Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevius, Jan 29, 2016.

?

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

1. Yes

35.9%
  2. No

64.1%
  1. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Hey hey leave the SPFL out of this.

2. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

I was talking about the league not Europe. But seeing as you mention it Juventus have won the same amount of European trophies in the last 10 years that those SPL teams have - zero.

3. Dregen57

Dregen57 Active Member

Wish him the best, good man

m-due and celestis like this.
  4. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Ok well how is the SPL not a farmers league since only two teams always seem to win. Do you honestly believe its more competitive than the Italian league or are you just trying to downplay it because of the post? The man has a point. Juve does what it takes to keep winning. We dont. Not for the past couple of years anyway.
    I didnt bring them in. Lol.

5. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Sounds like more Club guff . They were happy to let it be known they didn't want him , it's damage control because Juve obviously rate him highly.

m-due and Makingtrax like this.
  6. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Ramsey is a top class player who was misused by Wenger for several seasons, thus affecting the average supporter's perception of him. I believe he'll become a resounding success in Turin, a view shared by the hierarchy in Juventus.

Luckily we have three excellent central midfielders to offset this loss.

m-due likes this.
  7. JW10

JW10 Member

Misused? More like his bloated ego meant he was usually 'misplaced' on the pitch.

Have fun in the slow Serie A, sure he will score some goals.

BigPoppaPump, Ricardinho and celestis like this.
  8. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Opta Loyalist

For some reason I haven't been able to post today because the reply box hasn't been there. I finally went to my preferences and unchecked the rich text thing and have this simple box without all the bells and whistles. Anyone else having this problem? Strange.

Anyway, congrats to Ramsey on his new contract. I wish him the best (even if I'm not particularly a Juve fan).

I can't -- and don't -- however, believe Juve is going to pay him £400,000 a week. I mean, that's what you pay an Mbappe or a Neymar. Surely this is one time when Ornstein has things messed up. Maybe somebody in the club fed him some wrong info to make people think "wow, no wonder Arsenal didn't sign him." DiMarzio is reporting €7.5 million net, which makes a whole lot more sense.

Anyway, some very nice words for Arsenal fans from Aaron today. Hopefully he'll be in top form for the rest of his Arsenal career and go out on a high.

m-due, Makingtrax and Tourbillion like this.
  9. Manberg

Manberg Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that surprising for Ramsey to get £400k a week. He's a top quality player and he's going for free so rather than a hefty transfer fee, him and his agent pocket the money.

10. thierrytheking14

thierrytheking14 Well-Known Member

We do?

11. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

It's before tax though so , 250 k according to Marcotti , nice contract whichever way you look at it .

12. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Opta Loyalist

No, €7.5 million after tax (what Di Marzio reported) would be about £126,000 a week, which before tax would be roughly the £250,000 that Marcotti was talking about. In fact Marcotti even said that £250k seems a lot more plausible than £400k.

It's also, by the way, exactly what Ramsey was reported to be asking of Arsenal.

Makingtrax likes this.
  13. Hope

Hope Less

Dont like him starting for us now as he is Juve bound however

I will be a little emotional when he plays that last game. He broke that drought for us. That season he was legendary. Shame he couldn't repeat it.

He will always be one of us. One of Wengers best Signing. Love his attitude.

Thank you aaron. Wish you the best.

Thanks for the memories.

m-due likes this.
  14. field442

field442 Abandoned Emery because of Lacazette

I’d say it’s more likely the £400k figure is including a signing on fee and incentives while Di Marzio’s figure is probably the real “basic” wage. Ramsey’s agent has probably leaked that figure to Ornstein to make himself look the dogs bollocks. What Ramsey eventually earns pre tax is probably somewhere in the middle of the two.

As a comparison Emre Can got £7m a year and a £14m signing on fee. That’s roughly £10.5m per year averaged out over the length of the contract or £200k per week before tax.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 6:59 AM
  15. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

We got no soul.

Ramsey is great and will do great.

16. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

Ramsey was never that good, his agent finessed Juventus for those wages. But Arsenal players are always rated highly by other teams, I still remember Barcelona buying Song.

Luckily Juventus is Serie A is probably one of the easiest jobs in the world, they win that league every year so Ramsey has more room for his mistakes and vacating midfield probably won't hurt Juve as much as it does us.

m-due and yorch44 like this.
  17. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Still Not a Mod

18. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Hoping Emery cloud has a silver lining

Couldn’t reply today, because reply box is missing. But unchecking the rich text box, allowed me to come on just to say that this post is total bollox.

19. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Thnx 4 providing some reasoning!

We shall see how incorrect I am next season. Don't forget to remind me plz

20. Ricardinho

Ricardinho Well-Known Member

Had more of a mare than me thinking the pre-contract was guaranteed :lol:

Have a look at that video I put up a few posts back - Rambo at his best as a CM 5 years ago. He was nowhere near the same player during the last two years when he was required to drop back after Cazorla injury and coq fell out of favour.

As much as I thank him for his time here I can't help but feel he and his agent stitched us right up last summer with intentions of walking on a free for a big payday. At least it's abroad i suppose.

American_Gooner likes this.