• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Why the hell did we keep without signing a new deal. Whatever you think of him as a player he remains one of our top assets in terms of attainable fee.

Emery really liked him and wanted to work him mixed with Ramsey saying all along that he'd be staying this season. Plus Ramsey is a professional, he'll give everything regardless of how long is left on his contract.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Emery really liked him and wanted to work him mixed with Ramsey saying all along that he'd be staying this season. Plus Ramsey is a professional, he'll give everything regardless of how long is left on his contract.

I don't doubt that he'll give his all. But a club with our model shouldn't be throwing away 30M+.

Might've even allowed us to shift the team around and go for a real wide player.

Tir Na Nog

I don't doubt that he'll give his all. But a club with our model shouldn't be throwing away 30M+.

Might've even allowed us to shift the team around and go for a real wide player.

Why? He's one of the most professional guys around.

The fact of the matter is he had no interest of leaving this summer, it's not like we could have forced him to leave. He still has a family and more importantly a pregnant wife to think about we can't just sell him to some club that he doesn't want to be at and force him to relocate.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why? He's one of the most professional guys around.

The fact of the matter is he had no interest of leaving this summer, it's not like we could have forced him to leave. He still has a family and more importantly a pregnant wife to think about we can't just sell him to some club that he doesn't want to be at and force him to relocate.

What does Ramsey being professional have to do with the club throwing away money? Every year we hear the same crap about the lack of funds but we're just giving up a good fee.

You're talking like we would've flogged to Everton. :lol: If Arsenal were looking to sell I doubt he'd have been resolute in staying, and there would have been plenty of clubs him would've taken in interest in.

Tir Na Nog

What does Ramsey being professional have to do with the club throwing away money? Every year we hear the same crap about the lack of funds but we're just giving up a good fee.

You're talking like we would've flogged to Everton. :lol: If Arsenal were looking to sell I doubt he'd have been resolute in staying, and there would have been plenty of clubs him would've taken in interest in.

We ****ed up with this situation well before this summer though. The fact is that this summer Emery wanted to keep him and Ramsey didn't want to leave, nor was it like there was a host of clubs ready to start a bidding war for him. Most clubs know he'll be free next summer and will be prepared to wait.

If Ramsey contributes to us getting back into top 4 or winning the Europa League (and he was certainly excellent in the EL last season) then I'll certainly take that over any potential money that we could have got for him, which wouldn't have been all that much given the circumstances.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I could still see him becoming a key starter this season.

Midfield positions seem like musical chairs at the moment. Whoever in place for the first good performance / win will be in luck.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Ramsey is a player that is not on the list of my favorite players, I think he has many technical weaknesses, but still I saw him as an asset with his ability to score goals, and I think with Xhaka he managed to excel on that his strength. I imagined him, Torreira (as a DM) and Xhaka will become the strongest midfield in PL this season but it seems that Emery is not trying to build on existing players but to rebuild something from scratch. I doubt he will be successful.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Easy story to write for clicks but I have been surprised with the amount of senior players Emery has no problem with potentially pissing off in just two games we are expected to lose.

... Ramsey dropped, Xhaka subbed at half time, Özil taken off early when we need a goal, Lacazette a squad player.

Sure its bold, strong, etc but reality is he needs these players to be on side if he wants to succeed this season & not be sacked by the new CEO.

TheArsenalis

Easy story to write for clicks but I have been surprised with the amount of senior players Emery has no problem with potentially pissing off in just two games we are expected to lose.

... Ramsey dropped, Xhaka subbed at half time, Özil taken off early when we need a goal, Lacazette a squad player.

Sure its bold, strong, etc but reality is he needs these players to be on side if he wants to succeed this season & not be sacked by the new CEO.
He won't make it by being a coward, those players he pulled weren't exactly putting man of the performances. Shame about lacazette he deserve a start.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

I agree with you in principle but the three players you mention divide opinion like no other. It's a huge risk but I'm not against getting rid of all three and trying to start again. We survived the loss of Cesc and Nasri in one summer, both of whom were more effective and integral in their roles. All this feels like a slow and painful death.

scytheavatar

Established Member

The reality is that these players need to either perform or GTFO of our club......... "expect to lose" is complete nonsense. With the right performance we could have very easily gotten at least a draw against Chelsea. How can we possibly finish top 4 this season when we are expected to lose against the team that finish 5th place last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom