• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Think Ramsey/Xhaka is good enough to challenge for the PL but his durability is a massive, massive issue. Got a pretty bad feeling that Wenger is going to stick fat with Rambo only to be let down by the usual muscular injuries...

In Wenger's mind that will probably be a risk worth taking because Jack and Cazorla will be back to cover him.

What are the odds of all three of them getting injured at the same time? :rolleyes:

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I am a big fan of a simplified Ramsey, when he wasn't chasing goals and playing like an actual midfielder next to Arteta he was almost perfect.

When he started chasing goals and adding useless flair to his game, I started hating him. Seems like he has found a balance of both and the question there is how long until he starts chasing goals again?

At one point he was playing as a forward. As many know, once his game is simplified, he is a much better player to watch.

I am a big fan of a simplified Ramsey, when he wasn't chasing goals and playing like an actual midfielder next to Arteta he was almost perfect.

When he started chasing goals and adding useless flair to his game, I started hating him. Seems like he has found a balance of both and the question there is how long until he starts chasing goals again?

At one point he was playing as a forward. As many know, once his game is simplified, he is a much better player to watch.

Ramsey has always chased goals. People like to talk about Ramsey engine but there is interview from Wenger talking about Ramsey always know where to be to hurt the opposition.

3-4-3 system will suit him well. Like having defensive mid behind Rams and Xhaka that actually sits.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ramsey has always chased goals. People like to talk about Ramsey engine but there is interview from Wenger talking about Ramsey always know where to be to hurt the opposition.

3-4-3 system will suit him well. Like having defensive mit behind Rams and Xhaka that actually sits.
That interview came just before he got an extension and just before the purple patch started. Everyone thought Wenger was deluded when he said "When Aaron starts scoring he won't stop".... Although he did eventually stop.

Marmaduke

Scoring goals for most players is a cyclical affair, you especially can't expect any midfielder to keep up high numbers unless he is at teams that just dominate 80 percent of their opposition like Madrid or Bayern.

Given how Arsenal in general yo-yos in form throughout the year...

Godwin1

Very well-known

3-4-3 system will suit him well. Like having defensive mit behind Rams and Xhaka that actually sits.
Yeah he'd be much more effective in a 3, I don't feel comfortable about the prospect of having a 2 of him and Xhaka over the course of a season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah he'd be much more effective in a 3, I don't feel comfortable about the prospect of having a 2 of him and Xhaka over the course of a season.

Not such a problem for me with a back 5, him and Xhaka worked well in tandem with the wing backs with an extra CB covering behind them.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I still don't think he's an elite midfielder but I'm willing to be happily proved wrong. Could you see this guy getting into any of the tops sides midfield? Personally, no. He has his strengths but he still doesn't have the tekkers to control the centre of the park against the very best.

In my opinion he's a similar mould to a Rakitic but of a lower level. Should he up his game, he'll be a very good player in our team and squad and I can certainly see a nice partnership with a Xhaka beside him, and possibly a DM in behind or both of them behind an AM.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
who is this Welsh player claiming to be our Aaron Ramsey? is he a twin of the fake Olivier Giroud who scores freely for France?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Doing Panenka's in the home of the Panenka.

What colour 'patch' s this one he's currently having? And what colour after that? Thanks in advance.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Antonín Panenka was from Czechoslovakia not from Serbia, and Czech by ethnicity.

In association football, the Panenka is a technique used in penalty kick-taking in which the player, instead of kicking the ball toward the left or right corner of the goal, gives a subtle touch underneath the ball, causing it to rise and fall within the centre of the goal thus deceiving the goalkeeper.

It was created by Czech player Antonín Panenka, who presented this technique to the world in the 1976 UEFA European Championship finals, when he beat German goalkeeper Sepp Maier and gave the title to the Czechoslovakian national team.
After its sensational debut in the tournament, the Panenka kick has been used on rare occasions and mostly by highly respected players who can deal with the consequences of missing a penalty kick that way.This style of penalty kick is also called Il cucchiaio ("the spoon"), in the Italian speaking world

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panenka_(penalty_kick)

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Someone said he was Serbian?

I think the thing is that Panenka did the "Panenka" in a final in Belgrade.

I think the thing is that further explanation to a penalty kick technique I've posted, doesn't harm anybody, quite contrary, it helps, so people will not get confused.

Last edited:

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Think Ramsey/Xhaka is good enough to challenge for the PL but his durability is a massive, massive issue. Got a pretty bad feeling that Wenger is going to stick fat with Rambo only to be let down by the usual muscular injuries...
Is it wenger being let down by the injuries though or is it his training methods causing it. I have to point back to last year's Euros when Rambo has zero issues in terms of fitness and as soon as he came back to arsenal it became a problem.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Is it wenger being let down by the injuries though or is it his training methods causing it. I have to point back to last year's Euros when Rambo has zero issues in terms of fitness and as soon as he came back to arsenal it became a problem.
This is exactly what I was trying to insinuate to @Makingtrax in the Wenger thread. There is a problem with our training methods, surely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom