• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You can say what you want about Ramsey, but one thing is certain, he’s an Arsenal legend. He signed with us when he was 17, has been here for 10 years now. Picked us over United. Had his leg almost sawn in half. Fought himself back to health, overcame subsequent mental issues and scored the winning goal in two FA cup finals. You won’t find many better stories than this in world football. And above all, he has been a great professional, always respectful and an ambassador for the values of Arsenal football club. Deserves way more respect imo.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Im just looking forward to Ramsey getting the tactical coaching he needs. Imagine a disciplined Ramsey! A Ramsey who knew exactly what his role was.....
Its the opposite for me.

He needs to be surrounded by disciplined players so he can go do his **** with no repercussions.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Pretty clear from Xhaka immediately getting a new deal that he's a big part of Emery's plans along with Rambo.

Weird how all these top professional managers rate these guys when so many on here don't.
They're midfielders with particular strengths and noticeable weaknesses.

My problem with Ramsey is sometimes he overthinks and overdoes things when he doesn't need to. If he simplified things a bit more, he'd be so much more effective. I've lost count the amount of times he's killed counter attacks because he dawdled or took a touch too many. My dad still doesn't rate him after all this time :lol:. I like Ramsey though, I'm glad he's staying, just hope he can learn to keep it simple more often.

blaze_of_glory

They're midfielders with particular strengths and noticeable weaknesses.

My problem with Ramsey is sometimes he overthinks and overdoes things when he doesn't need to. If he simplified things a bit more, he'd be so much more effective. I've lost count the amount of times he's killed counter attacks because he dawdled or took a touch too many. My dad still doesn't rate him after all this time :lol:. I like Ramsey though, I'm glad he's staying, just hope he can learn to keep it simple more often.
Oh I've gotten so frustrated with him many times. But the frustration is because of how how good he can be when he stays focused and keeps is simple like you say. Unfortunately he went through what seemed to be close to two years of not sorting himself out following his break out season, and only in this most recent season has gotten back to being consistently good (imo). But when he is able to cut out the needless stuff and play smart he is a dominant midfielder.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Weird how all these top professional managers rate these guys when so many on here don't.

Such a **** argument, am I meant to think a player is great because managers select them? If Ramsey was all that he would have more suitors after him now that he's on his final year but no we're just gonna give more money to an inconsistent injury prone player.

ThlRama

Player:Saka

Managers do make mistakes. It's not easy to balance things out being new in a club. However, I reckon most in here expect both Xhaka and Ramsey to improve under the new manager, meaning that they thought they underperformed a bit the last couple of seasons under Wenger.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey & Nelson look like the big contracts to get done.

So far those signed have been the low hanging fruit. No big achievement for the new power structure.

Guess you could even argue either way if Emery decisive in Xhaka deal or just club protecting assets like with Elneny & Chambers. Deals not done overnight usually.

say yes

forum master baiter
You can say what you want about Ramsey, but one thing is certain, he’s an Arsenal legend. He signed with us when he was 17, has been here for 10 years now. Picked us over United. Had his leg almost sawn in half. Fought himself back to health, overcame subsequent mental issues and scored the winning goal in two FA cup finals. You won’t find many better stories than this in world football. And above all, he has been a great professional, always respectful and an ambassador for the values of Arsenal football club. Deserves way more respect imo.

At the risk of opening the ‘what makes someone a legend’ can of worms - he’s really not.

Could become one if he sees out his career at the club while leading us to a league title however. Particularly if he gets the captaincy.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
So Walcott is an Arsenal legend?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

At the risk of opening the ‘what makes someone a legend’ can of worms - he’s really not.

Could become one if he sees out his career at the club while leading us to a league title however. Particularly if he gets the captaincy.
For me he already is. Maybe for others he is too. And I expect him to become captain one day too. If you have more requirements that’s your opinion which is also valid.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Agreed. We'll leave it at this but so much more to say on it.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Such a **** argument, am I meant to think a player is great because managers select them? If Ramsey was all that he would have more suitors after him now that he's on his final year but no we're just gonna give more money to an inconsistent injury prone player.
There have been plenty of rumours stating he has suitors. Certainly more rumours stating clubs want him than don't want him. So seems pretty strange you'd say that when the available evidence suggest other top clubs would welcome Ramsey.

wayne189

Always thought he was at his best as a box 2 box mid as he was decent at tackling tracking back and his foreward runs less predictable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom