• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Much as I have been a Ramsey critic, and believe me, the proof is on this thread to show it. I still decided he is a legend and voted as such.
Tricky question for me. We've had this debate a few times on the forum but I'll lay down my reasoning anyway.
  • Trophies, check. Many posters say this is a requirement of a legend. I don't feel that it is a necessity but they help. You have to admit though, that goal, that Charlie George Esque celebration. It felt so right and it felt so good that it was Aaron scoring.
  • Longevity, check. This player gave the core of his career to us. Sure he has a great engine and I see him being a player who plays till his mid 30s but let's face it. He has given the large chunk of his career to us.
  • Loyalty, check. Ramsey has always been loyal. Watches his mouth in a presser and wears the shirt with pride. Never hides in a derby either. We'll miss him against Sp**s. Power player for crucial crunch matches.
  • Class, check. One of the many values of this club is that we like to do things with class. Although this element has waned in recent months I feel Aaron has ALWAYS held up the reputation of this club with class. His handling of this contract situation has been utterly professional and as a fellow parent I take my cap off to him for not allowing his emotions to turn this ugly.

Thanks Rambo. Real pity you couldn't lift the Premier league with us. I think we will miss you. End of an era for sure.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The man made his mark on the club's history when he scored in two cup finals, both at very clutch moments.

That should be enough to qualify as a legend regardless of how you feel on his consistency.

Isn't Solskjær considered a legend despite having rode the bench a lot?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Isn't he more a cult hero type, or just a tier below legend status?

It was an honest question, I can't really remember. The fact he was brought back because they needed someone who new the club well and what it meant to play for United seems to indicate it's not so much of a cult thing.

Plus, it was a clutch final goal. albeit in a bigger stage.

Ramsey clutched the end of the trophy drought.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Or just another case of Wenger being strung along by one of his players. How many times has Arséne been “confident they’ll sign” only to be forced into having to sell them or put in a position where we have to offer inflated wages? Chamberlain and van Persie strung him along and then had to be sold. Walcott and Özil strung him along and then had to be offered ridiculous contracts. Wilshere strung him along for months until it was too late and Wenger got the sack. Ramsey would’ve been no different. He’d have either been offered an inflated contract or would do what he has done.
There is only so much even Wenger could do. He is not negotiating money or dealing with their agents over details.

The club opened talks ridiculously late for both Jack & Ramsey. I remember someone from Ramseys agency questioning it on social media or Reddit & Jack kept saying in interviews he had no offer gone January I think.

Chamberlin acted like an unprofessional **** phoning in a vital game (karma hey!), Walcott / Özil played the club perfectly in negotiations & Robin outgrew us.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Rambo is an Arsenal legend in my eyes, if you can't appreciate this man then I politely will disagree with you. He's going to Juve - one of the best teams in the world to play with one of the best players and be coached by one of the best - there is a reason he got that deal.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
He scored a champions league final goal, scored important goals off the bench to help league and cup wins.

As an outsider I consider him a critical player.
Difference between a critical player and an outright legend though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Difference between a critical player and an outright legend though.

Depends if you class legend purely on ability, for me I’d say Ray Parlour is a legend even though he wasn’t at the same level as a Vieira.

My definition of a legend would be; it’s impossible to tell the story of the club without them.

I think with Ramsey, you have him being here since he was a teenager, the horrific injury, the long road back and that breakout season which finally ended the awful trophy drought and then he scored another late cup winner against an arch rival.

Also the way he treated the club has been top class, been an extremely good professional. No bad news stories about him, and hasn’t f*cked us over by running off to a rival which he clearly could have. All while copping a lot of abuse off his own fans.

Last edited:

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Ramsey has never really impressed me, so personally I don't view him as a player that will be among the Arsenal players I will remember . There are few that I think I will. I mean maybe he will be a legend for Arsenal club but personally for me he is not.

Last edited:

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Too many disapointing moments between the memorable ones to consider him a legend.

He’ll always be considered as a FA cup cult hero and a trophy drought slayer but not a legend in my eyes. He doesn’t live and breath Arsenal as a legend should.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm not really a huge fan of Ramsey and I think Juve are mental paying him that amount of money but I think that a decade of service, fighting back from injury and putting in an effort every time he put our shirt on as well as obviously the Cup Final goals does make him a legend, albeit a lower tier one. Of course he's not in the same tier as someone like Henry, Vieira or Bergkamp and he was never as good as someone like Fabregas but he always did his best and he never embarrassed us. You could always count on him giving the absolute maximum even if his decision making and first touch let him down at times. I don't feel we ever lost a match because of Aaron Ramsey but there were certainly a few that we only won because of him and I think that deserves respect. He's fully deserving of a testimonial IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom