• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sungod

Ramsey had to be played for non footballing reasons too.
He was being courted to sign new contract. Now when when everyone is fit and available and contract thing is buried let's see who is selected.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Not part of the internet crowd. Look at this now and again, bit different to the rest, season ticket holder from the south east. Say this as I’ve had a few. But “fans” online thinking Ramsey leaving is a good thing is pure muggy. No idea. Some people embarrass me. Lad is box to box pure arsenal. ****ing pathetic.
Some **** thinks Aaron ain’t arsenal ain’t from around here and know nothing about what it means to be arsenal.
That inept prick form Manchester gave that passenger Özil a stupid contract then ****ed off to Milan. Ramey that bad is he? You want and see who snaps him up. He will go to a big, big club. He is arsenal through and through and thr club have ****ed it. Anyone who disagrees with that embarrsees me.
Missus not putting out?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Maybe he’s just a fan who can’t wrap his head around how other fans are so gleeful about the prospect of losing a player who’s been here for ten years. Maybe he’s the sort of old-fashioned fan who, y’know, actually likes Arsenal players and doesn’t wage campaigns against them like they’re in f*cking Mean Girls.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Maybe he’s just a fan who can’t wrap his head around how other fans are so gleeful about the prospect of losing a player who’s been here for ten years. Maybe he’s the sort of old-fashioned fan who, y’know, actually likes Arsenal players and doesn’t wage campaigns against them like they’re in f*cking Mean Girls.

Spot on. You can argue about tactical stuff and consistency and output all you want, but in my opinion there's no arguing Ramsey has put it all on the pitch for Arsenal. Longest serving player now, leg break as a youung guy from which he battled back to become at (argubaly too few for various reasons) times one of the best CMs in the league, had a massive hand in bringing trophies to the Emirates and has been one of the standout players and guys at the club in the last few years.

The anti club will come out and say "yeah well that's exactly our point, a guy like Ramsey shouldn't have been one of our best, Arsenal need better quality bla bla" but that's BS. Argue all you want against what he's done for the club but ultimately you can't take that away, especially if you factor in all the context of the last few years. Would he leave if his contract wasn't running out - I'm not too sure. Things that have definitely lacked under Wenger in recent years and would have definitely benefitted Ramsey in a big way - a coherent tactical setup, more hands on individual management approach, specific game preparation and player fitness management - clearly seem to be changing for the better with the new coach and his team. And pointing out it doesn't seem to click for Ramsey in this new setup; well apart from getting the points it doesn't seem to properly click for the whole team yet.

I don't get why it also always has to be a VS. Ramsey vs Santi in midfield, this player against that player. There's been some absolutely embarrassing dross in the kit over the years like Santos, but that's a whole different level and the good players have all had their part in good and bad times, and Ramsey definitely was a good one for the club.

I'm absolutely done with Bellerin and his being a liability in my eyes right now, but if he stays another few years, bangs in two cup winning goals, has stretches of being the best RB in the league, even if patchy, and he's about to get shifted for whatever reasons, you won't find me campaigning against or mocking him.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Longest serving player now, leg break as a youung guy from which he battled back to become at (argubaly too few for various reasons) times one of the best CMs in the league

Breaks leg, club and manager stand by him and give him chances at his worst, becomes longest serving player, then instead of signing da ting and going on to become a legend, blackmails the club for more money, for a few extra tens of thousands of pounds when he already makes a fortune per week. And it's the fans that are to blame for not liking him. OK.

Greedy people I have zero respect for no matter who they are.

Gursha

This all Saga had me gone back and fourth.

At first, i wanted him to sign badly, I love him and he has a huge potential.
Then, The contract negotiation dragged on, with all the gossip and that him and his agent trying to hold the club randsome for a huge bump, and his on field arrogant performances kinda made me think, do you really love Arsenal? does the 20-50K extra on the contract that important to you to put the club you love in such a bad position? contract expires next summer... not agreeing a contract (or stating you wont sign) a good 2-3 weeks before the summer transfer ends, is not caring about the club.

In the end he didnt leave... well, surely now the contract will be agreed, i thought.
And still drags on...
Then the club retracted the offer. and ramsey started playing again like that 13/14 ramsey... humble, making others better, no useless flicks...

My personal opinion, is that Aaron took us needing him for granted, and started playing hard to get, both on and off the field, he played as if he is the best player to ever play for us, trying stupid stuff then just laughing when he fails...
When we retracted the offer, he got back down to earth, 2 performances off the bench, and he was the Aaron Ramsey i remember and loved!
Maybe he learned his lesson?

Ill give him a contract.

I never changed my mind over a player as many time as i did with Aaron...

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Some **** thinks Aaron ain’t arsenal ain’t from around here and know nothing about what it means to be arsenal.

I'm from Camden and I don't rate Ramsey very highly and I think he's a detriment to the team and we're better without him on the pitch.

People who want Ramsey to sign, what are going to do with him if he does sign? Play him CM when we know him, Xhaka and Özil don't make functioning midfield? Play him on the wings? Truthfully for us to move on we need to move away from Ramsey (I'd say Özil too but too late for that). We need to start functioning like an actual team.

Jae

Sick of hearing about this now and seeing people arguing over it. The same thing happened with Sanchez and it had a hand in derailing our season.

Dont care where he goes or what he does. If he's going then it needs to be sooner rather than later so we can move on and not have people talking about it until June.

Stannis

Sick of hearing about this now and seeing people arguing over it. The same thing happened with Sanchez and it had a hand in derailing our season.

Dont care where he goes or what he does. If he's going then it needs to be sooner rather than later so we can move on and not have people talking about it until June.

Sanchez was a diva who wanted out

I don’t think Aaron will commit mutiny, he cleary didn’t plan on leaving in the first place

boyinneedofhumor

People who want Ramsey to sign, what are going to do with him if he does sign? Play him CM when we know him, Xhaka and Özil don't make functioning midfield? Play him on the wings? Truthfully for us to move on we need to move away from Ramsey (I'd say Özil too but too late for that). We need to start functioning like an actual team.
(For the record, I personally dont insist that Ramsey must stay, before I offer an answer to your post. I do hope it need not continue/end as bad as some other ex-players).

Özil, Ramsey in "hole" behind striker. That allows Mkhi to start/compete/cover on left and right.
(We also dont know yet how Welbeck's situation is going to pan out)

I prefer not to throw ESR/Nelson in a "big" game (just because we're short on numbers). If they're in, its really because they're on better form than established players. If not, let them develop for now.

And if we use FB (i.e. Kolasinac, Bellerin) as winger, we lose cover for the FB.
Try imagining a scenario where we have back to back games against strong opponents.

Jae

Sanchez was a diva who wanted out

I don’t think Aaron will commit mutiny, he cleary didn’t plan on leaving in the first place

Sanchez also wanted more money, as did/does Ramsey. If he would have signed the contract on the table when it was on offer instead of trying to play us he wouldn't be leaving.

Sanchez also wanted more money, as did/does Ramsey. If he would have signed the contract on the table when it was on offer instead of trying to play us he wouldn't be leaving.
Exactly. He wanted it so let him get it! In my local language we've got a saying that goes something like "a misfortune that's put upon oneself is not told sorry" And I think Ramsey put that on himself! Yes he's been good a number of times but like someone asked, where will he play! Cos its pretty clear him and Özil on the same team kind of fcuks us up! You know some of you people complaining used to cry for ruthlessness in pushing away dross and players that didn't fit our style of play and for better signings. Now that the club hierarchy is showing intent on treating the neglected wound, you are quick to rubbish their efforts!
The truth is, Unai and the hierarchy saw Ramsey as vital to the team , gave him a contract and he held the club he presumably loves on ransom! The club weighed up his importance and figured that it it did not equal the pay he wanted! Its like when you go to the supermarket and put items on the trolley and when you reach the cashier you don't have enough money and you are forced to return the less important items. Or when your girlfriend keeps asking for money and rarely gives it good in the sack! My brother, the pros have to be weighed against the cons! I'd consider a decision to get rid of him and find a Zahaesq signing a move forward in the right direction for the club. Am you'll sure also appreciate once you see the improvement without him and with a significant addition.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Exactly. He wanted it so let him get it! In my local language we've got a saying that goes something like "a misfortune that's put upon oneself is not told sorry" And I think Ramsey put that on himself! Yes he's been good a number of times but like someone asked, where will he play! Cos its pretty clear him and Özil on the same team kind of fcuks us up! You know some of you people complaining used to cry for ruthlessness in pushing away dross and players that didn't fit our style of play and for better signings. Now that the club hierarchy is showing intent on treating the neglected wound, you are quick to rubbish their efforts!
The truth is, Unai and the hierarchy saw Ramsey as vital to the team , gave him a contract and he held the club he presumably loves on ransom! The club weighed up his importance and figured that it it did not equal the pay he wanted! Its like when you go to the supermarket and put items on the trolley and when you reach the cashier you don't have enough money and you are forced to return the less important items. Or when your girlfriend keeps asking for money and rarely gives it good in the sack! My brother, the pros have to be weighed against the cons! I'd consider a decision to get rid of him and find a Zahaesq signing a move forward in the right direction for the club. Am you'll sure also appreciate once you see the improvement without him and with a significant addition.

I think the tactical conundrum of Özil/Ramsey is a separate issue. Focusing on the contract negotiations, this stuff happens all the time in football but we never get to hear about it. He’s looking for probably the last major contract of his career, and as our longest servant, probably feels he deserves parity or close parity with the club’s highest earners. I can understand that and I don’t begrudge him for trying.

It sounds like a verbal agreement was in place with Gazidis before he went to Milan, but the new management now won’t sanction it. That’s business. Happened with Cashley (remember that text from Vieira telling him to demand more money??) and I’m sure many others. I doubt Emery has much sway under our new model but truthfully none of us know the whole story.

He’s served us well but one of those where a move could be the best thing for all parties.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Then, The contract negotiation dragged on, with all the gossip and that him and his agent trying to hold the club randsome for a huge bump, and his on field arrogant performances kinda made me think, do you really love Arsenal? does the 20-50K extra on the contract that important to you to put the club you love in such a bad position? contract expires next summer... not agreeing a contract (or stating you wont sign) a good 2-3 weeks before the summer transfer ends, is not caring about the club.

In the end he didnt leave... well, surely now the contract will be agreed, i thought.
And still drags on...
Then the club retracted the offer. and ramsey started playing again like that 13/14 ramsey... humble, making others better, no useless flicks...

My personal opinion, is that Aaron took us needing him for granted, and started playing hard to get, both on and off the field, he played as if he is the best player to ever play for us, trying stupid stuff then just laughing when he fails...
When we retracted the offer, he got back down to earth, 2 performances off the bench, and he was the Aaron Ramsey i remember and loved!
Maybe he learned his lesson?

Ill give him a contract.

I never changed my mind over a player as many time as i did with Aaron...

That pretty much echoes my thoughts on Ramsey. I would also give him a contract but at a sensible rate of pay, if he still feels he's worth 200k he can go!

I think the tactical conundrum of Özil/Ramsey is a separate issue. Focusing on the contract negotiations, this stuff happens all the time in football but we never get to hear about it. He’s looking for probably the last major contract of his career, and as our longest servant, probably feels he deserves parity or close parity with the club’s highest earners. I can understand that and I don’t begrudge him for trying.

It sounds like a verbal agreement was in place with Gazidis before he went to Milan, but the new management now won’t sanction it. That’s business. Happened with Cashley (remember that text from Vieira telling him to demand more money??) and I’m sure many others. I doubt Emery has much sway under our new model but truthfully none of us know the whole story.

He’s served us well but one of those where a move could be the best thing for all parties.
I agree with most of this but feel otherwise on the Özil /Ramsey issue. Both players are at their peak ages and to keep both happy you'll have to give them first team action. After all am sure both are professionals and it ain't just about the money!
It just doesn't make sense to me to have two top earners that can't fit in the same team. That would bring a similar problem we had earlier with two very expensive acquisitions in Laca and Auba before Emery figured out a system to accommodate both.
I am also of the popular belief that we've got enough midfielders in the team and could do with winger. If its at the expense of Ramsey/ Özil then so be it. I feel a speedy winger would bring so much to the Emery system. It's about time we had a harmonious pay structure in the club. Overpaying others brings a lot of disharmony in the team and stupid demands from players in contract negotiations.

Last edited:

Stannis

THats true, but I think that’s rameys agenet being fool plus Wenger going.

It was clear Sanchez’s relationship with the players were toast

With Ramsey, I think he never contemplated leaving, he just got arrogant and paid the price

natural

Established Member

Who wants 20-50k extra in his salary, what a lunatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom