• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

perhaps I'm being thick here, but if someone is played regularly because that gives us a better chance of winning, then why would the club want to get rid of him for peanuts - or nothing at all

I can see the argument against giving the player a new contract we can't afford, but not against trying to persuade him to lower his demands and renew
The club don't see him as an Özil high earner, its simply finances. The wages, bonuses and signing on fee could cost us north of 50m.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Perhaps we did try to persuade him already? The negotiations have been ongoing for quite some time so i'd hazard a guess that we probably will have at some point tried to get him to reduce his demands before we retracted the offer altogether.
yes, I get that - which to my way of thinking we are now in a stand-off situation, rather than having his departure a certainty, as some would have it

so much could yet change, I would have thought - I personally won't slit my throat if he goes, but I am getting somewhat alarmed at the loss of so many team stalwarts in such a short space of time, with Danny and Monreal out of contract this year too

maybe 'we've got our Arsenal back', but it is rapidly becoming an Arsenal I don't know any more

Let's play Aubamawang

As much as I like our players, how much longer can Monreal keep bombing down the flanks? How long will Welbz's knee hold up for? And how long til Rambo spends another 3 months out?

We can rightly question whether it was worth giving Özil 350k per week, but aside from the odd back spasm or cold, he doesn't seem to get anything long term.

Ramsey is a curious one. Do I think he is worth paying 200k+? Not really. Sure, he scores the odd worldie like against Fulham. But that finish was really just about showing off. He timed the finish very well but it could just as easily have gone wide or been scuffed. Backheels look great but are not the most efficient way of shooting.

And that celebration? It just struck me as a spoiled brat not happy because daddy wouldn't buy him a new Mercedes. Sorry Rambo, but the occasional backheel goal does not warrant what you are asking for.

On the other hand, if he scored with a proper midair scorpion kick like he did for me once on FIFA, then I would beg the club to give him anything he wants lol.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
As much as I like our players, how much longer can Monreal keep bombing down the flanks? How long will Welbz's knee hold up for? And how long til Rambo spends another 3 months out?

We can rightly question whether it was worth giving Özil 350k per week, but aside from the odd back spasm or cold, he doesn't seem to get anything long term.

Ramsey is a curious one. Do I think he is worth paying 200k+? Not really. Sure, he scores the odd worldie like against Fulham. But that finish was really just about showing off. He timed the finish very well but it could just as easily have gone wide or been scuffed. Backheels look great but are not the most efficient way of shooting.

And that celebration? It just struck me as a spoiled brat not happy because daddy wouldn't buy him a new Mercedes. Sorry Rambo, but the occasional backheel goal does not warrant what you are asking for.

On the other hand, if he scored with a proper midair scorpion kick like he did for me once on FIFA, then I would beg the club to give him anything he wants lol.
A club with a bottomless money pit like the Manchester Clubs could afford to pay Ramsey silly money for what he actually offers which frankly is not enough. We're already pushing things with what Özil is on weekly given his average contribution and how little the team seems to be adversely affected in his absence. We definitely don't need to be adding Ramsey to that list because it will be to the detriment of better allocating those resources. And yes his celebration did smack a bit of petulance which given how the club have stood by him all these years through injury and ineffectiveness(like so many ungrateful players of recent vintage) was really a bit hilarious. If he wants to stay as a squad player on reasonable wages and Emery feels he's got use for him then fine. But if this is where it ends for him at Arsenal because he wasn't swift enough to realize the banter era is coming to a close then he's got nobody to blame but himself.

avalonhse

I guess the fans that claim this mean that Ramsey would be useful as an option from the bench for Liverpool, or someone that might get them a few important goals, which he does have in his locker tbh. But I do disagree with that, as I do disagree with you that he is better than Wijnaldum; Wijnaldum on current form is comfortably better than Ramsey in every area bar late runs in the box. I don't think he starts over any current Liverpool midfielders, not even Ox because of his long shots, pace and direct dribbling, not even Henderson who is better in the playmaking aspects and more familiar with the squad. Which means that Aaron going to Liverpool sounds nuts. Unless maybe some Liverpool midfielder is expected to go in the summer or be shifted out soon?

United, I could certainly see it on condition that Pogba pushes for a move. We'll see. For me Ramsey has to settle for an average salary but huge footballing glory and a great private lifestyle in Italy. He starts for every Italian team bar Juventus.

Hopefully not, unless maybe he stays with the same salary or so and accepts a bench role. He should go though, I dislike what he did with the contract and he doesn't deserve an extension, nor does he have a place in this squad, he needs a 3-man midfield which Emery won't use.

I am ready to trade Fabinho with Ramsey plus cash. Sound crazy but Liv doesn't use him so why not? :p

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

Except he has done that celebration before. Years ago though so I wont say whether or not it meant something.

pikey2000

yes, I get that - which to my way of thinking we are now in a stand-off situation, rather than having his departure a certainty, as some would have it

so much could yet change, I would have thought - I personally won't slit my throat if he goes, but I am getting somewhat alarmed at the loss of so many team stalwarts in such a short space of time, with Danny and Monreal out of contract this year too

maybe 'we've got our Arsenal back', but it is rapidly becoming an Arsenal I don't know any more

I guess it depends on what our scouting team think they can line up as replacements VS the demands of the players in question, which unfortunately we will never be privy to, so it kind of makes speculation on our part a bit pointless.

Ramsey we know is asking for De Bruyne level wages and isn't bringing De Bruyne to the pitch so that is a relatively simple one, accept less or we will find someone similar to you / spend the wage more wisely elsewhere (its not like we arent stacked in CM and AM).

Monreal I'd extend for a year in heartbeat but not beyond that i suspect he wants 2 or 3 years for his final contract so i can see why that might be stalling.

Welbz again i'd sign on for a year as we have talent coming through that may take his squad spot before too long but i suspect given his age and the fact he still wants to be an England regular he will want gaurentees on play time and a longer contract so again can see why that one may be stalling.

Complete speculation on my part of course.

I get you - its unerving to see so many players running contracts down but its also exciting to see fresh faces and a new approach.

scytheavatar

Established Member
but I am getting somewhat alarmed at the loss of so many team stalwarts in such a short space of time

Why? Do you think we can finish above City and become premier league champions again with our current "team stalwarts"? For us to get to where we want to was always going to require us transforming into a brand new team, you are naive if you think otherwise. We already screwed up and made life difficult for us by not adding in new blood at a faster rate.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Why? Do you think we can finish above City and become premier league champions again with our current "team stalwarts"? For us to get to where we want to was always going to require us transforming into a brand new team, you are naive if you think otherwise. We already screwed up and made life difficult for us by not adding in new blood at a faster rate.
depends I suppose if you think winning things is the be all and end all of supporting a club - for me becoming familiar with the players, following their progression (or regression) and taking an interest in off field activities is important too

perhaps that is what comes of supporting Bournemouth since I was a child - becoming PL champions was never on the radar at the old Dean Court .............. though the way things are going, who knows:)

scytheavatar

Established Member
depends I suppose if you think winning things is the be all and end all of supporting a club - for me becoming familiar with the players, following their progression (or regression) and taking an interest in off field activities is important too

perhaps that is what comes of supporting Bournemouth since I was a child - becoming PL champions was never on the radar at the old Dean Court .............. though the way things are going, who knows:)

And I believe players are never bigger than the club. If the club has ambitions then it has to learn to be ruthless, rather than cling onto players who have plateaued in potential. You should be more excited by the prospect of our current players being replaced by new and better players who will achieve stuff that we couldn't in the past.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
And I believe players are never bigger than the club. If the club has ambitions then it has to learn to be ruthless, rather than cling onto players who have plateaued in potential. You should be more excited by the prospect of our current players being replaced by new and better players who will achieve stuff that we couldn't in the past.
Why should I be more excited? There is no moral dimension here - I am not willing to be lectured because I feel an attachment to players who have been a part of my life, albeit a small part, for some years

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just glad that the “Ramsey is our best player” debate/myth is finally over.

Always been clear that a player who divides the fan base so much is clearly not that great, the club deciding he’s not a 200k per week player is another nail in the coffin of the myth, the final nail will be where he goes next, he’s either downgrading to start or becoming a squad player at a top side imo.

Wouldn’t even be surprised if he ended up staying, I think he tried to get as much as he wanted from us and has now realised it doesn’t get much better for him.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Clear case of hubris with the salary demand. Hope Emery sends him some videos of the **** he produces when he's not in purple-mode for 8 games a season. And asks him "should we play all players that play like this 200k a month?" then proceeds show how other 200k players play.

Alkane

Haha, we called his bluff and I love it. I remeber an interview he gave few months back where he basically said it was between his agent and the club and basically absolved himself of any responsibility.

The guy got greedy, the club deemed him replacable and retracted their offer, and now his bird got twins on the way and he's realised she/him don't want move away from North London during this period. No way he agrees to leave in January unless it's to another London tem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom