• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I honestly still don't get it ,because before his injury he was a complete midfielder , remember one game against Stoke he came on for Diaby as a DM and bossed it .
I remember some interviews from Wenger about clean leg break and that his youth was advantage compared to Eduardo, but his running and agility was different when he was fit again. I always thought he changed his training somehow after the injury, but looks like that type of injury marks you forever.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Scoring the winning goals in those FA Cup finals is a cool thing and Ramsey should be remembered for it, but let's not get carried away. I mean, Andy Linighan scored the winning goal in the 119th minute of the 2nd leg of the 1993 final, but I don't think anybody is ranking him up there with Ian Wright (who scored Arsenal's other two goals over the two legs) or even Lee Dixon (off whose leg Chris Waddle's shot deflected to level the game and send it into extra time).

Ramsey has been a very good player for Arsenal (even if his form has been off and on, largely due to injuries), but he's not Henry or Bergkamp or Brady or Bastin. Or even a Paul Merson for that matter.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Seems like we were being used for leverage and Raul got sick of it? I never bought the narrative that we agreed a deal and backed out, it's clear that Aaron has always been in Unai's plans.

EDIT: David has come back with this. :lol:

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This goal gets better everytime I see it

"

Go to 6:43. One of my favourite goals he’s scored against us.

Probably playing our best football in years that season, unreal.

If Ramsey, Theo, Özil, Koscielny and Wilshere hadn’t got injured at almost exactly the same time I reckon we could’ve won the league. Absolutely killed us stone dead.

People finally starting to use injuries as an excuse for Wenger because they can't do anything else for Emery! Finally! Yeah injuries has really cost us in last decade and even for longer!

ptrcopp

We haven’t had a legend at the club since Henry left and I don’t think Ramsey comes close.

Will remember him warmly for the cup final goals but will equally find it impossible to forget that he was never able to perform consistently at the top level and was a key part of an Arsenal squad who constantly flattered to deceive and even managed to lose a title to Leicester ****ing city.

IF he rejected Juventus and continued with us, would he be a legend then?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
We haven’t had a legend at the club since Henry left and I don’t think Ramsey comes close.

Will remember him warmly for the cup final goals but will equally find it impossible to forget that he was never able to perform consistently at the top level and was a key part of an Arsenal squad who constantly flattered to deceive and even managed to lose a title to Leicester ****ing city.
Harsh to compare when the 1st/2nd best club in the league with 3rd/4th/5th. Got to take circumstances into account.

Turning down United/ Fergie for us, coming through from a teen at Arsenal, fighting back from injury, the Stoke wars, loyalty to Wenger, the final performances, spectacular goals & 10 years service make him a club legend.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Incredible what’s happened to Ramsey. Accused of being a Wenger fave, someone who won’t get paid or get into any other top team etc, but ffs the lad has seemed to have had all the top 5/6 clubs in the world chasing him and has probably signed the most lucrative deal ever for any British player at a foreign club.

We’ll most likely get a 32 years old Banega as his replacement.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Incredible what’s happened to Ramsey. Accused of being a Wenger fave, someone who won’t get paid or get into any other top team etc, but ffs the lad has seemed to have had all the top 5/6 clubs in the world chasing him and has probably signed the most lucrative deal ever for any British player at a foreign club.

We’ll most likely get a 32 years old Banega as his replacement.

almost makes you doubt the opinion of some AM posters, doesn't it? but I'm sure the Ramsey knockers know better than Juventus

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@Rex Banner pretty interesting what Wenger is saying here about the Ramsey situation mate . 9.39 onward.

Yeah thought it was like that, Ramsey seemed to be intimating during the summer he wanted to stay.

Disappointing really, as per usual the club’s mismanaged it’s limited finances.

The other point Wenger raises is interesting though, I think we’re seeing a gradual change to American sports style free agency.

As he says, the prices quoted for players now are astronomical. Only two clubs in history have spent 100M on a player but Jadon Sancho for example is being quoted as a 100M+ player after one good year.

The market for these guys isn’t there, so the option to run down contracts and command the fee’s equivalent in a signing bonus whilst having total freedom to play where you want is obviously very enticing.

I can see players opting for shorter and shorter deals, yes they haven’t got the guaranteed financial security, but a player like Sancho could double or triple his wages in a couple of years.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
@Rex Banner pretty interesting what Wenger is saying here about the Ramsey situation mate . 9.39 onward.

Or just another case of Wenger being strung along by one of his players. How many times has Arsène been “confident they’ll sign” only to be forced into having to sell them or put in a position where we have to offer inflated wages? Chamberlain and van Persie strung him along and then had to be sold. Walcott and Özil strung him along and then had to be offered ridiculous contracts. Wilshere strung him along for months until it was too late and Wenger got the sack. Ramsey would’ve been no different. He’d have either been offered an inflated contract or would do what he has done.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Or just another case of Wenger being strung along by one of his players. How many times has Arséne been “confident they’ll sign” only to be forced into having to sell them or put in a position where we have to offer inflated wages? Chamberlain and van Persie strung him along and then had to be sold. Walcott and Özil strung him along and then had to be offered ridiculous contracts. Wilshere strung him along for months until it was too late and Wenger got the sack. Ramsey would’ve been no different. He’d have either been offered an inflated contract or would do what he has done.

Disagree with this, especially the Wilshere point as that completely contradicts what he said in his leaving statement.

Most players at most clubs will be unafraid to run down their deals and get as much money as possible, it’s not unique to us.

He wasn’t responsible for the Özil contract either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom