• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I want him to stay moreso than Özil. However, unless we get Champions League money - we simply can not afford him. Our last regime (Wenger and Gazidis) really screwed up with Özil's contract - even tried to justify why it was value for money.

It will probably cause our longest serving player to leave :(.
However, if it means Emile Smith Rowe will get promoted to the first team - then okay.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm really interested to see how his season will end here. There is no chance for him to take back one of CM spots as Xhaka, Torreira and Guenduzi are covering that with AMN and Elneny offering some depth. I think Iwobi will take his advanced role if he continues to play like this, and there is always Özil waiting to claim his number 10 role.
From football point of view club did well to let him go, and I also don't think Ramsey was that important for our shirt sales.
This season could be really bad for him from now on, but I always had that feeling that Arsenal is gentleman club and he will receive support from everyone until his last day (in terms of dealing with media and playing time).

Come on Hydro. Of course he's capable of touches n flicks like that but its hardly the norm with him is it? Consistency has always been Rambo's biggest issue.

I could pick out a video of a league two player scoring an absolute worldie of a goal after nice build up play. Doesn't make him worth 200k a week though does it?

I actually think Ramsey is capable of playing quickly most of the times.

And no you can't pick a league two player scoring a goal like that. And if you could that would be in league two. FFS.

And yes he is worth 200k per week.

thierrytheking14

I actually think Ramsey is capable of playing quickly most of the times.

And no you can't pick a league two player scoring a goal like that. And if you could that would be in league two. FFS.

And yes he is worth 200k per week.
Not arguing that he isn't capable. It's just the Ramsey we see the majority of the time doesn't.

That's Matty Burrows. Glentoran vs Portadown. Northern Irish league. Absolute tekkers. Earns about £300 a week.

My main issue isnt giving Ramsey £200k a week either. It's blocking a potential new signing for a player we genuinely need (winger?) coming in. It's all relative.

Not arguing that he isn't capable. It's just the Ramsey we see the majority of the time doesn't.

That's Matty Burrows. Glentoran vs Portadown. Northern Irish league. Absolute tekkers. Earns about £300 a week.

My main issue isnt giving Ramsey £200k a week either. It's blocking a potential new signing for a player we genuinely need (winger?) coming in. It's all relative.

He is capable and he aint blocking anything. You need to take it up with Kroenke and Gazidis why we haven't sign winger yet.

thierrytheking14

He is capable and he aint blocking anything. You need to take it up with Kroenke and Gazidis why we haven't sign winger yet.
Mate why do you get so defensive? Settle down. You almost take it personal when someone doesn't agree with you.

The rumblings that have been posted lately is that the wages he has asked for could have a knock on effect for other transfer business. Ideally of course I'd like to keep Ramsey and make a big investment in January. But it doesn't look like that's the way it's going to pan out.

IslingtonBornandbred

I don't think it's comparable though. We are talking about an international player who has over 50 caps for Wales, was voted in team of the tournament at Euro 16, and has nearly 250 appearances for Arsenal. Matty Burrow or whatever his name is would probably be blowing out of his backside after 15 minutes of training with an elite team like Arsenal. Yes, the end product of the flick is comparable but it's levels apart in terms of the actual player quality.

A lot of discussion has been about the "Ramsey we saw against Fulham and how good he was" and "but he doesn't play like this every week". The Ramsey we saw against Fulham or in the purple patch is exactly the same Ramsey we are seeing now. The purple patch was just that, a purple patch that could be repeated in sections of the season in the future but in that patch everything he hit and touched when in the back of the net. He's still the same player.

The issue with Ramsey is two folds. One are the injury problems partly mismanaged by our previous medical team and also a lack of direction/development of him as an individual player similar to the way Iwobi was going under the previous coaching staff. We don't know what Ramsey is as a player or what his best position is because he wasn't developed properly. He's not selfish, he doesn't just play for himself, he's just been allowed to "express himself and play with freedom" which has resulted in this situation where we know he has quality and he has the stamina/attributes to also be an absolute work-men in central midfield but he's been caught in-between because of the lack of direction. You just have to look at Ox's statements about the focus on where he stands and why, when he presses and why, the positions he has to take up and the extra demands in terms of his role and team-shape. This was clearly lacking previously.

I'd rather he stayed but at this stage I'm indifferent because the future success of Arsenal and winning trophies doesn't depend on Ramsey, Monreal, Mustafi, Welbeck, Cech etc...it depends on Auba, Laca, Torreira, Özil etc and getting higher quality signings around this group.

thierrytheking14

I don't think it's comparable though. We are talking about an international player who has over 50 caps for Wales, was voted in team of the tournament at Euro 16, and has nearly 250 appearances for Arsenal. Matty Burrow or whatever his name is would probably be blowing out of his backside after 15 minutes of training with an elite team like Arsenal. Yes, the end product of the flick is comparable but it's levels apart in terms of the actual player quality.

A lot of discussion has been about the "Ramsey we saw against Fulham and how good he was" and "but he doesn't play like this every week". The Ramsey we saw against Fulham or in the purple patch is exactly the same Ramsey we are seeing now. The purple patch was just that, a purple patch that could be repeated in sections of the season in the future but in that patch everything he hit and touched when in the back of the net. He's still the same player.

The issue with Ramsey is two folds. One are the injury problems partly mismanaged by our previous medical team and also a lack of direction/development of him as an individual player similar to the way Iwobi was going under the previous coaching staff. We don't know what Ramsey is as a player or what his best position is because he wasn't developed properly. He's not selfish, he doesn't just play for himself, he's just been allowed to "express himself and play with freedom" which has resulted in this situation where we know he has quality and he has the stamina/attributes to also be an absolute work-men in central midfield but he's been caught in-between because of the lack of direction. You just have to look at Ox's statements about the focus on where he stands and why, when he presses and why, the positions he has to take up and the extra demands in terms of his role and team-shape. This was clearly lacking previously.

I'd rather he stayed but at this stage I'm indifferent because the future success of Arsenal and winning trophies doesn't depend on Ramsey, Monreal, Mustafi, Welbeck, Cech etc...it depends on Auba, Laca, Torreira, Özil etc and getting higher quality signings around this group.
The last paragraph I 100% agree with. I'd rather he stayed if it was feasible. He has an affinity with the club, he's scored some crucial goals and won us trophies because of it and he works his arse off for us.

But were not really in a position to be offering £200k for what he brings to the party. That's more or less on par with likes of Salah and Hazard. It just doesn't add up.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Saunders reckons hes a number 10 thoughts??
Not a #10 but personally I see that as a positive & makes him more viable for potential suitors.

Cant wait until we can move away from the #10 role at Arsenal focusing on controlling the midfield & width in the attacks. Its a luxury you cant afford to carry unless a balanced team packed with quality.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
https://www.spotrac.com/epl/rankings/weekly/

scroll through the list and see where you would put ramsey. definitely not 200k. his current salary pretty much reflects his level, maybe 10k more would be okay for both parties.

edit: welbeck's also pretty high up there. you can see why we're letting him go, even though i really like his season so far.
Yet there is bench boy Micky signed by this regime at #17 on 150k a week who also received a 8m signing bonus.

Also our back up left back sitting at #47 on 120k a week & average as ****.

The contract up changes everything with demands.

Beast Incarnate

Almost every player under Emery has improved this season except Ramsey.

'B-b-but he scored a back-heel goal against a shambolic Fulham defence in a game that was already won.' A good 10 seconds doesn't erase his total trash performances in the other games this season.

The alleged 200-250k Ramsey wanted is ludicrous. That would make him our 2nd highest paid player. Laughable to even suggest he's worth that.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Almost every player under Emery has improved this season except Ramsey.

'B-b-but he scored a back-heel goal against a shambolic Fulham defence in a game that was already won.' A good 10 seconds doesn't erase his total trash performances in the other games this season.

The alleged 200-250k Ramsey wanted is ludicrous. That would make him our 2nd highest paid player. Laughable to even suggest he's worth that.
He's worth ~half that, but he'll probably get it from a Manchester club or Chelsea, and we should let him take it.

Probably should have sold him off in the summer and given Unai a bit more dough to work with, but that's amore.

Wryer

Here's my take of the story - A contract was on the table for Ramsey for a while, probably even before Emery came, but not at 250k. Ramsey's camp wanted more and tried to play poker and fell flat on their faces.

For Ramsey's camp to come out and say Arsenal retracted the contract was just ridiculous. And the disappointed/self-entitled way Ramsey reacted after the story broke (when he was subbed and after he scored) was just mind boggling.

The contract was on the table, you wouldn't accept and that's that. No deal basically. The management decided cut losses and plan ahead. We should have approached contracts like this eons ago, especially for players who (this is going to offend people, but purely my view) are not what we consider crucial.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Because of Ramsey we are playing Özil out of position....... right now Iwobi is in undroppable form while a strong case can be made that Mkhi is underrated and deserves to be playing more. We can sell Ramsey and we absolutely do not need to buy a replacement for him.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
https://www.spotrac.com/epl/rankings/weekly/

scroll through the list and see where you would put ramsey. definitely not 200k. his current salary pretty much reflects his level, maybe 10k more would be okay for both parties.

edit: welbeck's also pretty high up there. you can see why we're letting him go, even though i really like his season so far.
Those salaries are insane, Kolasinac on the same as Kante and double Nacho? Son on double Alli? Iwobi and AMN on the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom