Aaron Ramsey: Arsenal Have Retracted Contract Offer

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevius, Jan 29, 2016.

1. field442

field442 Abandoned Emery because of Cech

Rubbish.

DanDare likes this.
  2. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

If there's any buyers I'd get rid in January. Looks to be phoning it in this season. Dreadful.

krackpot likes this.
  3. Manberg

Manberg Active Member

Apart from the blunder at the end he didn't do too badly as a DM.

ThlRama likes this.
  4. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

He's out of petrol on the highway and cruising in neutral, desperately seeking a gas station.

5. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Didn’t do too badly is very vague

6. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

It was Ramsey being Ramsey. I will not shed a tear when he leaves.

Oh_Snap likes this.
  7. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Do you kick puppies to?

bingobob likes this.
  8. DanDare

DanDare Spreading positive vibes

Won’t miss him

Was never gonna make it as a CM with a first touch like his and it’s no contest between him and Özil for me.

Trilly, andeoch1 and Oh_Snap like this.
  9. MustOezil

MustOezil Active Member

Amazing post and fantastic read. Thank you for the insights

m-due and Toby Andrl like this.
  10. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Still Not a Mod

Love seeing my favourite poster @Toby Andrl get stuck in.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  11. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

I was all for letting Ramsey go in January for whatever we could get for him but that was before Welbecks injury last night. That only leaves us with 6 senior players for 4 positions, Auba, Laca, Özil, Mkhi, Iwobi and Ramsey. Assuming Danny is out for the season and we let Ramsey go we would probably need to sign 2 forward players and that would be extremely tough in January.

12. andeoch1

andeoch1 Member

Could bring Nelson back...

ThlRama likes this.
  13. Mraven

Mraven Active Member

Yeah, let take Nelson home from a very succesful loan so he can take Ramseys spot on our bench.

I'm not worried about Ramsey at all. He will stay until the summer and AMN is a direct replacement. Maitland-Niles is more talented both physically and techincally

DanDare likes this.
  14. tap-in

tap-in :-)

Don't rule out Smith-Rowe, he's coming on so well and could play a subs role from Jan onwards. Tbh, I think he's one of the reason's we pulled the plug on Ramsey.

15. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

Smith-Rowe is another like Nketiah & Nelson, supremely talented and could become massive players for us but I would be worried about loading too much on them too soon.

I could see us starting next season with,

Laca - Nketiah
    Auba - Iwobi
    Özil - Smith-Rowe
    ? - Nelson

But I have a feeling that right now is a little too soon and would like to see that ? filled with someone like Zaha, Pepe, Saint-Maximin, Under etc. in January. I would definitely hope that we will move Mkhi on this summer to make space for Nelson and Smith-Rowe though.

16. tap-in

I think Smith-Rowe has jumped ahead of the others, he's being used in EL which is more than the others and he's doing a good job of it. Nelson I really like, I think he'll be back with us next season for sure. Nketiah I also really like but I'm worried he's not getting any chances, he was close the other day but Welbeck's injury stopped him coming on. Agree with Mkhi, I've been disappointed with him, he wont be easy to shift on though. Re your list above, I'm hoping Iwobi is a starter, he pretty much is now and he's improving all the time.

17. MustOezil

MustOezil Active Member

Speaking of Smith Rowe, I agree that he got shot up the pecking order. I wonder what will happen to Joe Willock who got so much time last year?

18. Beast Incarnate

Beast Incarnate Well-Known Member

Where are all the posters that were clamouring for us to give him a 300k a week contract after scoring against a shambolic Fulham defence. :lol:

kraphtous, Trilly and DanDare like this.
  19. tap-in

I don't think Willock has a future here. With the new set up ie Sven, Raul, Emery, we are now looking for a different type of player. I think that has killed Willocks future here, if he had a future anyway.

20. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

More future here than Lucas Perez I guarantee ;)

tap-in likes this.