• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Nothing to indicate Emery is being overruled here.

I see it more as a mutual decision as it seems we’re moulding into a triumvirate style of decision making. I doubt Sven and Raul would go against Emery if he’s adamant to keep Ramsey.

Yeah I'm not concerned either way, I am intrigued by the fact Ramsey still seems to be at the forefront of Emery's plans .

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Poor Ramsey, only earning 100k a week. I'd demand a pay rise if I was forced to put up with that sort of poverty too. Prick, **** off.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

boyinneedofhumor

Was only a few months ago that this was being touted , admittedly to my bemusement, I found it odd then . I am intrigued as to why the about face by Emery.
Speculation:
1. He hasnt seen Reiss Nelson and ESR at that point. Now that he's seen them, he's working out a way to bring them through in RM (and playing Mkhitaryan in Özil's supposed central role as backup/competition).

2. He has identified a midfield target to bring in during Jan, hence the need to trim.
And Ramsey unfortunately became the casualty here.

3. It wasnt his decision (not to offer a new contract).

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I think the story is pretty simple here. Board withdrew an offer that seemed above Ramsey's actual value to them. You could get two useful players more reliable with form and fitness on wages he would get.

And Emery continues to play him because his idea is to press from the front and we don't have any hard runners in the squad apart from him.

That's it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Seems logical.

The club thinks the terms are excessive and poor value so ‘cancel it out’ by cutting back the summer transfer budget. Emery probably had to decide whether he wanted the budget (bear in mind he may have already had a player in mind) or to keep Ramsey.

Would explain why he’s still playing him: he rates him, but not that much.

Uncle Good-Advice

First of all I wouldn't read much into his statements. It seems to me like an usual talk from a professional athlete, which actually is refreshing to see in our club as it was rather uncommon. He's off in January if opportunity will arise.

I just wonder who's going to pay him that much as he wants? He's not good enough to start at Arsenal so it's rather evident that he'll be a bench player at better clubs. I don't think that even City will risk paying him crazy wage for that and disturb the financial harmony at the club (certain Chilean comes to mind).

In my opinion this is far from over, I wouldn't rule out any scenario as for now.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I have man united co-workers that are drooling over the chance of signing Ramsey.

I'm telling them he's inconsistent. They insist he's our best midfielder. I'm like :lol:.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He is the total package. A complete midfielder. And those players are rare.

When Ramsey ticks we tick. Defensively he can deliver and his goals are just outstanding. Capable of every type.

Some may not see that. That is their choice. To me he brings so much overall that he is first name on the team sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom