• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope

Less
Dont like him starting for us now as he is Juve bound however

I will be a little emotional when he plays that last game. He broke that drought for us. That season he was legendary. Shame he couldn't repeat it.

He will always be one of us. One of Wengers best Signing. Love his attitude.

Thank you aaron. Wish you the best.

Thanks for the memories.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
No, €7.5 million after tax (what Di Marzio reported) would be about £126,000 a week, which before tax would be roughly the £250,000 that Marcotti was talking about. In fact Marcotti even said that £250k seems a lot more plausible than £400k.

It's also, by the way, exactly what Ramsey was reported to be asking of Arsenal.

I’d say it’s more likely the £400k figure is including a signing on fee and incentives while Di Marzio’s figure is probably the real “basic” wage. Ramsey’s agent has probably leaked that figure to Ornstein to make himself look the dogs bollocks. What Ramsey eventually earns pre tax is probably somewhere in the middle of the two.

As a comparison Emre Can got £7m a year and a £14m signing on fee. That’s roughly £10.5m per year averaged out over the length of the contract or £200k per week before tax.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Ramsey was never that good, his agent finessed Juventus for those wages. But Arsenal players are always rated highly by other teams, I still remember Barcelona buying Song.

Luckily Juventus is Serie A is probably one of the easiest jobs in the world, they win that league every year so Ramsey has more room for his mistakes and vacating midfield probably won't hurt Juve as much as it does us.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ramsey is a top class player who was misused by Wenger for several seasons, thus affecting the average supporter's perception of him. I believe he'll become a resounding success in Turin, a view shared by the hierarchy in Juventus.

Luckily we have three excellent central midfielders to offset this loss.
Couldn’t reply today, because reply box is missing. But unchecking the rich text box, allowed me to come on just to say that this post is total bollox.

DasBootist

Couldn’t reply today, because reply box is missing. But unchecking the rich text box, allowed me to come on just to say that this post is total bollox.
Thnx 4 providing some reasoning!

We shall see how incorrect I am next season. Don't forget to remind me plz

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
DzJ6FaPX0AILh5M

Looool I love AFTV sometimes

Had more of a mare than me thinking the pre-contract was guaranteed :lol:

Have a look at that video I put up a few posts back - Rambo at his best as a CM 5 years ago. He was nowhere near the same player during the last two years when he was required to drop back after Cazorla injury and coq fell out of favour.

As much as I thank him for his time here I can't help but feel he and his agent stitched us right up last summer with intentions of walking on a free for a big payday. At least it's abroad i suppose.

Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You think a manager who got 10 trophies over 22 years, average league position of 2.8, win rate of 58%, average points per game of 2, average goals per game 2, 1 unbeaten season . . . on his spend . . did that by misusing players. You’re having a laugh.

He loved Aaron.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You think a manager who got 10 trophies over 22 years, average league position of 2.8, win rate of 58%, average points per game of 2, average goals per game 2, 1 unbeaten season . . . on his spend . . did that by misusing players. You’re having a laugh.

He loved Aaron.

Yeah I was about to say Arsène loved Ramsey more than most players and would try play him whenever he could. Even times when his form was completely terrible, if anything Ramsey let Wenger down not the other way around.

I do feel like us signing Özil kind of messed it up for Ramsey though, I never felt they had great chemistry and would play in similar positions. I just don't see how we ever planned on playing Ramsey, Wilshere and Özil as they were Arsène's favourites but are all pretty much attacking midfielders.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

He loved Aaron.
Honeslty, just admit it, you're a robot.
And I don't say that because I disagree, I don't.. I just don't know how you maintain your sanity in this forum..

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

I'll be reminding you as well when Aaron is looking for a route home.
Here's how I think it will go

• He lands in Turin and looks good throughout pre-season.
  • He gets a slight knock after 3 competitive games but is back in a fortnight
  • Mid-November after playing his socks off he gets a serious hamstring injury
  • Doesn't produce after that
  • Sits bench throughout 2020
  • Leads cardiff to promotion 2022

Perhaps I'm being hyperbolic but he isn't going to turn heads.

field442

Trusted ⭐

He loved Aaron.

Hate to break it to you but there’s no 2.8 place in the table.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Really? Always thought they had great chemistry..
I always felt like they were running on top of one another. I can actually icture moments where (and you can swap the names for one another here) Özil has the ball and is looking for a pass.. Aaron is looking to receive but is also about 42 cm away from Özil.
As I said, you can interchange the names for that example.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Hate to break it to you but there’s no 2.8 place in the table.
Not in 1 year there’s not, but there is over 22 years. It’s called an ‘average’ . . and that’s one thing Arsène and Aaron never were ;0)

field442

Trusted ⭐
Even an average of 3rd would be an achievement amongst those stats in this context. We already have one reed on the forum. Don't be another.

It’s a valid point. His average position is 3rd. When you’re trying to take an average of placings you go to the nearest because there is no ****ing 2.8 place. He only writes it that way because psychologically the 2 is more gratifying than the 3 in terms of placings. Notice how he wrote average goals per game as 2 and actually round up or down for that stat. He even rounded up his win % to 58% but didn’t bother with the league finishes :lol:

Last edited:

DasBootist

He loved Aaron.
I don't wish to enter a Wenger debate with you as it would be a futile argument. Ramsey signed for Arsenal in 2008, at a time when Wenger's stats were considerably better than the numbers you provided. If you'd consider as to why there was a downturn in those numbers and how that relates to the point I made about Ramsey being misused by the man you seemingly deem as some sort of deity, that would be appreciated.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Not a fan of the player at all but his conduct throughout has been really endearing and really worth respecting. I'm obviously surprised he has gotten a move to Juventus which is a huge deal given at least he'll have a number of league titles to his name.

Thanks for the memories and best wishes.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I don't wish to enter a Wenger debate with you as it would be a futile argument. Ramsey signed for Arsenal in 2008, at a time when Wenger's stats were considerably better than the numbers you provided. If you'd consider as to why there was a downturn in those numbers and how that relates to the point I made about Ramsey being misused by the man you seemingly deem as some sort of deity, that would be appreciated.
The numbers I provided are for his full tenure. Not sure why people can’t let this sh*t go. Taking every opportunity to have a pop at the man.

Ramsey was not misused by Wenger. He was a top box to box midfielder for Arsenal. The worst you could say is that he didn’t fulfil his full potential because of a multitude of soft tissue problems. But some players just have problems like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom