• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

boyinneedofhumor

Ramsey will not want to be sitting on our bench, if he is not a starter he will leave us. Period. If we need someone to provide depth to us then we should buy Éver Banega or something (and a strong case can be made that we should), but that has nothing to do with us keeping Ramsey. If Ramsey is not good enough to be a starter then he should just be let go.
Not good enough to start against whom?
Mkhi? Or Özil? (Today's Özil or last month's Özil?)

And we have 4 comps.

(I actually don't disagree with your opening sentence and as a whole. I just find the part "not good enough to start" a foregone conclusion. That I blame on Emery, because I'm optimistic he can do wonders... lolx)

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
When you score the first 15 PL goals faster than anyone in the club history and the fan still say you dont deserve the wage. Typical Arsenal.

DqJHyhzV4AE_Jlv.jpg
Yet we gave the new manager a budget of 70m last summer & the AST have predicted a 40m budget this summer.

Of course he is a great player but when you look at the bonuses Mino got out of us, Aubameyangs deal & the Özil renewal the club has huge financial weights.

Why are we giving players 8.65m & 15.15m bonuses? These are not players signed on free transfers.

4C1A477900000578-5718227-image-m-72_1526054598888.jpg

scytheavatar

Established Member
Not good enough to start against whom?
Mkhi? Or Özil? (Today's Özil or last month's Özil?)

And we have 4 comps.

(I actually don't disagree with your opening sentence and as a whole. I just find the part "not good enough to start" a foregone conclusion. That I blame on Emery, because I'm optimistic he can do wonders... lolx)

Both Mkhi and Özil are under huge wages, and we simply are not a club with the ability to have a 200k-350k per week player sitting on our bench. If we sign Ramsey up in a new contract then either one of Mkhi or Özil HAS to be sold.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Ramsey and Özil can't play together - been saying it for years. If it a choice between those 2, I'll always pick Özil.

And for that exact reason, people saying they can see him at United are crazy as long as Pogba is there. Hopefully Mourinho is dumb enough to give it a try..? Don't think he is.

boyinneedofhumor

Ramsey and Özil can't play together - been saying it for years. If it a choice between those 2, I'll always pick Özil.
I'm actually thinking more towards both of them keeping each other on the edge.
I just didnt spell it out earlier because I figured what will come next...

(D@mn... why must you do this to me? Lolx...)

boyinneedofhumor

Both Mkhi and Özil are under huge wages, and we simply are not a club with the ability to have a 200k-350k per week player sitting on our bench. If we sign Ramsey up in a new contract then either one of Mkhi or Özil HAS to be sold.
I see Mkhi as either left or right. It might eventually be between him and Welbeck instead...

Last edited:

boyinneedofhumor

I'll just add one other thing... why not we try to keep all if budget allows, till they win something collectively for consecutive seasons?

I'm enjoying the spirit that I saw amongst the players for the past few games...

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

He can stay but not for the figures quoted, anyway i think his replacement is already done. No way you pull a contract and have no one to come in.

Manberg

Predator
I'd like to keep both Ramsey and Özil too.
Even if only one plays, having the option between 2 top players is great to have.

ThlRama

Had to overpay for these guys when you don't have CL football to offer.

And still not sure we overpaid. If you analyse the Mkhi transfer bonus aside, it was basically a bargain. And Aubameyang is one of the best CFs in the world, he cost less compared to Lukaku or Morata for example, let alone Higuain. If you add his bonus on top of his transfer fee, he still was pretty much worth that I would say.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
That kind of defeats the point of getting Mkhi the first place. We didn't particularly need or want him, the deal was supposed to be that we were getting value out of Sanchez who was desperately wanted by Manu and wanted out.

Instead we end up paying this huge salary to a player who is certainly not better than Ramsey. Cannot see how he is anything other than a bench player for us even if Ramsey leaves. Özil is more talented, Iwobi stronger and much more energy.

ThlRama

Instead we end up paying this huge salary to a player who is certainly not better than Ramsey. Cannot see how he is anything other than a bench player for us even if Ramsey leaves. Özil is more talented, Iwobi stronger and much more energy.

It's not about being better than Ramsey, it's about being more suited to our needs. Mkhitaryan can replace Özil if he gets injured, Ramsey cannot. Mkhitaryan can contribute from wide in a 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 or 3-4-3, Ramsey cannot. Aaron fits nowhere in this teams of ours to be honest, he can only function in a midfield three and Emery isn't using that, it's clear as daylight as it's the only system we haven't played yet.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
That kind of defeats the point of getting Mkhi the first place. We didn't particularly need or want him, the deal was supposed to be that we were getting value out of Sanchez who was desperately wanted by Manu and wanted out.

We were missing some stability on the ball and Mkhi provides that, but he certainly earns more than what he should. Ramsey did offer some goals in the past, but since we are covered on that, Mkhi has a greater value for us.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It's not about being better than Ramsey, it's about being more suited to our needs. Mkhitaryan can replace Özil if he gets injured, Ramsey cannot. Mkhitaryan can contribute from wide in a 4-2-3-1, Ramsey cannot. Aaron fits nowhere in this teams of ours to be honest, he can only function in a midfield three and Emery isn't using that, it's clear as daylight as it's the only system we haven't played yet.
I'm not arguing to keep Ramsey and get rid of Mkhitaryan. I am saying Mkhi was a bad deal and don't see him as being good enough for the first XI. Which complicates matters when contract negotiations with more regular starters come up.

ThlRama

I am saying Mkhi was a bad deal

That remains to be seen, in my opinion. In quite a few games since he joined he has been instrumental, the most recent example being our game at Fulham. I don't think it's easy to find a player who can do the playmaking for our team in Özil's absence, and Mkhitaryan on his day is that kind of player.

For me between January and May he was our best player, together with Aubameyang of course. He had some meh showings even then, and on a couple of occasions he has been bad this season too, jury's still if I'm asked.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
That remains to be seen, in my opinion. In quite a few games since he joined he has been instrumental, the most recent example being our game at Fulham. I don't think it's easy to find a player who can do the playmaking for our team in Özil's absence, and Mkhitaryan on his day is that kind of player.

For me between January and May he was our best player, together with Aubameyang of course. He had some meh showings even then, and on a couple of occasions he has been bad this season too, jury's still if I'm asked.
I don't disagree with any of that but the key phrase is "in Özil's absence". When contract renewals come up it will be the phrase on every agent's lips to justify their client earning at least as much as a player who is essentially back-up.

ThlRama

I don't disagree with any of that but the key phrase is "in Özil's absence". When contract renewals come up it will be the phrase on every agent's lips to justify their client earning at least as much as a player who is essentially back-up.

I think that a team's best players need good backups. If we want to build the team around Özil, which we should do, we should have someone who can operate in the hole, especially since Mesut is somewhat prone to minor injury and illness, and has limited stamina. Mkhitaryan is the only player in our squad who fits that bill right now, he's the only one we've had since Rosicky left tbh. On top of that, he can operate as an inside playmaker in a 4-2-3-1 as I pointed above, and we do lack players for those wide positions too, we only have him, Welbeck and Iwobi who are kind of naturals there, then also Aubameyang as a more direct option and that's it. 4 players for 2 spots, the bare minimum. I think Henrikh does have a very clear role here for now.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Yes. It is a luxury to have such a good player as back up but our wage structure is already being affected by it and it will only get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom