• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I noticed John Cross also reported the same story. Could be Ramsey’s agent leaking stuff to the papers. Wouldn’t be the first time.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
It came across my mind that he dropped him, but I can't bite that the players were 'shocked'. Maybe the usual suspects who were getting it on easy while playing here, but I doubt many players were angry at someone being dropped for underperforming. Especially those on the fringes who see that everyone might get a fair chance to prove under the new system.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Strange that they are saying he was dropped. Maybe he was. I just assumed it was because of his calf injury and he was being protected.

If he was dropped then it begs the question why wasn't he moved on prior to the window closing?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Strange that they are saying he was dropped. Maybe he was. I just assumed it was because of his calf injury and he was being protected.

If he was dropped then it begs the question why wasn't he moved on prior to the window closing?

Because he doesn’t want to move at the minute? He has more choice as a free agent and that’s probably in his thinking. You can’t sell him if he refuses to leave.

thierrytheking14

:lol: at team mates being shocked at the manager dropping a player whose performance he found unsatisfactory. The poor little flowers.
This is exactly what I wanted from Emery. One of my biggest criticisms of Wenger in the last year's of his tenure was no matter how sh*te an established player played, you could bet your ass that his name would be on the team sheet the following week.

We need a culture where if you play poorly you damn well should be looking over your shoulder for a starting spot.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Because Emery believed Ramsey could be coached into becoming the centerpiece of his new pressing strategy, and it is worth trying to keep hold of him for that. Problem is that it soon became obvious that Ramsey is uncoachable and only plays for himself. And his place in our team is questionable.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Because he doesn’t want to move at the minute? He has more choice as a free agent and that’s probably in his thinking. You can’t sell him if he refuses to leave.
Perhaps he doesn't. My gut is still telling me he was rested and any story coming out now is an attempt to weaken his hand whilst keeping the club plausible deniability for the story itself. Equal conjecture between what you've said and what I've said.

Though if there is any truth to it then it still leaves the question why have we only recognised this now. Emery had "in depth knowledge" of the players. A full pre season , friendlies and closed friendlies. Surely red flags should be raised before the first competitive game and certainly before our best opportunity to get maximum value from him vanished.

Instead it would appear we've put maximum effort into retaining him as opposed to trying to punt him. Yes it still requires his consent to leave just as it requires his consent to sign a new deal. Any truth to that story suggests we've made a horrible error in judgement. But imo it's inaccurate and would refer you to the above, he was rested due to injury and anything in the media is an attempt to strengthen our hands in talks.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Salah has just signed a 200k/week deal mate last month.

Ramsey shouldn't get anywhere near that.

If Salah is happy with 200k that's his decision, he could get more than that if he wanted to. If we had continued top 4 and CL maybe Ramsey would have signed a year ago, you cant always blame the player for not signing!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If Salah is happy with 200k that's his decision, he could get more than that if he wanted to. If we had continued top 4 and CL maybe Ramsey would have signed a year ago, you cant always blame the player for not signing!
Um.. A massive part of why we didn't get champions league was because of our rubbish midfield.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Agreed, and our rubbish defence and our rubbish attack. Oh you can add rubbish game plan, rubbish team selections, rubbish coaching!
A) We've got a new manager with a new system
B) We've got a great attack which has only had a few months together
C) New coaching staff and different team sheet

So what the Fvck is his issue? Nobody else wants him. He's being a mercenary and he has no right to.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The reality is that these players need to either perform or GTFO of our club......... "expect to lose" is complete nonsense. With the right performance we could have very easily gotten at least a draw against Chelsea. How can we possibly finish top 4 this season when we are expected to lose against the team that finish 5th place last season?
I didnt think any of Ramsey, Xhaka & Özil performed any worse than expected based on previous performances in such games. If that was not up to standard we should have signed additional players down the spine.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I didnt think any of Ramsey, Xhaka & Özil performed any worse than expected based on previous performances in such games. If that was not up to standard we should have signed additional players down the spine.
Both Ramsey and Özil have performed in big games for us before. To deny this is absolutely ludicrous. It is not unrealistic to expect this of them again. We know they;re capable that is why they're so frustrating.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Both Ramsey and Özil have performed in big games for us before. To deny this is absolutely ludicrous. It is not unrealistic to expect this of them again. We know they;re capable that is why they're so frustrating.
2-0 to this City team & 3-2 away at Chelsea after last seasons performances away from home are not bad results. Thats my point with all of this.

I am surprised with the manager taking risks with senior players so early. Its a dangerous game.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Most reports during the previous year were saying Ramsey was looking for a "superstar PL contract".

The thing is he's nowhere near this level.
He isn't even a top 5 midfielder in the league.
He's an injury prone player.

Our wage bill is by far the worst among the top 6.
We have players like Kolasinac on £120k/week who don't even get games for us. This is insane.
Even the best fullbacks/defenders in the league don't get this kind of money. Azpi gets 120k
Even if we got him on free.
Who on Earth would want to take kolasinac from us if we decide to sell him? Who wants to pay more than 100k/week for a fullback that has been mostly injured and has been so average?

Why do you think we have such a hard time getting rid of our players? Because they are massively overpaid.

Anything more than 150k/week for Ramsey would be terrible business from us. Salah is on 200k/week. Hazard too. Kanté is still on 120k/week (he might get 290k soon though).
Ramsey is not a +200k/week player.

Let him go. He is nowhere near that kind of money. And we won't be able to sell him if he gets it.
We can easily find a better CM that is more suited to our team needs.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

The windows in Spain and Germany are still open. I'd rather see them sell him there than keep him around if there's going to be a problem. Or maybe they can flip him to Manchester United for Martial in January. Last January's swap worked out alright for Arsenal. :D

TheArsenalis

If that is the case then please leave, because we are not certa8n of champions league next season. And if that's your reason for not signing. At least do yourself and arsenal a favour and do one.

This isn't benefiting nobody.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Most reports during the previous year were saying Ramsey was looking for a "superstar PL contract".

The thing is he's nowhere near this level.
He isn't even a top 5 midfielder in the league.
He's an injury prone player.

Our wage bill is by far the worst among the top 6.
We have players like Kolasinac on £120k/week who don't even get games for us. This is insane.
Even the best fullbacks/defenders in the league don't get this kind of money. Azpi gets 120k
Even if we got him on free.
Who on Earth would want to take kolasinac from us if we decide to sell him? Who wants to pay more than 100k/week for a fullback that has been mostly injured and has been so average?

Why do you think we have such a hard time getting rid of our players? Because they are massively overpaid.

Anything more than 150k/week for Ramsey would be terrible business from us. Salah is on 200k/week. Hazard too. Kanté is still on 120k/week (he might get 290k soon though).
Ramsey is not a +200k/week player.

Let him go. He is nowhere near that kind of money. And we won't be able to sell him if he gets it.
We can easily find a better CM that is more suited to our team needs.
Gotta wonder why players like Hazard et al don't want to come here. We pay you to sit on your a$$ half the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom