• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He had a very good game. I can't help but be incredibly frustrated when he has one of those signature poor first touches though, he barely got away with it a few times (especially in the first half) but it could have been very different if Napoli wasn't so sh*t yesterday. But just to reiterate, very happy with his performance yesterday.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Me too. Think that season destroyed a part of my optimism with this club.

I will say the FA Cup kept me believing as did the year after when we retained it and bought Alexis.

Year after where we completely sh*t the bed after beating Leicester on Valentine’s Day killed me. That was our best chance post 2011.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I will say the FA Cup kept me believing as did the year after when we retained it and bought Alexis.

Year after where we completely sh*t the bed after beating Leicester on Valentine’s Day killed me. That was our best chance post 2011.
100%. Was disappointing not to be there at the end.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Now you're being pedantic. Click on the link from a few posts back
I'm not being pedantic. When you offer players massive contracts they need to be worth it. Particularly for Arsenal who aren't flush with cash. So when you have a player like Ramsey where an offer was on the table but history shows us he is absolutely incapable of a full season fit then that offer gets rightfully revoked.

DasBootist

I'm not being pedantic. When you offer players massive contracts they need to be worth it. Particularly for Arsenal who aren't flush with cash. So when you have a player like Ramsey where an offer was on the table but history shows us he is absolutely incapable of a full season fit then that offer gets rightfully revoked.
The contract offer being revoked had nothing to do with injury problems. This is the last time I respond to your posts on the matter, as you're typing out of your arse.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You know what, thinking about the legend status, I never really regarded him as one, but if he keeps this form up and drags us to a Europa League trophy then f*ck it give him that legend tag.

His professionalism and performances have been absolutely crucial considering Arsenal isn't even his future, yet he wants to set this club up for the best possible chance to compete properly again with CL footy.

Having said that, I still believe letting him go is the right call. Just glad he's still fully committed regardless.

What a guy.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The contract offer being revoked had nothing to do with injury problems. This is the last time I respond to your posts on the matter, as you're typing out of your arse.
Why on earth are you getting so defensive? This is a forum.. this is the Ramsey thread. I haven't been aggressive or off topic.. Is there something wrong with your basic communication skills that you can't have a simple conversation without being triggered?
Enlighten me then, why did we revoke the contract offer?

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Watching Ramsey excel right now gives me so many mixed emotions. I can see him help lead us to a Europa League victory and the top four, and then he's gone. It makes me so mad, and also question Emery as a coach.

And the worst thing is that Ramsey would always get muscular injuries because we'd overplay him and he'd run more than everyone else, but with our current squad that problem will solve itself. Emery has improved everyone's fitness, and we have Torreira too. A midfield core of Ramsey, Torreira, Xhaka, and Douzi is perfect and allows us to rotate.

And if we ever play four at the back then a midfield three of Xhaka, Ramsey, and Torreira would be great. Xhaka could play in the middle and distribute from deep, which would allow our full backs to push higher up. Then we'd have Ramsey and Torreira on either side of him winning tackles, forcing turnovers, and launching the attack. This season those three have already scored 13 goals. For a full season that could easily be 20 goals from midfield, and that doesn't include Özil's goals either. He has 5 goals this season. Özil plus Laca and PEA could be nearly 50 goals.

It still boggles my mind how Emery and everyone didn't figure this out until after Ramsey signed for Juventus.

DasBootist

It still boggles my mind how Emery and everyone didn't figure this out until after Ramsey signed for Juventus.
Emery was probably trying to phase him out due to his departure (nothing to do with Emery himself), but then the Juventus sporting director waxed lyrical about Ramsey the Regista.

That's when the penny dropped. A player with Ramsey's fitness levels would flourish as a box to box.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Emery was probably trying to phase him out due to his departure (nothing to do with Emery himself), but then the Juventus sporting director waxed lyrical about Ramsey the Regista.

That's when the penny dropped. A player with Ramsey's fitness levels would flourish as a box to box.

Juventus basically told us how to play our own player.

GunnerShy

He has always divided opinion in the same way he is capable of polarised performances.

His attitude and professionalism has always been first class and stands out even more so since we removed our offer. He is really rewriting the narrative around him to the extent that if we can finish top 4 or win the Cup then he will be held in very high regard by all the fan base and deservedly so!

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
:lol:

Do you honestly believe that?

Yeah, I definitely believe that Juventus' statements about playing Ramsey as a creative B2B influenced Emery.

We spent the entire first half of the season hearing Emery say that Özil and Ramsey can't play together, and watching them rotate as AMs or not even play.

Ramsey signs a deal with Juventus and they reveal their plans to play him in a completely different position, and soon thereafter we see Ramsey playing the same position.

Injuries and Torreira's suspension definitely influenced Emery too, but during the first half Emery would play Douzi during these situations and now Ramsey is clearly ahead of Douzi in the pecking order.

I clearly don't have any insider information, but I don't think it is a coincidence that Emery started playing Ramsey in the same position that Juventus said they intend on playing him.

Beast Incarnate

He's played well recently. Still don't think he's worth the king's ransom he was demanding.

At the end of the day, if Ramsey really wanted to stay, he would have been more reasonable in negotiations.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I've been very critical of Ramsey, but he's doing great atm and deserves a place on the team sheet every week. Does he deserve the 200k he supposedly wanted? I'm not sure, don't think so, but who cares.

Now win us the cup Aaron!

Manberg

Predator
Ramsey has much more impact than Özil, who's on £350k p/w.
Ramsey scores goals, puts in a defensive shift, gets involved in all areas of play and shows up in big games too.

say yes

forum master baiter
Sad to see him leave given his form the last few months. Best he’s played in years.

He wasn’t available so it’s a moot point but I do wonder what state our club would be in if we’d made the switch to Emery a year earlier.

Reckon Ramsey would have been renewed ahead of Mesut.

Escy

Producing half season of superb form, then for about 5 seasons of being one of the worst squad peformers each season. Then signing for another team before you start producing half a season of good form again isnt really good enough.

If he's one of the worst squad performers, how come he was Arsenal's player of the season last year?

I'm genuinely baffled by some of the bollocks you lot talk.

Also, stop saying the club withdrew the offer like it was your decision to kick him out. He knows his market value, the Arsenal offer was an insult, he told them he's not signing and then the club make out they didn't want him anyway and have "withdrawn the contract offer". They must have been going through his bin bags to withdraw that offer. Do me a favour....

He's signed for Juventus for 400k a week, one of the top sides in world football and you are still questioning if he would have been worth 200k a week at Arsenal. What planet are you all on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom