• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

skip spence

Aaron has been and remains one of our very best players. Haven’t seen many of our games as of late but last Saturday I saw him do all the stuff he so often is criticised (here) for not being able to, playing a disciplined game and keeping possession well without unnecessary risk.

Can’t believe people are calling for Ramsey to get dropped for Mhiki? Ridiculous..

Jae

Aaron has been and remains one of our very best players. Haven’t seen many of our games as of late but last Saturday I saw him do all the stuff he so often is criticised (here) for not being able to, playing a disciplined game and keeping possession well without unnecessary risk.

On his day he is mate, but those days are few and far between, and therein lies the problem.

Although in his defence, you could quite easily apply that statement to quite a few players in our team.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I don't get why Emery pushes him higher by default. Özil will drift in to occupy that space and Ramsey is a lot better in terms of efficiency when operating from deep.

Apart from that I thought he had an okay game doing his job. Just like Özil he cannot score, assist or dominate games week in week out.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The sun says he asked to be subbed off because he got too tired. That’s just confirms that he is over the hill. That wasn’t the physically demanding match and Ramsey is renowned for his engine. If his engine is no longer fit for purpose then what’s the point of having him? He sucks in every other way.
27 year olds aren’t allowed to get tired? He played 90 minutes twice in the space of 3 days and then another 80 minutes 6 days later. That’s demanding for anyone, let alone an all action player like Ramsey. He probably learned from past mistakes when he overextended himself and picked up muscle injuries. It doesn’t make him over the hill.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
He must have been our 5th? youngest player starting vs Newcastle + has a better engine than most the team.

I would worry about a few of the others fitness / stamina wise before Ramsey.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I hadn't thought about this until the Everton match, but I think Torreira could help Ramsey take his game up another level.

Torreira sits deep and so does Xhaka, so with both of them playing we need a midfielder to stay centrally to help transition the ball out of defense.

With Guendouzi playing instead of Torreira, he likes to dribble the ball into the attacking space. Torreira doesn't dribble in the same way, so Ramsey needs to drop into midfield and collect the ball.

Ramsey isn't an exceptional dribbler, and his ball retention is fine, but most importantly he's decisive on the ball and looks to make killer passes. Ramsey got two assists today from occupying a spot in the middle of the field. In the first half, we were a mess because Ramsey focused on making runs instead of collecting the ball.

This guy could create and finish chances, and he would no longer be so focused on making off the ball runs and playing almost like a second striker.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He really didn't have good game emery should sort out his position and we need to use his energy to help us pressing from front at the moment he not doing it

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He was pivotal for us in getting the win and had a good piece of fortune with the second assist.

There was a period of play that looked straight of the training ground. Defender into Ramsey back again, back to Ramsey back again and then back to Ramsey but this time the pass went around the corner to Bellerin. Magical bit of play.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
His roaming must drive opposition crazy to

He brings so much And it is sad that everybody doesnt see it

Every run he makes and is picked up by a defender is one less defender to Mark Laca/Auba or press Özil and the cms

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom