• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Nice logic from the club... Claiming they will 'not be held to ransom' while being held to ransom.

The guy can sign a pre agreement in 130 days. Will be getting in the region of 200k or we lose a 30m asset for nothing.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Think Ramsey might be in for a shock if he thinks someone is going to pay him £200,000 a week, even as a FA.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Nice logic from the club... Claiming they will 'not be held to ransom' while being held to ransom.

The guy can sign a pre agreement in 130 days. Will be getting in the region of 200k or we lose a 30m asset for nothing.

I'd rather let him go on a free than give him 200k/week.
Ramsey isn't worth it. He isn't a 30M asset there wasn't a single club that came for him this summer while being on his last contract year.

There isn't a single chance that any club would offer £30M+ for Ramsey after he signs a 200k deal.

If we give him this kind of money we won't be able to get an upgrade in midfield for years.
We will struggle with another overpaid player that isn't worth it.

200k+ wage is for a top top player. Ramsey isn't even a top 5 midfielder in this league.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Ramsey isn't worth it. He isn't a 30M asset there wasn't a single club that came for him this summer while being on his last contract year.

There isn't a single chance that any club would offer £30M+ for Ramsey after he signs a 200k deal.

If we give him this kind of money we won't be able to get an upgrade in midfield for years.

200k+ wage is for a top top player. Ramsey isn't even a top 5 midfielder in this league.

True, imagine having two underperformers in the middle of the park that leech 550k from the club every week. Poverty financial management.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

I dont think Ramsey has played his hand publicly yet. His agent is playing it all very well.

We really have no idea if he wants to get paid, move to a domestic title challenger or move abroad.

For me he would cost in the 30m range to replace. The 200k is defo above market value but that is the fault of the club. I have no issue with the player milking them for inept contract management.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

2-0 to this City team & 3-2 away at Chelsea after last seasons performances away from home are not bad results. Thats my point with all of this.

I am surprised with the manager taking risks with senior players so early. Its a dangerous game.

It's what this club needs tbh - if players don't like it, they need to be binned. Özil, Ramsey, Xhaka, it doesn't matter to me - blow it all up.

I hope the executive team are right behind Emery in this.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If that is the case then please leave, because we are not certa8n of champions league next season. And if that's your reason for not signing. At least do yourself and arsenal a favour and do one.

This isn't benefiting nobody.

Has he had the chance to leave? I didn't follow the window last week so I really don't know if any club abroad wanted him. We apparently said any player who doesn't sign with a year left will be sold, if a club did come in for him we should have done what we said, assuming the price was acceptable. I have no issues with players who don't sign, I wanted to sell Alexis last summer but we clung on and lost out. If they don't commit, get them out, no player is bigger than the club!

TheArsenalis

Has he had the chance to leave? I didn't follow the window last week so I really don't know if any club abroad wanted him. We apparently said any player who doesn't sign with a year left will be sold, if a club did come in for him we should have done what we said, assuming the price was acceptable. I have no issues with players who don't sign, I wanted to sell Alexis last summer but we clung on and lost out. If they don't commit, get them out, no player is bigger than the club!
I don't know either, just paper talk linking him with clubs all over.

nick gould

Good observation. He has one or two good attributes but his weaknesses are pub level. Just let him go. We will never have a balanced midfield with Ramsey around.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
At no point would I have been against moving Ramsey. Merely indifferent. He has some very strong qualities, but also some glaring weaknesses and he's never been consistent. But as far as I'm concerned, if they can get some team in Spain or Germany to give them £20 million for him by the end of the month, I'd do it.

In fact, I don't care what they get for him. I don't want another contract situation hanging over the club. Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi and Elneny will be enough until Maitland-Niles gets back. Iwobi can play in the positions Ramsey did in a pinch. Or they could give youngsters a chance. I don't begrudge Ramsey whatever money he gets. It's his right to get as much as he can. But this should have been settled sooner, one way or the other, and I don't think he's worth nearly £220,000 a week to Arsenal.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Internet rumour only. Ramsey apparently wants £270k per week. The club have said no. Chelsea are favourites to sign him apparently-probably because his wife is expecting and he doesn't want to leave London. We must do all we can to sell him abroad or to Utd even if we take a smaller fee.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Internet rumour only. Ramsey apparently wants £270k per week. The club have said no. Chelsea are favourites to sign him apparently-probably because his wife is expecting and he doesn't want to leave London. We must do all we can to sell him abroad or to Utd even if we take a smaller fee.
Link?
Utd would be worse honestly but I couldn’t care less when it comes to this guy. Never really liked him

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Won't really be bothered too much with losing Ramsey apart from being a little concerned about losing the 8-10 ish goals he provides every season regardless of playing time. Either we replace that with a better end-product player or someone like Iwobi or Özil has to step up and be more productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom