• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He should just be instructed to not bomb forward unless chasing goal. His movement is elite most of the times and that is why attacking managers like Wenger and Emery like his forward runs. But Ramsey is good tackler and has insane engine that can be useful just playing in the midfield.

There has been games in the past when Ramsey did not bomb forward, just stayed at the back. And he was absolutely terrible in those games, constantly giving the ball away and screwing us up. You need more than engine to be a good midfielder, you need brains, passing, awareness, positioning, concentration....... all which Ramsey do not have.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This idiot should have been sold in the window. Can't believe we're allowing him to hold us ransom. This is a huge message to players around the world. One which I thought we were stamping out in this new era.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He won’t sign an extension now. Too much money on offer if he just sits it out for another 4 months. Hopefully we start to build the team without him in it from this point forward.
Wasn't this the case a month ago anyway... Can't believe we're being held ransom by Aaron Fecking Ramsey. WTF! End of 2015 I'd have been okay with that but not now.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Wasn't this the case a month ago anyway... Can't believe we're being held ransom by Aaron Fecking Ramsey. WTF! End of 2015 I'd have been okay with that but not now.
I think mkhi, Danny, mesut and aubameyang will probably leave as free agents as well.
Sven has to work overtime to save us from this mess.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think mkhi, Danny, mesut and aubameyang will probably leave as free agents as well.
Sven has to work overtime to save us from this mess.
3 of those 4 players you mentioned are locked to contracts till 2020 at least.. Bit confused by this comment but I think what you're trying to say is we've slipped into an unhealthy culture of allowing this sh!t to happen. Am I right?

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
3 of those 4 players you mentioned are locked to contracts till 2020 at least.. Bit confused by this comment but I think what you're trying to say is we've slipped into an unhealthy culture of allowing this sh!t to happen. Am I right?
Danny is on his last year and the rest are getting old and are on some pretty high wages which smaller clubs can’t afford. And that’s the next step in their careers unfortunately unless a Chinese/ME club bail us out.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Hazard is on 200k/week.
KDB is on 280k and has just signed a new contract.

Ramsey is anywhere near these 2. Even in this crazy market he's at best a £150k/week

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Problem is when you handout 350k p/w to Özil then you open the door for something like this to happen.
Sorry Must add to this. You're correct but missing detail, should be as below:
Problem is when you handout 350k p/w to Özil and he continues to play with no effort, desire or vigour then you open the door for something like this to happen with a player like Ramsey who has coasted 90% of the time he has been here..

ALso, why is the spelling of this forum set to American English? This is a British team...

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Sorry Must add to this. You're correct but missing detail, should be as below:
Problem is when you handout 350k p/w to Özil and he continues to play with no effort, desire or vigour then you open the door for something like this to happen with a player like Ramsey who has coasted 90% of the time he has been here..

ALso, why is the spelling of this forum set to American English? This is a British team...

In Ramsey's defense- he has scored the 2 most important goals in the last decade for us. Still does not deserve the 250k p/w he is looking out for.

Özil on the other hand is just a controversial figure atm. Really needs to look at himself because he is actually nicking a living, his performances for the past 2 seasons have been piss poor. (I'm not even a Özil hater tbh)

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
In Ramsey's defense- he has scored the 2 most important goals in the last decade for us. Still does not deserve the 250k p/w he is looking out for.

Özil on the other hand is just a controversial figure atm. Really needs to look at himself because he is actually nicking a living, his performances for the past 2 seasons have been piss poor. (I'm not even a Özil hater tbh)
Yes, can't take away that Charlie George esque FA cup goal. Loved that. I hate Ramsey because I don;t know whether to love him or hate hm but this contract issue has me hating him.

No Özil hater eityher but he is pssing me off!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Hazard is on 200k/week.
KDB is on 280k and has just signed a new contract.

Ramsey is anywhere near these 2. Even in this crazy market he's at best a £150k/week

Tbf if Hazard were to sign a new contract it would be way higher than now. You cant really compare 1st contract wages with a contract for an established player. Having no fee obviously changes the wage being offered. This doesn't mean I think we should pay him crazy money, just that £150 to £200k/week is acceptable when your not forking out for a replacement. I don't want to see him go elsewhere, if he does I hope its abroad. One good thing is we are not forced to play him like we were Alexis. If he doesn't sign let him rot!

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Tbf if Hazard were to sign a new contract it would be way higher than now. You cant really compare 1st contract wages with a contract for an established player. Having no fee obviously changes the wage being offered. This doesn't mean I think we should pay him crazy money, just that £150 to £200k/week is acceptable when your not forking out for a replacement. I don't want to see him go elsewhere, if he does I hope its abroad. One good thing is we are not forced to play him like we were Alexis. If he doesn't sign let him rot!

Salah has just signed a 200k/week deal mate last month.

Ramsey shouldn't get anywhere near that.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why the hell did we keep without signing a new deal. Whatever you think of him as a player he remains one of our top assets in terms of attainable fee.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I doubt he is asking for more than 150k if we offer the renewal when most clubs do with 18/24 months left.

We created this problem not Ramsey now give him **** for bending us over when we are not in the Champions League, spending less than rivals & have a manager he has no loyalty to.

How many would do different in his position? Like **** I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom