• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He is better than Özil at this moment in his career. I just wouldn't pay him 200K - it will upset the balance of the rest of the team.

Why can't we just give him a 10 million sign on fee + 150K per week?

I would like for him to retire with us helping us win a title or two.

Giroud12

Mesut Özil is bigger than Arsenal, Ramsey is not. Guy needs to deal with it.

What?

Özil isnt even top 20 on the list of top Arsenal players in history, and he certainly isnt bigger than the club.

He is currently better and younger than Özil and fits much better into Emerys system. Big mistake giving the wages to Özil instead of Ramsey.

Last edited:

GoonerBoy19

Özil might not be bigger than Arsenal but he is a World Cup winner and 5 times German national player of the year.

He is a bigger brand than Ramsey, and much better player on the pitch if complemented with right set of players. This season his performance haven't been great because Emery have moved him wider to accomodate Ramsey as number 10.

Ozils contract was an exception as club did not want to loose both him and Sanchez in one window. We are in much better position this time and can replace Ramsey with a better player which will suit Emery's philosophy.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He is better than Özil at this moment in his career. I just wouldn't pay him 200K - it will upset the balance of the rest of the team.

Why can't we just give him a 10 million sign on fee + 150K per week?

I would like for him to retire with us helping us win a title or two.

If we want to win the title Ramsey is not good enough. We will not be winning the title anytime soon and when we do players on the level of Ramsey will not be the ones leading us to the title.

A strong case can be made that Özil isn't good enough too and both needs to be replaced by better players.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't understand what's all the fuss about, we lost much bigger players than Ramsey in the past so people should just relax. We just replaced him with Iwobi and nobody noticed, that can tell you a lot about his value to the team.
I know Ramsey is likable guy but you should be more realistic here, he doesn't improve us and I would dare to say that we are often worse with him than without him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don't understand what's all the fuss about, we lost much bigger players than Ramsey in the past so people should just relax. .
I think if you actually understand the fact that we're in a transition now but stronger financially and competitively than those times you mention you'll realise that your statement here is very naive.
I'm happy to let Ramsey go but I can understand why people don't want the club to look weak.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I'm happy to let Ramsey go but I can understand why people don't want the club to look weak.

I don't think we look weak, on the contrary, for once we stood our ground in what it seems was a power struggle with Ramsey's agent.

The Özil situation was another matter. We were in a much weaker poisition due to Alexis and Özil's agent exploited the fact we were desperate to hold on to one of our star players. Giving in to Özil's demands made us weaker and now we're trying to rebuild/strenghten our position by refusing Ramsey to get his overvalued contract. We're trying to stop the domino effect IMO.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don't think we look weak, on the contrary, for once we stood our ground in what it seems was a power struggle with Ramsey's agent.

The Özil situation was another matter. We were in a much weaker poisition due to Alexis and Özil's agent exploited the fact we were desperate to hold on to one of our star players. Giving in to Özil's demands made us weaker and now we're trying to rebuild/strenghten our position by refusing Ramsey to get his overvalued contract. We're trying to stop the domino effect IMO.
I agree. I just see why people may misinterpret it due to past events. We are stronger and we're showing it. I also personally believe we got the better deal of the Alexis saga and the only ones to disagree were the media at the time.... Nobody talking that bollocks now are they?

TheArsenalis

Ramsey isn't trash at all, he has a lot in his locker. Skills and penetration that effect the game, the thing where he plays, maybe alongside torrierra as a double pivot with given instructions or as AM alongside another
What?

Özil isnt even top 20 on the list of top Arsenal players in history, and he certainly isnt bigger than the club.

He is currently better and younger than Özil and fits much better into Emerys system. Big mistake giving the wages to Özil instead of Ramsey.
What?

TheArsenalis

I agree. I just see why people may misinterpret it due to past events. We are stronger and we're showing it. I also personally believe we got the better deal of the Alexis saga and the only ones to disagree were the media at the time.... Nobody talking that bollocks now are they?
I don't think we do, just imagine Alexis upfront with lace and aubameyang. Alexis isn't a dud because he is playing crap now. He puts in work on defenders.

Longy

Bottom line is......

We simply do not miss him when he does not play.

Özil is better
Mikhi is better
Iwobi is better
ESR will be better

Xhaka is better
Torreira is better
Douzi will be better
AMN will be better.

I've said for 10 years he is not good enough for Arsenal level if we want to be contenders.
He is fine coming off bench if we are chasing a game as Captain Chaos, but laughable he should be wanting anywhere near what he's asking.
Laughable.

Unai, Sven and Raul understand, they know.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Bottom line is......

We simply do not miss him when he does not play.

Özil is better
Mikhi is better
Iwobi is better
ESR will be better

Xhaka is better
Torreira is better
Douzi will be better
AMN will be better.

I've said for 10 years he is not good enough for Arsenal level if we want to be contenders.
He is fine coming off bench if we are chasing a game as Captain Chaos, but laughable he should be wanting anywhere near what he's asking.
Laughable.

Unai, Sven and Raul understand, they know.
youve been wrong for atleast 2 of those years. probably more. He was really good for a while. Easy to say that in hindsight.

Douzi, amn, esr, xhaka iwobi mikhi have not been better nor are certain to be better. though i agree with douzi/iwobi looking good so far.

Mikhi have been inconsistent at best.

all this said. I wont mind him leaving.

TheArsenalis

[QUOTE="scytheavatar, post: 4682710, member: 6817"]If we want to win the title Ramsey is not good enough. We will not be winning the title anytime soon and when we do players on the level of Ramsey will not be the ones leading us to the title.

A strong case can be made that Özil isn't good enough too and both needs to be replaced by better players.[/QUOTE]

Barf, if i had a penny for everytime i hear a player isnt good enough. Illl leave ramsey for later but Wtf you mean Özil isnt good enough? Do you realise he is a world cup champion league and title holder? Think before you post garbage bra. Now back to ramsey, ramsey has won us 2 trophies now you want to talk this nonsense, really? I dont what goes on i that head of yours or anyone who would post something like this.

Wryer

youve been wrong for atleast 2 of those years. probably more. He was really good for a while. Easy to say that in hindsight.

Douzi, amn, esr, xhaka iwobi mikhi have not been better nor are certain to be better. though i agree with douzi/iwobi looking good so far.

Mikhi have been inconsistent at best.

all this said. I wont mind him leaving.

This.

Ramsey is good, but I think we can do better.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I rate him very highly, he's been a massive part of finally bringing trophies to the Emirates, and I don't like it but I think he's as good as gone.

If the Bale urging Real to sign him stuff is true, I'd hope this happens. Wouldn't like to see him for another english team. Though I think the twins might not be a reason not to move in the summer, but probably his older boy with school and everything. Then again: They have english schools all over the world...so rather Madrid than Liverpool, Utd or Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom