ramsey last year was not legit, but everything that fits the argument is ?

If you take those leaks you have to include everything because this was in the media for about two weeks

Toby

Contacts? That's already speculation. From what I've gathered from german sources at the time it was more like Bayern (like everyone else) knew Alexis wanted to leave, sniffed a bit around him and backed out the moment they realized what kind of money he was looking for. They even officially said they weren't interested - that's usually a very good bullshit barometer and discredits most of the links. The whole story was cooked much hotter than it actually was.

You don't even know for sure what he's on, how the payments are structured and if other clubs were seriously interested or only sniffing around the situation, how much they would've been willing to pay him, or if he would've been open to a salary less than 300k just for the prospect of playing for someone else. It's all very much speculation funded on speculative media reports.

Maybe the players want to stay at Arsenal sometimes? If a player is on a dodgy deal, clubs must be openly try to sign him or else it means he's ****e, not good enough or worse.

Wanting a payrise doesn't mean I want to change my employer. If I don't see eye to eye with my employer during the negotiations I might opt to look for opportunities elsewhere, but if I just want a better deal, I'm not going into talks with the stance I'm certain to leave. Maybe Özil and Ramsey both said "look I want to stay, definitely, but we need to find a good agreement and that's why I'm not instantly going out talking to other clubs". Maybe they did talk to other clubs - or their agents at least. We can't know for sure and anything the media writes has to be taken with massive amounts of salt.

Aevi

Hale End FC
The role Emery gave him played a big part in his iffy performance. It'd be foolish to try the same thing against Chelsea, but on second thought I wouldn't mind if he were played again in his usual deeper role.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm fine with him starting in place of Xhaka with Torreira next to him. Ramsey at his absolute worst doesn't reach the depths of uselessness that make up Xhaka's baseline level. That's the only place he should play though. Anything more advanced than that is to the detriment of the team IMO.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The role Emery gave him played a big part in his iffy performance. It'd be foolish to try the same thing against Chelsea, but on second thought I wouldn't mind if he were played again in his usual deeper role.
Usual?? He had been living in the opponent box for the past couple of years.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm fine with him starting in place of Xhaka with Torreira next to him. Ramsey at his absolute worst doesn't reach the depths of uselessness that make up Xhaka's baseline level. That's the only place he should play though. Anything more advanced than that is to the detriment of the team IMO.

Feel the same. Given our other options, he probably should start as a central midfielder next to Torreira. I’d only do it against non-top 6 though

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Ramsey is like a smart kid who had potential to be a great doctor or something but his father told him that he needs to be a farmer.
His development was a complete mess and when you add that horrible injury to that, you get the results we see today.
He came to the club as a decent technical midfielder with good energy and passing and his early development was going into that direction before the injury. After that, he lost a bit of pace which is natural considering what happened and he lost quality on his first touch which is also normal because he was out for a long time.
His purple patch came and I'm not sure anymore if that was good or bad because he scored some goals but stopped playing as a CM, fans and the manager didn't care as long as goals were coming, but the goal count after that patch is not that impressive considering the cost. My idea is that he was never trained for that role, he doesn't have shooting technique, he can't shoot outside of the box, he can't create space for himself and completely depends on timing of his runs and defensive mistakes or lucky bouncing of the ball (he did score/assist quite a few goals that were more luck than anything else). He is unreliable goal source, and offensively, doesn't provide much other than that.

Currently, he is "hero" of the fans for whatever the reason, can't play CM anymore, doesn't have attacking quality to play more advanced roles, makes life hard for the management with his contract, yet still there is global idea that Arsenal is doomed without him and we need to give him insane money and position that doesn't have description or tactical arguments.
Let's be honest here, this guy would hardly get a place on the bench in 2002-2004 and we survived losing much better players, so what's the reason for all this nonsense with him? People cried less when we lost Henry and Vieira ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom