• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I was all for letting Ramsey go in January for whatever we could get for him but that was before Welbecks injury last night. That only leaves us with 6 senior players for 4 positions, Auba, Laca, Özil, Mkhi, Iwobi and Ramsey. Assuming Danny is out for the season and we let Ramsey go we would probably need to sign 2 forward players and that would be extremely tough in January.
Raul said this re January window “It's there for emergencies," continued Sanllehi. "A big injury or if something is really not working and you need to recover there."

Welbeck injury puts him out for the season so i think we will make a move for someone and if Ramsey leaves then we absolutely have to do something.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Raul said this re January window “It's there for emergencies," continued Sanllehi. "A big injury or if something is really not working and you need to recover there."

Welbeck injury puts him out for the season so i think we will make a move for someone and if Ramsey leaves then we absolutely have to do something.

The problem with going for a player in Jan as cover for injury, means you may miss out on the player you prefer in the summer because they are not available in Jan. Obviously if a target you want can be got in Jan then great. Personally I'd rather use what we have to cover Welbeck and even Ramsey if he goes in Jan, I don't think he will.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Think it would be a big mistake to let him go. Him and Özil both have to start, don't care if it's done via 4 CMs in midfield or if Xhaka needs to ride the bench in games like yesterday's.

Would be funny though if he's reunited with Wenger in Munich come summer. The German football media is all over this transfer, that's why I think the interest is legit.

https://sportbild.bild.de/bundeslig...ey-arsenal-transfer-poker-58218440.sport.html

https://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/f...vom-fc-arsenal-in-pole-position-10317223.html

Calcio Mercato names AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus Turin, Atlético Madrid, Liverpool and Sp**s as interested

https://www.eurosport.de/fussball/b...ey-vom-fc-arsenal-dran_sto6999799/story.shtml

https://www.sport.de/news/ne3419822...delt-im-winter-mit-arsenal-star-aaron-ramsey/

progman07

Established Member
Think it would be a big mistake to let him go. Him and Özil both have to start, don't care if it's done via 4 CMs in midfield or if Xhaka needs to ride the bench in games like yesterday's.
We always want to see change when things aren't going well, but I don't think Özil - Ramsey has ever worked. A few starts for Aaron and people will wish for Xhaka back to the first team.

To be honest, our squad is absolutlely unbalanced, players like Ramsey-Özil-Mikhartian somehow do not work well together, and two of our three best players (Laca-Auba) should be competing for the same place in the lineup, so it doesn't make Emery's life easier.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
but I don't think Özil - Ramsey has ever worked.

They actually had a neat understanding in their first few seasons together. It kind of only dropped off over the last two.

The squad is somewhat unbalanced, but also just kind of unsuited to possession play. A narrow 442 with a deep square press would be more suited to the team, situationally opting for a 4231.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Came off as a bit of a **** yesterday against Vorska. I was cringing watching him continuously demand the ball.

If it was someone like Auba, he would have given the ball to Eddie for the penalty.
Celebrated his goal like he had just landed a Zlatan bicycle kick. Getting on my nerves this lad. Needs to go.,

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Former Stoke player Dave Kitson basically confirms what we've known all along. That Tony Pulis is a sub-human piece of filth who set out his players to break Arsenal player's limbs and that Ramsey's leg break was inevitable.

Just makes me fume more a the media falling over each other making excuses for the brutality these clowns inflicted . Not just Stoke but Birmingham , Sunderland , Chelsea . The referees could have prevented this,but they bought into all the malarky aboutt the physical game ,cost 3 players their football careers and us a title in 97.

Have always thought that was part of the reason Hleb and Fabregas left . They knew deep down we were a marked team and it could happen to them next .

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Have always thought that was part of the reason Hleb and Fabregas left . They knew deep down we were a marked team and it could happen to them next .

I’m not sure about Hleb but it’s plain obvious why Fabregas left, it had nothing to do with the physicality of the game.

Stoke finally got what they deserved with their anti-football tactics. They’re on their way back to obscurity where they belong.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I’m not sure about Hleb but it’s plain obvious why Fabregas left, it had nothing to do with the physicality of the game.

Stoke finally got what they deserved with their anti-football tactics. They’re on their way back to obscurity where they belong.

I said I always felt PART of the reason , if you see 3 ankles busted on the pitch it can scar you mentally .

Scant consolation for me , since Shawcross and Pulis go off scot free .

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I said I always felt PART of the reason , if you see 3 ankles busted on the pitch it can scar you mentally .

Scant consolation for me , since Shawcross and Pulis go off scot free .

Maybe in hindsight but I don’t believe it played any part in Fabregas’s decision to leave at that time.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Maybe in hindsight but I don’t believe it played any part in Fabregas’s decision to leave at that time.
I'm not so certain we can be sure of that. The Eduardo break seriously affected our players. @celestis statement isn't actually that far fetched. We expect these players to be fearless on the pitch but at the end of the day they are humans too. Not saying it was the sole reason but it could have weighed in some what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom