• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Ramsey has been instrumental in 2 out of the last 3 trophies Arsenal have won. (3 out of 4 if you want to include the Community Shield.)

And despite this, he gets little to no praise from Arsenal fans. Been here since 2008 and I don't even think we have a chant for him lol. If he wants to leave, it would be understandable. It's not like we've made his tenure here particularly enjoyable.

Ramsey has had some poor games this season, but I think that is more so down to his fitness issues (Arsenal don't cover themselves in glory here) and him being asked to play a game that doesn't suit his style.

This new system suits his qualities tremendously. I'd give him a new contract and watch him battle it out with Oxlade-Chamberlain for the position alongside the defensive deep-lying playmaker.
Maybe a more consistent player would have helped us to challenge for the league! We'll never know, but it is a point.

Impact

Established Member
Ramsey's best season at Arsenal had us in first place until he was injured.

There are definitely better players out there but I'm not convinced Ramsey isn't good enough to play an important role in this team.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...

There are definitely better players out there but I'm not convinced Ramsey isn't good enough to play an important role in this team.
Unfortunately, a bad injury like that does have some affect on a player. I would argue that our squad was probably better then.

FinnGooner

Established Member

It wasn't Ramsey's efforts alone, or even particularly, that kept us in that position. After his injury we still went on to win five of our next six PL games, drawing the sixth. Of course, it helped that he was in the form of his life but we also had a healthy Cazorla at his prime available for almost the entire season. Also, we seemed to be defensively sound up until the beating at Anfield. Not to mention that, we had quite favourable schedule up until that point. In fact, Ramsey kinda skipped a good junk of the difficult games that season due to his injury. We would've probably messed up those games with Ramsey as well, just like we had done many many times before and have done many times since.

Anyway, yes, he was brilliant for one season but average for half-a-dozen of others so in my books, and also according to the definition of the word itself, that one good season was an exception. Looking at the other seasons, I can say quite comfortably that Aaron Ramsey is one lucky guy in that he is an average footballer who gets superstar salary.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey has been instrumental in 2 out of the last 3 trophies Arsenal have won. (3 out of 4 if you want to include the Community Shield.)

And despite this, he gets little to no praise from Arsenal fans. Been here since 2008 and I don't even think we have a chant for him lol. If he wants to leave, it would be understandable. It's not like we've made his tenure here particularly enjoyable.

Ramsey has had some poor games this season, but I think that is more so down to his fitness issues (Arsenal don't cover themselves in glory here) and him being asked to play a game that doesn't suit his style.

This new system suits his qualities tremendously. I'd give him a new contract and watch him battle it out with Oxlade-Chamberlain for the position alongside the defensive deep-lying playmaker.

Duhduhduhduhduhduhduhduh duhduhduhduh AARON RAMSEEYYY!!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
With our new system a fit Ramsey can compete to be the best central midfielder next season he got the ability to do it. the player of the year last season couldn't stop Ramsey and couldn't deal with Ramsey forward runs

tcahill

With our new system a fit Ramsey can compete to be the best central midfielder next season he got the ability to do it. the player of the year last season couldn't stop Ramsey and couldn't deal with Ramsey forward runs

Yep a fully fit and on form Ramsey is world class, especially playing in a more attacking role.
We just need to be prepared for the likely event of him getting injured again, and have a new CM ready (or even Ox) to play next to Xhaka.

tcahill

World class. Every half decent player is World Class these days. Only World class player I see at Arsenal is Alexis.

Ramsey of 13/14?
Ramsey of euro 2016?
Ramsey in the last few games of this season after the 3-4-3 change?

We know what he can do, he just needs the right position and a injury-free season.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ramsey of 13/14?
Ramsey of euro 2016?

We know what he can do, he just needs the right position and a injury-free season.
Sorry, but to be considered World Class you have to do it consistently for more than two months every 2 years.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Ramsey of 13/14?
Ramsey of euro 2016?

Thats world class? A few months of great form in 13/14, standing out as the most advanced clogger in a mediocre Wales team, playing a few good games while we've dropped the lowest in 20 years after two seasons of being a waste of space isn't even worthy of becoming Arsenal's starting midfielder in our current state let alone world class.

Not to mention he doesn't have world class talent to ever be world class to begin with.

tcahill

The point I was trying to make is that Ramsey has shown he can play at a World Class level, if he's in the right system (and obviously uninjured). Him and bale dragged that mediocre Wales to the semis. He's had pretty bad luck with injuries but yep I agree he's nowhere near World Class overall.

He's entering form now, and I'm very keen to see how he performs next season.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

International form doesnt always translate to club form. We need to get him signed.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He's at his best when he's given the license to roam. Unfortunately in our team there's only guy who can be given that license and that's Özil. Still his partnership with Xhaka seems quite promising. His timing of forward runs is impeccable. Needs to work on his finishing.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Injury free, with a consistent run of games in cm and Ramsey is one of the leagues best CMs. The criticism he gets is baffling.

Maybe if he was injury free, had a consistent run of games as a CM and was one of the best CM's in the league in the past 3 years, the criticism wouldn't be so harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom