• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Former Stoke player Dave Kitson basically confirms what we've known all along. That Tony Pulis is a sub-human piece of filth who set out his players to break Arsenal player's limbs and that Ramsey's leg break was inevitable.

Great read. The way this impacted an opposition player emotionally it's not hard to guess how much effect this had on the Arsenal team and Ramsey himself. Along Wilshere, Eduardo, Diaby and who else there is, that was another longterm career and health impacting injury. I'm pretty sure Ramsey would've turned out in a similar style than he did, but without that leg break would've suffered much less recurring injuries; he could've played more games and maybe become a slightly different player. I mean it's consistently been his hamstrings and thighs over all those years that have 'caused him trouble, and by now there's enough medical studies out there that highlight the negative impact serious injuries while still growing have on your physical apparatus longtime, especially tendons and ligaments. His whole injury record points to a lasting negative influence of that leg break. Of course I think the amateur butchers we apparently had in the medical department until recently will surely have had an influence on this stuff, too, along the reported outdated fitness methods and regimen used by Wenger and his staff. But still, that leg break and similar injuries to other players are a disgrace and we've seen too many Arsenal players' careers affected by it.

Last edited:

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I didn't have anything wrong with Ramsey's performance yesterday. To me, he looks like a player that wants to stay at Arsenal, and wants to make the most of his chances to prove to Emery that he deserves to be part of his plans.

The NLD is this weekend, and he definitely wants to play. A bad performance yesterday, not trying to dictate play, or give maximum effort would have ruined his chances.

Yesterday, he played in the same spot as Mkhi, who has been one of our worst performers lately. Outperforming Mkhi could get him back into the first team, so even though the opposition was crap, everything is a big deal for him and, I'd assume, pretty emotional for Ramsey as he fights for his Arsenal future. Every goal for him will be like a Zlatan bicycle kick until he reclaims the confidence of the coach, Raul, and Sven.

Also, I'm sure he understands that part of the reason he wasn't offered a new deal is because young players like ESR, Nelson, AMN, Guendouzi, etc. are playing well and people within the club believe that they could replace him while being on much smaller wages. If he's in the same 11 as those guys, he has to show that he's a level above them.

Yesterday, he created the first goal, earned the PK and converted it for the second goal.

He's an unorthodox, but decisive midfielder, and if he can keep on having an impact from our RM position, I'm guessing that he believes he might earn a new contract.

I think he's handled the chaos about his contract with the utmost professionalism, and he keeps on giving maximum effort whenever he gets a chance to play. Even if it is a freezing Ukraine in a starting 11 with mostly reserve team players. Can't ask for much more than that.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I think he's handled the chaos about his contract with the utmost professionalism, and he keeps on giving maximum effort whenever he gets a chance to play.

What?!?!?!? Even Sanchez gave more on the pitch for us last season than Ramsey did in his appearances before yesterday's game. Ramsey played alright and to his normal standards yesterday, but let's not pretend he hasn't stopped giving a damn.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
What?!?!?!? Even Sanchez gave more on the pitch for us last season than Ramsey did in his appearances before yesterday's game. Ramsey played alright and to his normal standards yesterday, but let's not pretend he hasn't stopped giving a damn.
Well he went from being a starter against Man City to being permanently bench for the remainder of the season so far. That's not going to fill anyone with reverence for the manager. But I don't blame Emery at all. And I don't blame Ramsey at all either. It's just the way it goes sometimes in football. He's not moaning about being played in the reserve team, he's not refusing to play or train like some have done in the past. Yes he may not be going full throttle in matches at the moment, but that's maybe because he's just protecting himself for his next contract, and also you don't really need to do that in league cup games and EL league games.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Ramsey will always be a legend to me because of how he came back from that and then would go on to score the goal to end our trophy drought and would score another winner a few years later. You just cannot take that away from him.
I don’t care of what he came back from. I only judge players by their abilities.

Walcott also scored in a final, that doesn’t change the fact that he’s a bad football player.

Whenever ramsey is playing, we’d leave so much space in our midfield for the opponent team to exploit.
He does not focus on making the perfect pass and movement to create space for our attacking players, instead, he want to be the attacking player. So we have one less midfielder linking up play and dictating tempo in the midfield area, thus providing us less possession. He does not have the ability to make beautiful through passes. His ball control is poor. And he has a low football IQ.

Last edited by a moderator:

DVD

I don't get the criticism. Ramsey is playing at his normal mediocre level, however I'd rather see players with a future here on the pitch.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Former Stoke player Dave Kitson basically confirms what we've known all along. That Tony Pulis is a sub-human piece of filth who set out his players to break Arsenal player's limbs and that Ramsey's leg break was inevitable.

If Pulis hated Wenger’s philosophy that much, which the leg breaking injury was intentional, Ramsey should be the last arsenal player to be targeted.
Ramsey was the most Pulis type of player in the arsenal squad.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Really hoping he plays the Derby, maybe in Mkhi's place? Shame that Iwobi is not as good at the right wing.

Think Rambo would help Kolasinac's case.

One of the few in the squad that undertands the importance of a NLD.

Drebin

He is a very inconsistent player and usually doesn't fit in our team. The best Ramsey I saw was when he kept everything simple and tried to do the basic things right. At the moment he tries to hard and dribbles himself into dead end situation because he always has the will to create something. Might be a good quality but only with the necessary skillset which he lacks. I'm still not sure if I would like to keep him around if he would lower his demands.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Really hoping he plays the Derby, maybe in Mkhi's place? Shame that Iwobi is not as good at the right wing.

Think Rambo would help Kolasinac's case.

One of the few in the squad that undertands the importance of a NLD.
Wouldn't mind him with Xhaka and Torreira, tbh.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I for one will miss Aaron when he leaves. He maybe inconsistent, and injury prone, but his special talent can turn a match on its head and light up a stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom