• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I honestly didn't think he was that bad. He made decent runs. Pulled defenders out of position. I'm usually the first to slate him so perhaps I should rewatch and see what I missed.

Great player. Has rarely disappointed when it really mattered. Also good in the current system case in point, yesterday's two halves of the match. Sad we are letting him go.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I can just imagine him at Juve throwing his arms in the air getting pissed off when Ronaldo takes a shot instead of passing.

jus2nang

That guy helped us ending our trophy drought, scored the winning goal in two Cup finals, overcame a huge injury and developed into a leading figure on and off the pitch for Arsenal FC.

Of course he's a legend.

Legend is a stretch.

Recent legends are the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Wright, Adams & Vieira.

That's the level. Ramsey is some way off that.

Manberg

Predator
Legend is a stretch.

Why?

10 years of good service to the club, winning trophies, helping the team to top 4 and being a great player must put him up there.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Legend is a stretch.

The most “recent” of those legends left the club well over a decade ago.

He’s not the best player we’ve had post Emirates but he’s had one of the most positive impacts.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Ramsey is not a legend for me. Scoring one more goal in a final than Koscielny/Cazorla does not make him a legend for me either. It's like saying someone scored the last winner for the season makes the player a legend because we needed a win in the last game. It's ridicilous.

I don't think people will remember him in 10 years. "Remember the ramsey 'era'?" lol. Fabregas won nothing here, still i'd say he's more of a legend than ramsey. I do remember his "era".

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Legend is a stretch.

They are top of the chain legends... statue worthy legends & icons of the club.

Ramsey more you run-of-the-mill legend.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Ramsey is not a legend for me. Scoring one more goal in a final than Koscielny/Cazorla does not make him a legend for me either. It's like saying someone scored the last winner for the season makes the player a legend because we needed a win in the last game. It's ridicilous.

I don't think people will remember him in 10 years. "Remember the ramsey 'era'?" lol. Fabregas won nothing here, still i'd say he's more of a legend than ramsey. I do remember his "era".
If you think that in 10 years no-one will remember him ending our trophy drought you are seriously deluded. I will always remember that and if you're seriously honest with yourself, you know that you will too. What will you remember about 'more of a legend' Fabregas?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
They are top of the chain legends... statue worthy legends & icons of the club.

Ramsey more you run-of-the-mill legend.
Wow:rolleyes:
This is exactly what some posters are warning against with the over use of the word 'Legend'. The word itself should be a class on it's own. Not one broken down into various sub-sections. Completely loses its meaning then.
For the record I consider Ramsey a legend. @American_Gooner please use your super human power and find the poster who stated "a legend is someone you can't tell the history of the club without".. What a brilliant definition.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Wow:rolleyes:
This is exactly what some posters are warning against with the over use of the word 'Legend'. The word itself should be a class on it's own. Not one broken down into various sub-sections. Completely loses its meaning then.
For the record I consider Ramsey a legend. @American_Gooner please use your super human power and find the poster who stated "a legend is someone you can't tell the history of the club without".. What a brilliant definition.
Mount Rushmore > Icon > Legend

Pretending all legends are the same is daft. You cant tell the story of the club without Almunia.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You cant tell the story of the club without Almunia.
Um, yes you can because there isn't really any significant moment he was involved in. Achievement wise. Nobody blabs on about the kak years of their club. 'History', in the context of this sport, is about glory moments and moments of accolade.

Also not quite sure what you mean by the below. Are you now creating new categories or just being obtuse?
Mount Rushmore > Icon > Legend

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
If you think that in 10 years no-one will remember him ending our trophy drought you are seriously deluded. I will always remember that and if you're seriously honest with yourself, you know that you will too. What will you remember about 'more of a legend' Fabregas?
I meant remember him like a legend. People remember most players obviously. When speaking about the greats in 10 years I'd be very surprised if people spoke about Aaron Ramsey.

Fabregas entertained all arsenal supporters for almost 10 years with his absolute world class play and kept us hoping. That i will remember. Aaron scored a few goals and was bad like half the games. He did alot of good, but he was also very bad at times. Thinking his goal vs chelsea was more important than sanchez or cazorlas is a flawed point of view in my opinion. And without those goals I dont think he would be talked about as a legend.

And i dont think thats enough.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Um, yes you can because there isn't really any significant moment he was involved in. Achievement wise. Nobody blabs on about the kak years of their club. 'History', in the context of this sport, is about glory moments and moments of accolade.

Also not quite sure what you mean by the below. Are you now creating new categories or just being obtuse?

Champions League final & his role was pretty significant.

Thats mine... There is no set definition of a club legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom