• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm fine with him starting in place of Xhaka with Torreira next to him. Ramsey at his absolute worst doesn't reach the depths of uselessness that make up Xhaka's baseline level. That's the only place he should play though. Anything more advanced than that is to the detriment of the team IMO.

I agree! I like Ramsey further forward as he does for Wales but if we do that then Laca misses out. For me we have to play Laca & Auba, if that means Auba on the wing so be it. I would go 4-3-3

Auba----------Laca--------Özil

With all 3 switching during the game to give us a dynamic attack. Ramsey & Douzi behind them with Torreira just behind them;

Ramsey------Douzi
--------Torreira

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I agree! I like Ramsey further forward as he does for Wales but if we do that then Laca misses out. For me we have to play Laca & Auba, if that means Auba on the wing so be it. I would go 4-3-3

Auba----------Laca--------Özil

With all 3 switching during the game to give us a dynamic attack. Ramsey & Douzi behind them with Torreira just behind them;

Ramsey------Douzi
--------Torreira
Replace Xhaka with someone better if you want to.
The fact that I would play Xhaka instead of Ramsey is not because I think Xhaka is good, I just want anyone but the **** ****ing Ramsey.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The fact that I would play Xhaka instead of Ramsey is not because I think Xhaka is good, I just want anyone but the **** ****ing Ramsey.

Ramsey has his faults but is head and shoulders above Xhaka. It's no coincidence that he is one of our best players every season, even with his faults.

TheArsenalis

Your hiding behind the vast consensus that wants xhaka out lol.

None of them in midfield covered themselves in glory. Knowing arsenal fans they will turn on guendouzi soon enough.

The xhaka thing is ongoing wont change even he has a blinder of a season. I wouldn't try to defend him either.

If you watcht the game then listen to the opinion, totally skewed.

We lost a fight against a team most couldn't spar with.

BobP

Memri Fan
This is a more general comment but we shouldn't obsess over identifying our 'perfect' lineup. The 'perfect' lineup changes from game to game and largely depends on the opposition. For instance, Emery will sometimes opt to play both Laca and Auba, or choose to play Özil through the middle when the situation is right.

Was Ramsey great against City? Not exactly, although we shouldn't overlook the fact that he had an injury cloud hanging over him. Regardless, I can definitely see the advantages of playing him through the middle, particularly against a team like City. He has incredible stamina, which coupled with his eagerness to press the opposition is something which marks him out as a defensive asset. The center is a strategically important area of the pitch, you can't have a player like Özil who, shall we say, lacks the proclivity, in a defensive sense, to play in that part of the pitch against the bigger teams.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Was Ramsey great against City? Not exactly, although we shouldn't overlook the fact that he had an injury cloud hanging over him. Regardless, I can definitely see the advantages of playing him through the middle, particularly against a team like City. He has incredible stamina, which coupled with his eagerness to press the opposition is something which marks him out as a defensive asset. The center is a strategically important area of the pitch, you can't have a player like Özil who, shall we say, lacks the proclivity, in a defensive sense, to play in that part of the pitch against the bigger teams.

Why not play Welbeck for that role? Welbeck leads the press far better than Ramsey, and it's not like Ramsey is that much better of a finisher than Welbeck. So too can Lacazette play the role better. Ramsey has low football IQ, ill discipine and he's the last person you want to be leading a press.

TheArsenalis

Why not play Welbeck for that role? Welbeck leads the press far better than Ramsey, and it's not like Ramsey is that much better of a finisher than Welbeck. So too can Lacazette play the role better. Ramsey has low football IQ, ill discipine and he's the last person you want to be leading a press.
Watch raheem sterling run across him to score. Just watched him, he was the only player outside the box with no one to mark. Smh

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Watch raheem sterling run across him to score. Just watched him, he was the only player outside the box with no one to mark. Smh
The first goal was all on Gwendouzi imo. He tries to close Sterling down from the wrong angle and got easily bypassed. Moreover he blocks Bellerin who was tracking sterling giving him the chance to get his shot away. Douzi also led to the Aguero chance and vacated the mf while trying to press city for the second goal. Playing him was the wrong option, should've started with Torreira.

TheArsenalis

The first goal was all on Gwendouzi imo. He tries to close Sterling down from the wrong angle and got easily bypassed. Moreover he blocks Bellerin who was tracking sterling giving him the chance to get his shot away. Douzi also led to the Aguero chance and vacated the mf while trying to press city for the second goal. Playing him was the wrong option, should've started with Torreira.
The goal wasn't particularly anyones fault. We was in trouble, only a block from someone inside the box could maybe have helped. BUT..help from outside the box was there. He wasnt far off from play, he ddnt even make sterling consider him. He was just watched it happen. He shut off completely. Ball watching

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This is a more general comment but we shouldn't obsess over identifying our 'perfect' lineup. The 'perfect' lineup changes from game to game and largely depends on the opposition. For instance, Emery will sometimes opt to play both Laca and Auba, or choose to play Özil through the middle when the situation is right.

Agreed, and should point out my line up was with Chelsea in mind. As Wenger always said, I only look at the next match! :)

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Where does Ramsey fit in Unai’s 4231? He’s not getting ahead of Matteo/Lucas/Granit in midfield and he’s not better than mesut/mkhi/iwobi as a #10 either. Are we seriously going to pay this guy 200k/w for his press against the big teams?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Where does Ramsey fit in Unai’s 4231? He’s not getting ahead of Matteo/Lucas/Granit in midfield and he’s not better than mesut/mkhi/iwobi as a #10 either. Are we seriously going to pay this guy 200k/w for his press against the big teams?
we'll end up playing 4-3-3 at times this season it's emery fav formation and he'll be part of 3 midfield of Torreira Xhaka/Matteo.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Start him ahead of Xhaka. I really dont know why we cant start him in the midfield and tell him to play like midfielder. He is easily our best midfielder.
because he bomb forward and leave Torreira alone just like he does with Xhaka. but if Ramsey start with Torreira and Matteo then yes he can start ahead of Xhaka

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
we'll end up playing 4-3-3 at times this season it's emery fav formation and he'll be part of 3 midfield of Torreira Xhaka/Matteo.
How do you know it’s his favorite formation? Wasn’t he forced to play that way in psg?
Wasn’t the idea (fan theory) that we would play 433 in matches like this and 4231 against smaller teams with a #10?
Surely we’d play 433 today if we were ever going to play it.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
How do you know it’s his favorite formation? Wasn’t he forced to play that way in psg?
Wasn’t the idea (fan theory) that we would play 433 in matches like this and 4231 against smaller teams with a #10?
Surely we’d play 433 today if we were ever going to play it.
i think with Sevilla when he won 3 europa league trophies he usually played 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-3

because he bomb forward and leave Torreira alone just like he does with Xhaka. but if Ramsey start with Torreira and Matteo then yes he can start ahead of Xhaka

He should just be instructed to not bomb forward unless chasing goal. His movement is elite most of the times and that is why attacking managers like Wenger and Emery like his forward runs. But Ramsey is good tackler and has insane engine that can be useful just playing in the midfield.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
He should just be instructed to not bomb forward unless chasing goal. His movement is elite most of the times and that is why attacking managers like Wenger and Emery like his forward runs. But Ramsey is good tackler and has insane engine that can be useful just playing in the midfield.
I don’t think we need his late runs if we have 4 attackers in front of our midfield 2. Those 2 should focus on building up from the back and keeping it tidy in defense. Ramsey does neither well enough imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom