Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevius, Jan 29, 2016.

?

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

1. Yes

35.9%
  2. No

64.1%
  1. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Hoping Emery cloud has a silver lining

You think a manager who got 10 trophies over 22 years, average league position of 2.8, win rate of 58%, average points per game of 2, average goals per game 2, 1 unbeaten season . . . on his spend . . did that by misusing players. You’re having a laugh.

He loved Aaron.

2. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

Yeah I was about to say Arséne loved Ramsey more than most players and would try play him whenever he could. Even times when his form was completely terrible, if anything Ramsey let Wenger down not the other way around.

I do feel like us signing Özil kind of messed it up for Ramsey though, I never felt they had great chemistry and would play in similar positions. I just don't see how we ever planned on playing Ramsey, Wilshere and Özil as they were Arséne's favourites but are all pretty much attacking midfielders.

m-due, albakos and Makingtrax like this.
  3. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Honeslty, just admit it, you're a robot.
    And I don't say that because I disagree, I don't.. I just don't know how you maintain your sanity in this forum..

Makingtrax likes this.
  4. Mark Tobias

I'll be reminding you as well when Aaron is looking for a route home.
    Here's how I think it will go

• He lands in Turin and looks good throughout pre-season.
    • He gets a slight knock after 3 competitive games but is back in a fortnight
    • Mid-November after playing his socks off he gets a serious hamstring injury
    • Doesn't produce after that
    • Sits bench throughout 2020
    • Leads cardiff to promotion 2022

Perhaps I'm being hyperbolic but he isn't going to turn heads.

BenTal likes this.
  5. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Really? Always thought they had great chemistry..

celestis likes this.
  6. field442

field442 Abandoned Emery because of Lacazette

Hate to break it to you but there’s no 2.8 place in the table.

Beksl likes this.
  7. Mark Tobias

I always felt like they were running on top of one another. I can actually icture moments where (and you can swap the names for one another here) Özil has the ball and is looking for a pass.. Aaron is looking to receive but is also about 42 cm away from Özil.
    As I said, you can interchange the names for that example.

m-due, RacingPhoton and BigPoppaPump like this.
  8. Makingtrax

Not in 1 year there’s not, but there is over 22 years. It’s called an ‘average’ . . and that’s one thing Arséne and Aaron never were ;0)

9. Mark Tobias

Even an average of 3rd would be an achievement amongst those stats in this context. We already have one reed on the forum. Don't be another.

10. field442

field442 Abandoned Emery because of Lacazette

It’s a valid point. His average position is 3rd. When you’re trying to take an average of placings you go to the nearest because there is no ****ing 2.8 place. He only writes it that way because psychologically the 2 is more gratifying than the 3 in terms of placings. Notice how he wrote average goals per game as 2 and actually round up or down for that stat. He even rounded up his win % to 58% but didn’t bother with the league finishes :lol:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 10:02 AM
  11. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

I don't wish to enter a Wenger debate with you as it would be a futile argument. Ramsey signed for Arsenal in 2008, at a time when Wenger's stats were considerably better than the numbers you provided. If you'd consider as to why there was a downturn in those numbers and how that relates to the point I made about Ramsey being misused by the man you seemingly deem as some sort of deity, that would be appreciated.

12. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Shoulder Width Expert

Not a fan of the player at all but his conduct throughout has been really endearing and really worth respecting. I'm obviously surprised he has gotten a move to Juventus which is a huge deal given at least he'll have a number of league titles to his name.

Thanks for the memories and best wishes.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  13. Makingtrax

The numbers I provided are for his full tenure. Not sure why people can’t let this sh*t go. Taking every opportunity to have a pop at the man.

Ramsey was not misused by Wenger. He was a top box to box midfielder for Arsenal. The worst you could say is that he didn’t fulfil his full potential because of a multitude of soft tissue problems. But some players just have problems like that.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 10:32 AM
    Ricardinho likes this.
  14. Makingtrax

It’s the great rounding up war on an Aaron Ramsey thread :0)

Rounding up 57.8 to 58 is only a .3% error. Rounding up 2.8 to 3 would be a 7% error. An unforgivable 20 times greater. Come on man:)

Mark Tobias likes this.
  15. boyinneedofhumor

boyinneedofhumor Active Member

I find the reasoning that Ramsey is going because Emery doesnt play with a 8 but a 10... confusing.

Confusing because I can believe Emery putting Ramsey in a 10 behind the forward. But then again Emery recently doesnt play Özil who's the 10.
    (That's a 4231 I'm presuming here...)

Then against Huddersfield I kinda thought that mids like Torreira weren't sitting deep as expected but moved up occasionally, and we didn't play with a 10 but used the flanks...
    (A 3421 or 343 or etc...)

Confused.
    Or maybe Emery's eventual "blueprint" doesnt have a 8 nor 10...

16. Makingtrax

Be very surprised if his body doesn’t break down at some point. It’s only this season where he hasn’t featured that much that he’s avoided injuries.

17. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

13/14 the had top of the table chemistry.

krengon likes this.
  18. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

I can only imagine how Ronaldo will react to Ramsey taking a shot from 30 yards out and missing while he's clear on goal, or when Ramsey back heels to no one at the halfway line letting the other team counter.

Luckily Juve had a solid defence that can cover for Ramsey's silliness, but I give him 6 months before he's benched and they can't sell him cos of wages.

Ricardinho likes this.
  19. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

There was numbers going around just how good the link up between them was, can't find it right now.. The ramsey Özil combination was usually one of the main strong points in our team during our good runs since 13/14 tbh..

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 11:58 AM
    celestis likes this.
  20. Makingtrax

Good for his personal development to move abroad, so few British players do.

It’s a hell of team he’s going into with very few weak links. It’s a lot easier to look good when the whole team is on your level or above.

Mrs Bergkamp and m-due like this.